Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Community Section > General Discussion

Old 09-14-2018, 06:47 AM
Counsel

Don't waste skeleton keys until ultimate. You'll make lots of money later, i've been making 5-6 mil+ daily lately.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:14 AM
Acolyte

Can report selling the greens and yollows I had and the ones I'm picking up, I already almost have 80k now which is around double what I had before.

About not spending Skeleton Keys until Ultimate: I doubt I'd do more than one run of each rogue-like dungeon before Ultimate. I failed at my first free attempt of Steps of Torment so I'm gonna do another run when I can. I know the most efficient thing across a long time frame with end game taken into account is to even save the first free Skeleton Key I get but that's not what's most meaningful/fun to me on my first playthrough. It's probably what I'll do if I level other characters after this playthrough.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:24 AM
Counsel

Been leveling lot of characters over the years and i think it's not worth picking up yellows. Maybe if it's your very first character, but other than that it's not worth it. It's much faster to progress if you don't have to go selling all the time and i'm not sure but i think you get money almost as fast if you just sell green+.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:54 AM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekkuli View Post
Been leveling lot of characters over the years and i think it's not worth picking up yellows. Maybe if it's your very first character, but other than that it's not worth it. It's much faster to progress if you don't have to go selling all the time and i'm not sure but i think you get money almost as fast if you just sell green+.
Good point, but I think I'm getting more money selling yellows; their prices vary but they can reach amounts that come close to greens. I'm not trying to progress the fastest so I don't mind going back a little more to get about 4k bits +, each time. However, I'm sure later on that amount wouldn't mean much to me.

I'm not trying to progress the fastest. But if the loot from SoT is really good, I don't think it's self evident that it's slower to sell more yellows and get around 4k each time you sell which is around half the price for a key, in order to get some really good loot which could help you maybe be twice as powerful from doing a few runs, thus progress much faster. But that depends on the quality of the loot. But if you already have twink gear, which I don't, then it's probably fastest to loot nothing at all.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:56 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadWolf View Post
Good point, but I think I'm getting more money selling yellows; their prices vary but they can reach amounts that come close to greens. I'm not trying to progress the fastest so I don't mind going back a little more to get about 4k bits +, each time. However, I'm sure later on that amount wouldn't mean much to me.

I'm not trying to progress the fastest. But if the loot from SoT is really good, I don't think it's self evident that it's slower to sell more yellows and get around 4k each time you sell which is around half the price for a key, in order to get some really good loot which could help you maybe be twice as powerful from doing a few runs, thus progress much faster. But that depends on the quality of the loot. But if you already have twink gear, which I don't, then it's probably fastest to loot nothing at all.
I general, it is not the iron bits you should be worried about, but getting enough Blood of Chton
Old 09-14-2018, 08:05 AM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by malawiglenn View Post
I general, it is not the iron bits you should be worried about, but getting enough Blood of Chton
Depends how many runs you wanna do and how many bits and bloods you have. But I'm aware Blood of Ch'thon is a material you need to farm at Blood Grove.
Old 09-14-2018, 03:17 PM
Counsel

You might already be aware of this, but it took me a while to get around to this.

If you are into doing rogues, the final Outcast faction quest is appropriate. Might as well kill 2 birds with one stone.

Edit: although, you might want to get to maybe lvl 50 to start these. 50 is better for chest rewards and drops.

Last edited by hammyhamster1; 09-14-2018 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-14-2018, 03:29 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekkuli View Post
For beginners / first char is very useful to pick up and sell yellows since you not just want iron bits per time played, but instead iron bits per progress made, cuz you want to buy component/relic blueprints, stash tabs, maybe faction gear too before you dive into later acts/difficulties.
Gallop, you plan to add, podzemele bagels?
Old 09-14-2018, 05:35 PM
Supporter

Suggest you wait until @ least lvl 50 before attempting any of the rogue like dungeons.

The reason is simple: it's from this lvl on that legendary items start dropping and these dungeons are "notorious" for dropping them, after the final boss(es).