Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 02-19-2019, 03:50 PM
Initiate

I have a few more questions, if I hopefully may .

-With your final Infiltrator-Build you have 4x20%=80% WPS? https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV76myO2
-That means 1 out of 5 attacks is an Autoattack with Shard-of-Beronath?
-If a WPS triggers, your default attack (Beronath) is replaced by the WPS. Does that mean that the Devotion bound to Beronath (Ulthos) can only trigger on those 1 out of 5 attacks?
-Or is it like this: Beronath-Autoattack is replaced by WPS BUT its linked Devotion skill is triggered anyways?
-I have to decide if any given WPS is better than Beronath-Autoattack. If not then its better to not put any points into it? Is Belgothian's Shears (level 5) really better than Beronath? Or Do you have it for the little AE-dmg it has?
-DualBlades you only spend so many points in, because you want that phys-Res? Or is its flat Piercing-Dmg in any way awesome?
-Why not taking 20% armor-absorption-component in legs? Is that 15 Physique that important?
-Why no Kilrians in Chest? You then would have 50% Chaos-Res which will be 80% through Steel Resolve.
-Why not using Seal-of-Anni for Medal aswell? Having 2 of them would double the chance of proccing its Annihilation-proc, right?
-Why not using Essence-of-Chthon-augment on weapons? The Aether-Resist is already covered by Steel Resolve.
-Why not using "Seal-of-the-Night" instead of Coldstone? Alone its stats seem to be superior, at least to me.
-Wouldn't it be worth to spend at least 1 point each into RoH, Biting Cold and Chillsurge in order to activate them? With +Skills on gear you would have some levels for them anyway and by that another skill to spam.

Ok, I better stop here or you will totally skip this.

Thanks in advance for answering, if you will do so.

Cheers
Jeannex
Old 02-19-2019, 05:21 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannex View Post
I have a few more questions, if I hopefully may .

-With your final Infiltrator-Build you have 4x20%=80% WPS? https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV76myO2
True.

-That means 1 out of 5 attacks is an Autoattack with Shard-of-Beronath?
True, remaining 20% is used by autoattack not powered by wps.

-If a WPS triggers, your default attack (Beronath) is replaced by the WPS. Does that mean that the Devotion bound to Beronath (Ulthos) can only trigger on those 1 out of 5 attacks?
The bound celestial power applies to entire autoattack including all embedded wps skills, e.q. Hand of Ultos can proc off of Execution too.

-Or is it like this: Beronath-Autoattack is replaced by WPS BUT its linked Devotion skill is triggered anyways?
As mentioned above

-I have to decide if any given WPS is better than Beronath-Autoattack. If not then its better to not put any points into it? Is Belgothian's Shears (level 5) really better than Beronath? Or Do you have it for the little AE-dmg it has?
WPS skills are magnified by autoattack replacers; treat Beronath's shard as a multiplier to all of your wps skills. 110*114% weapon damage means every wps skill is magnified to 125% of its initial value, Execution becomes 311% weapon damage instead of default 250%. The more powerful WPS skill is, the more efficient you become. Replying to your question: yes, Belgo Shears are good in this build.

-DualBlades you only spend so many points in, because you want that phys-Res? Or is its flat Piercing-Dmg in any way awesome?
Flat pierce from this skill gets converted to flat cold by Deathmarked set bonus, gloves and rings conversion.

-Why not taking 20% armor-absorption-component in legs? Is that 15 Physique that important?
These pants left from Blademaster spec, it had 100% armor absorption with this component. I was too lazy to swap the component, and I had no reason - this build is well defended as is.

-Why no Kilrians in Chest? You then would have 50% Chaos-Res which will be 80% through Steel Resolve.
Sanctified Bone provides good racial damage bonus to chthonics and undead.

-Why not using Seal-of-Anni for Medal aswell? Having 2 of them would double the chance of proccing its Annihilation-proc, right?
It can't be placed into medal.

-Why not using Essence-of-Chthon-augment on weapons? The Aether-Resist is already covered by Steel Resolve.
Flat cold, aether resistance and armor are too good to skip.

-Why not using "Seal-of-the-Night" instead of Coldstone? Alone its stats seem to be superior, at least to me.
Coldstone aura applies to both weapons while Seal of the Night is applied to only that weapon it is placed on. Coldstone is better damage-wise, just replace it with Seal of the Night and look at your weapon damage on second tab.

-Wouldn't it be worth to spend at least 1 point each into RoH, Biting Cold and Chillsurge in order to activate them? With +Skills on gear you would have some levels for them anyway and by that another skill to spam.
This build already has too many buttons to press. Adding more buttons makes piloting harder.

Ok, I better stop here or you will totally skip this.

Thanks in advance for answering, if you will do so.

Cheers
Jeannex
Hi! Green text.
Hope I answered on all questions. Don't hesitate to ask if you need to!
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
Octavius injects a decilitre of horse hormones into untransmuted FW.

Tags
blademaster, cadence, cold, deathmarked, dual wield