Old 07-08-2018, 06:23 PM
Herald

The only thing I don't like in that map is nemesis indicators. They're all similar... err... the same... and force you to hover on that in order to know what nemesis is that (examples, Kuba, Reaper). I'd like if you'd be able to choose which nemesis monster you want to see on the map, or see only the ones you inserted in the "search" function.

Overall it's very good and helpful.
Old 07-08-2018, 09:20 PM
Acolyte

Couple suggestions:
1. Add ability to add custom markers and path planner - just a list of markers, connected on map (no need for pathfinding, just to visualize route, without manually drawing). Maybe a way to share markers/path via link, like we can share builds.
2. World map needs more than 100% zoom, at least as an option. A lot of areas have stuff placed too dense for 100% zoom level. Yes, it'd be a bit blurry, not an issue imo, compared to usability improvement.
edit - few more:
3. Markers for ugdenbloom stumps would be helpful too
4. Option to filter markers by search (e.g. searching for "reaper of the lost" to hide all other markers)
5. Make "area names" and "level limit" flags mutually exclusive, they overlap on the map anyway
6. Ability to toggle markers (saved locally), for example to hide already opened exalted stashes.

Last edited by Demonik; 07-09-2018 at 12:31 AM.
Old 07-09-2018, 09:03 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisprinzessin View Post
I advertised your latest tool on a stream, but the streamer was missing the locations for static lore notes, for which she has been using map-hack. Other than that you have outdone yourself once again.
Lore notes are on my todo list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceno View Post
I wasn't expecting layer parsing! You're too awesome

It's maybe not super important, but would you be willing to throw in the riftgate-disable layer as well?
I don't think there's a need for it, it's only in dungeons anyways and it's a common knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USER_NAME_01 View Post
The only thing I don't like in that map is nemesis indicators. They're all similar... err... the same... and force you to hover on that in order to know what nemesis is that (examples, Kuba, Reaper). I'd like if you'd be able to choose which nemesis monster you want to see on the map, or see only the ones you inserted in the "search" function.

Overall it's very good and helpful.
Yeah, I see your point. For now I'll just add an indicator next to the icon to distinguish them. In future there might be a better solution though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonik View Post
Couple suggestions:
1. Add ability to add custom markers and path planner - just a list of markers, connected on map (no need for pathfinding, just to visualize route, without manually drawing). Maybe a way to share markers/path via link, like we can share builds.
2. World map needs more than 100% zoom, at least as an option. A lot of areas have stuff placed too dense for 100% zoom level. Yes, it'd be a bit blurry, not an issue imo, compared to usability improvement.
edit - few more:
3. Markers for ugdenbloom stumps would be helpful too
4. Option to filter markers by search (e.g. searching for "reaper of the lost" to hide all other markers)
5. Make "area names" and "level limit" flags mutually exclusive, they overlap on the map anyway
6. Ability to toggle markers (saved locally), for example to hide already opened exalted stashes.
1. Maybe in a future, this is not a priority though.
2. I don't thinks it needs more zoom, but I might consider adding it. Also I don't see much usability improvement because the only markers that overlap at max zoom level now are npcs in towns, but you can disable them already.
3. Maybe, but is there really a need for it? AG runs nets ~10-15 ugdenblooms, do people run stumps like they did before AG was released?
4. This is a good idea, added to my todo list.
5. Nah, that's just limiting something that ain't broken. In dungeons they overlap, that's for sure, but in main Cairn map they don't.
6. I'm thinking about checklist for shrines/oneshot chests, but still trying to decide whether it should be a separate tool or a feature inside the map itself, I'm leaning towards the former.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:27 PM
Praetorian

Nemesis markers now have a small colored indicator in the top right corner to distinguish them from each other. I think for now this will suffice.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:33 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammitt View Post
2. I don't thinks it needs more zoom, but I might consider adding it. Also I don't see much usability improvement because the only markers that overlap at max zoom level now are npcs in towns, but you can disable them already.
3. Maybe, but is there really a need for it? AG runs nets ~10-15 ugdenblooms, do people run stumps like they did before AG was released?
6. I'm thinking about checklist for shrines/oneshot chests, but still trying to decide whether it should be a separate tool or a feature inside the map itself, I'm leaning towards the former.
2. Just felt hard to read sometimes at max zoom and I got used to in-game zoom. When I tried it I would just constantly try to zoom-in even though I know it's not possible.
3. Only around my path. I agree it's not as useful now.
6. If there would be 2-way integration (can go from checklist to map and back from map to checklist) - then it works too.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:07 PM
Champion

Aren't there some Valdaraan spawns in the Conflagration? Sure I've seen it there in the past, map says no though and now I'm confused.

Similarly, the second of the three oligarchs in the undercity isn't marked with a red dot, while the first and third are.

Anyway, that's small stuff, this map is pretty damn awesome.
Old 07-13-2018, 07:03 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avyctes View Post
Aren't there some Valdaraan spawns in the Conflagration? Sure I've seen it there in the past, map says no though and now I'm confused.
There are no spawns for Valdaran there, maybe they were removed, idk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avyctes View Post
Similarly, the second of the three oligarchs in the undercity isn't marked with a red dot, while the first and third are.
Because he's a hero-tier enemy, and map currently includes only boss tier enemies. In future, when support for quests is added, he'll be on the map as he's related to a quest. But just an fyi, random hero tier enemies will never be added since there are ~40k spawns for them, same goes for random champion tier mobs (~60k).
Old 07-13-2018, 07:22 PM
Campaigner

Excellent work Dammitt! Thanks for your hard work and dedication.
Old 07-15-2018, 07:50 AM
Praetorian

Update:
  • Added markers for lore notes (disabled by default)
  • Enabled localization support and added translations for German, Japanese and Spanish

As you may notice, transaltions include not only general UI as in other tools, but also prerendered text on the map itself (overview map, name layer and level limit layer). I was unable to render Japanese characters using the same method I use for all other languages, so they are rendered a bit differently, but at least I was able to read what I see compared to rather bland rendering in the game.
So kanji, as well as hanzi and hanja if there will be Chinese and Korean translations in future, will be rendered like that.

Regarding lore notes: there are 141 shown on the map out of 175 total, the ones not included are either random drops (~25) or tied to quests/scripts, and they will probably be included in future when I add support for quests. Although I admit that couple not random drops, e.g. from Rolderathis, were not included because some part of detection logic collides with random drops. But it's still better than maphack that show only 121.

Last edited by Dammitt; 07-15-2018 at 08:40 AM.
Old 07-15-2018, 01:10 PM
Acolyte

Great job.