Old 01-11-2017, 05:10 PM
Lord Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauricius View Post

I find it odd that the word ""Masters" is used. I mean they were servants of the primordial gods. So you would assume that since the no longer serve them, that some Aetherials would have leaders to organize and not masters. Unless that some gods are behind all of it.
Same here, there has to be some kind of God behind them.

Quote:
We already had some assumption that the gods were jealous, or had a different opinion of things that caused the war of the gods. Now that one side tried to harness the power of the void, i assume that Ch'thon returned and that Empyrion smote him into a thousand-thousand pieces. It also seems that some gods were cut down (died) and others were scattered to the far reaches of creation. (Probably Korvaak is one of them)
How do you know Empyrion isn't the one who reached into the void. Mogdrogen's reaction when we mention his name is just plain weird.

Also who banished the aetherials when the Gods are the ones fighting here?

How does the Eldritch Realm fit in this picture?

Who punished Dreeg?

Quote:
I think on the world map that the city in the upper right corner is Malmouth and Port Valbury is located west of that probably around the pointy north land seen from the middle of the lake.
Could be Korvaak's ruins imo

Quote:
So she is speaking of returning to Ugdenbog.
This might mean there's more than just mere Wendigos there.

Spoiler!
Old 01-11-2017, 09:49 PM
Emissary

The reason why i think that Malmouth is the city/village all the way above Burrwitch, that certain notes direct to that.
Harbormaster's Log - Lower Crossing
Spoiler!

Harbormaster's Log - Burrwitch
Spoiler!

The Same Dream Again
Spoiler!
Old 01-11-2017, 09:52 PM
Lord Advocate

Quote:
Nice memory you got there mate.

So i was right, Malmouth is the base of the Luminari

Spoiler!
Old 01-11-2017, 10:03 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Also can someone explain the void's nature to me? Chaos is the element associated with it, so the source of all Chaos is Chthon right?
I think the void existed before Ch'thon did, seeing as how he was banished there. From Tainted Power, it seems that Chaos simply comes from the void itself, not necessarily Ch'thon. Though he's probably gotten pretty good at harnessing it...

Edit: I don't think it'd necessarily be unwise to assume the Void is kind of like the Warp from the Warhammer 40k universe.

Last edited by Ceno; 01-11-2017 at 10:06 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:05 PM
Lord Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceno View Post
I think the void existed before Ch'thon did, seeing as how he was banished there. From Tainted Power, it seems that Chaos simply comes from the void itself, not necessarily Ch'thon. Though he's probably gotten pretty good at harnessing it...
Ah makes more sense. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherial View Post
Efirialami.
Looks like we have the name of the main antagonist :kappa:

Spoiler!
Old 01-11-2017, 10:05 PM
Emissary

Well not sure if it's the main base but at least some sort of region office for the inquisitors i assume.

The wendigo is a primal hunger spirit, so i don't think those figures from the inquisitor background are them. Shaman are from the untamed northlands, so location wise it would not make sense for wendigo's to be in Ugdenbog?
Old 01-11-2017, 10:16 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Edit: I don't think it'd necessarily be unwise to assume the Void is kind of like the Warp from the Warhammer 40k universe.
Quoting myself because I may have come up with a slight conflict for this theory...

What actually is the Bastion of Chaos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
The Void is the birthplace of terror. It is a place of darkness and blood, of toxic mists and obsidian spires. No mortal willingly enters it without a death-wish. Most unfortunate souls that find themselves inside the Void have been forced there by dark ritual, sacrifices to the Chthonian horrors that dwell within. With the Cult of Ch’thon gathering blood to feed their hungering god, Void Rifts have been tearing open all over Cairn, spilling forth Chthonians hungering for flesh.
If we do actually enter the Void by entering the Bastion of Chaos (or the Obsidian Throne), then that kind of throws out the Warp idea. I kind of just assumed BoC was some piece of a world (not necessarily Cairn) or alternate reality (probably of Cairn) that Ch'thon's forces had successfully annihilated, and not actually a piece of the Void. But with the above, it seems the result is far simpler and the Void is, in fact, a material plane host to a myriad of fiends and monsters.

The problem with that is that we essentially invade Ch'thon's home each and every time we run BoC/etc....and he doesn't seem to mind. Moreover, there's a Void rift sitting right on top of the Necropolis leading to the BoC; why would the Loghorrean be summoned inside the Necropolis rather than through that rift, if the BoC is in fact a piece of the Void?
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #408  
Old 01-11-2017, 10:21 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Quote:
The problem with that is that we essentially invade Ch'thon's home each and every time we run BoC/etc....and he doesn't seem to mind. Moreover, there's a Void rift sitting right on top of the Necropolis leading to the BoC; why would the Loghorrean be summoned inside the Necropolis rather than through that rift, if the BoC is in fact a piece of the Void?
Hm, why indeed...
Old 01-11-2017, 10:24 PM
Champion

Chthon as a Chthonic Nemesis who always spawns right next to you when you enter a Void rift confirmed for the expansion.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:25 PM
Lord Advocate

Quote:
Moreover, there's a Void rift sitting right on top of the Necropolis leading to the BoC; why would the Loghorrean be summoned inside the Necropolis rather than through that rift, if the BoC is in fact a piece of the Void?
What sorcery is this? A friend of mine asked me the same thing a few minutes ago

Anyways, my take on the situation is. During the northern wars, Log appeared in our world (we don't know whether he was summoned or was drawn to all the bloodshed). After his defeat the archmages knew he'd not die and simply return to the void. And they certainly couldn't let him stay here. So they trapped him between our world and the void. So technically the Edge of Madness is a separate dimension.

Quote:
The wendigo is a primal hunger spirit, so i don't think those figures from the inquisitor background are them. Shaman are from the untamed northlands, so location wise it would not make sense for wendigo's to be in Ugdenbog?
Yeah but they hunger for human flesh. So wouldn't be surprised to see some of those things there. I don't think that's the main mystery of Ugdenbog though, lame-ass Wendigos don't cut it. Probably another Primordial is being worshipped there

Spoiler!

Tags
discussion, lore