Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Community Section > General Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 01-22-2010, 07:28 PM
Acolyte

Maybe we, the fans, could help out in other ways then just cash ? Like farming, but more creative :P Seriously, there is a lot of talent out there waiting to be found, why not give someone a 10.000$ cash price for the best intro movie ? Just blurbing an idea, I myself couldn't do it, but I know my way around photoshop for instance and I'd be glad to help.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:33 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuncz View Post
Maybe we, the fans, could help out in other ways then just cash ? Like farming, but more creative :P Seriously, there is a lot of talent out there waiting to be found, why not give someone a 10.000$ cash price for the best intro movie ? Just blurbing an idea, I myself couldn't do it, but I know my way around photoshop for instance and I'd be glad to help.
wow excellent idea !! i'm really not a cinematic maker but music it's possible ... i saw someone else doing this job too in the forum maybe a menu theme or a special boss theme ... i don't know but fan contribution is a very good idea !

BUT, we have to be good ! anything we'll do HAS to be as good as all of the TQ content !
Old 01-23-2010, 01:42 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama8 View Post
**** me! I didn't think they'd be cheap, but I didn't realise they'd be that much. Out of curiosity how much (ballpark) do other things cost? Items, monsters, voice overs, etc...
Well, basically the costs are focused around time, each individual aspect doesn't have a specific cost. The more time something takes, the longer everyone has to come to work and get paid for that time spent. If they manage to haul ass and create a boss in half the time, that boss won't have cost them the same 5K figure.

I'm part of a 2-person development team who's going to be published on Steam, and I luckily have the good fortune to be able to work as long as I want on my game and it doesn't cost a dime.

It's just a matter of how the developer is structured, with a lax environment like mine, everyone (all 2 of us) works for "free" and just splits the earnings based on whatever the sales happen to be, and no matter what, we profit.

If you're more of an official development office and you've got a building and proper employees working for a weekly check, that's when the costs start to come in and add up.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:31 AM
Champion

I recently heard about this game & was thrilled to find out that it was being made by ex-members of Iron Lore who worked on Titan Quest. I Absolutely love that game (still play it), and was very saddened to hear the news when Iron Lore was closing down it's doors. I was really looking forward to Titan Quest 2.

Amyway...
I personally prefer a disc copy of a game also, and would gladly pay more for it. I also don't care about 3d story pieces either, its the game that I care about.
I feel confident that this game will be as equally as good as TQ. My only gripe about TQ was that it didn't feature any blood & gore whatsoever, which I felt made the combat suffer. But it's good to know that it will be added to this game. I also don't care about a rotating camera, but whatever. I trust the Developers to make an awesome game.
I can't wait for Grim Dawn to be released.
This is all great news & music to my ears.

Last edited by shawnmck; 01-24-2010 at 01:35 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
cgi, distribution, grim dawn drm, retail, securom, torchlight