Old 12-22-2017, 06:00 PM
Initiate

Smile Some ideas for better game experience

Hey. I'm playing Grim Dawn 2 years, and there is some things, that "call" to be added:

1) Searching function in devotion (it will be good to see, where is heal buffs or critical damage, for thinking better star way. For new players it will be good too!);

2) Make better visibility for Nemesis or hard bosses (strong mobs have overhead star, but other's not... Sometimes you don't see, that legendary guy is in twenty low level mobs, and then you read in forum, that hi has cool weapon, but you run him trough... Maybe, make overhead something like pentagram or other symbol, that stops your way. Maybe show or pulse on map);

3) See unique monster equipment, while they is alive (I will try to explain. Come out new dlc. Monsters have green, blue or legendary items... maybe... i don't know. Ofc i can beat them 50 times and see, that them have only green hats... I think, that we need to know, what we can get! Why i need to wait, while on internet someone will show, that Krieg's Boots is in Terrnox pocket? But earlier i can kill him 50 times, but nothing out! I will move on other location, and don't know, that he has amazing item! If i know right now, that he can drop 3 items (not show rarity), i will farm him and hit all out! I will remember him and back later, if need!);

4) Some statistic after dead (there is lot of situations, when "one shoot" kill you right now! You are tank, but "something" destroy you in one moment! Wow, what was that?.. It will be cool to see, what me kill's, for example, really heavy poision with fire damage... or other things, and that help's me prepare for next battle with this boss!);

5) See on my weared armor, that they already have augment's on it (all time need to watch and scroll item description, to see - have they augment's or not! i see component on it, but not augment!);

6) Legendary weapons and armor will have levels (for example, Warborn Gavel on 1 lvl give +220 Health, but at 25 lvl = 500! Can be damage, granted skills and other!).

7) When you find new item, will be good to compare it with your own - green and red ticks will show, what parameters is better.

8) Write on map. I can add pin, where is strong monster or where is new location of "travel" boss. Or write, where is dungeon blacksmiths.

9) Search function added to the blacksmiths. Fast writting will help do upgrade more comfortable.

10) Bag in bag for components. They takes too much place in inventory, and for special quests... we can get new bags!

Fuhhh... Btw, game is really amazing! I love it so much! Big, big thaks, that you all are! And thanks for reading! (Sorry for grammatic mistakes... not native language).

Last edited by DeadWasGreat; 06-27-2018 at 11:34 AM.
Old 12-22-2017, 06:07 PM
Ascendant

Shouldn't it be "DeathWasGreat"? Or from Necrophiliac's POV "DeadAreGreat"?

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 12-22-2017, 06:36 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Resurrected Ex girlfriend maybe?

In all serious though:

1. I think this has been raised a few times. Not against it, but the player would need to have a good knowledge of the constellations to know what to search for in the first place (plus the components of each constellation) which would render the entire search moot.

2. Most nemeses have a distinguished buff sound prior to you approaching them - granted some heroics can fool you with the same buff, but it does sort of alert you none the less

3. There is a thread based around screenshots of mobs weilding unique items - I think this is something along the lines of what you meant to an extent anyway

4. You could try Grim Internals with logging enabled - http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53629

5. Not entirely sure of the request here. I'm guessing it's to do with very long description popups that require scrolling down to see what augment is applied (if any). Could be a neat idea to have something similar to the illusion icon that states that the item is augmented - a little green "up arrow" icon maybe

Last edited by Scene; 12-22-2017 at 06:58 PM.
Old 12-23-2017, 12:42 AM
Initiate

Honestly, all I want for Christmas is a search function added to the blacksmiths.
Old 12-23-2017, 02:53 AM
Praetorian

#5 actually there is an augmented tag on items that have had augments applied. It's usually beneath the items name(IE: Incanters ascended conduit of Fury) and beneath that name it'll say Augmented rare item

edit: oh you mean you want to know what augment is used, my bad
Old 12-23-2017, 10:45 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
It's word game. In real it means: That was great!, where "that" sounds like "dead". Other thing, when i in online game someone defeat, my nick automaticaly says, that YOU WAS GREAT, but now dead...
Old 12-23-2017, 10:52 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by QwxJ View Post
Honestly, all I want for Christmas is a search function added to the blacksmiths.
Very good idea! Can i add it to my wish list?
Old 12-23-2017, 10:55 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8anarchist View Post
#5 actually there is an augmented tag on items that have had augments applied. It's usually beneath the items name(IE: Incanters ascended conduit of Fury) and beneath that name it'll say Augmented rare item

edit: oh you mean you want to know what augment is used, my bad
Yes, i see component on armor, but augment not! Sometimes forgot to use it, and walking with bad resistance...
Old 12-29-2017, 08:48 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scene View Post
Resurrected Ex girlfriend maybe?

In all serious though:

1. I think this has been raised a few times. Not against it, but the player would need to have a good knowledge of the constellations to know what to search for in the first place (plus the components of each constellation) which would render the entire search moot.

2. Most nemeses have a distinguished buff sound prior to you approaching them - granted some heroics can fool you with the same buff, but it does sort of alert you none the less

3. There is a thread based around screenshots of mobs weilding unique items - I think this is something along the lines of what you meant to an extent anyway

4. You could try Grim Internals with logging enabled - http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53629

5. Not entirely sure of the request here. I'm guessing it's to do with very long description popups that require scrolling down to see what augment is applied (if any). Could be a neat idea to have something similar to the illusion icon that states that the item is augmented - a little green "up arrow" icon maybe
2) There is lot of situations, when you not hear it... Sometimes "feel" damage, and than you know, that is "someone". With Nemesis, ofc, is easy - there is chest, but others. Sometimes play with no sound (girlfriend), or forgot about specific sounds...

4) Thanks for it! I will try!
Old 06-27-2018, 11:37 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by QwxJ View Post
I added it to wish list.

Tags
ideas new things