Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > Totally Random

Old 02-18-2018, 07:40 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avyctes View Post
I also use ghostery, an extension that blocks everything that tries to track me (much of it overlaps with my adblocker, but that doesn't hurt).
Someone once told me Ghostery actually itself tracks you and sells your data.

https://lifehacker.com/ad-blocking-e...to-a-514417864

Quote:
Ghostery is owned by Evidon, a company that collects and provides data to advertising companies. It has a feature called GhostRank that you can check to "support" them. The problem is, Ghostery blocks sites from gathering personal information on you—but Ghostrank will take note the ads you encounter and which ones you block, and sends that information back to advertisers so they can better formulate their ads to avoid being blocked. The data is anonymous, and Ghostery still does everything it promises to do to protect your privacy.
Nothing's sacred.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:05 PM
Champion

Evidon was ... sketchy, I admit, but they no longer own ghostery. Sold to Cliqz last year which is a German company so has to deal with some very tough data protection laws now.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:14 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onmastikon View Post
Realize this is a naive question, but I am pretty computer illiterate (too old).
Certain programs obviously spy on me and send information about me to whoever it is that buys that.
if you want to protect your Internet privacy you can use proxy servers which can save your personal data from online snoopers. I've started using proxy from here https://buy.fineproxy.org/eng/individualproxy.html a few months ago. It has a lot of benefits and with its help I can bypass any restrictions. Very convy