Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 11-20-2017, 09:21 PM
Advocate

Es what I mean. The two handed variant of this build was painful to play until I hit the level to equip the regular Valdun. And it's annoying because you can't really upgrade piecemeal to mythical Valdun - gotta go all or nothing.

At least the nice thing about Valdun is that you can equip that belt that lets you have like 90-95% armor piercing with rifles - reflect isn't near as scary as it is to a physical damage build.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:25 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfeta View Post
Es what I mean. The two handed variant of this build was painful to play until I hit the level to equip the regular Valdun. And it's annoying because you can't really upgrade piecemeal to mythical Valdun - gotta go all or nothing.

At least the nice thing about Valdun is that you can equip that belt that lets you have like 90-95% armor piercing with rifles - reflect isn't near as scary as it is to a physical damage build.
95% AP just from belt? Are you sure?
Edit: Its 90% if you use whole Valdun set.

On high phys resistance/armor/ADCTH char reflect doesn't mean much.

Last edited by JoV; 11-20-2017 at 09:28 PM.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:33 PM
Advocate

Yeah with the set. Sharpshooter also has an armor piercing bonus.

http://www.grimtools.com/db/items/7984

Also, huh, didn't read it too closely, it actually works with 1 handed weapons, too. Also the elemental damage conversion... might be something to look into combined with 2 bladetwister signets for 75%+ elemental into piercing conversion for all the inquisitor dual weild procs?

Quote:
On high phys resistance/armor/ADCTH char reflect doesn't mean much.
Speaking of ADCTH, I forget, is it possible to reduce boss resist to it be able to heal with it against them? I typically try to incorporate Manticore/Black Legion -15% reduced target resists augments on most builds as a default "can't think of anything better" selection, but I am not sure it's doing anything in that respect.

Last edited by konfeta; 11-20-2017 at 09:39 PM.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:55 PM
Champion

Quote:
Yeah with the set. Sharpshooter also has an armor piercing bonus.

http://www.grimtools.com/db/items/7984

Also, huh, didn't read it too closely, it actually works with 1 handed weapons, too. Also the elemental damage conversion... might be something to look into combined with 2 bladetwister signets for 75%+ elemental into piercing conversion for all the inquisitor dual weild procs?

Speaking of ADCTH, I forget, is it possible to reduce boss resist to it be able to heal with it against them? I typically try to incorporate Manticore/Black Legion -15% reduced target resists augments on most builds as a default "can't think of anything better" selection, but I am not sure it's doing anything in that respect.
Inquisitor procs aren't just dual wield, it works with rifle also.
Main problem with dual wield pierce is low AP ration on guns you would need one sinister affix green.
You can heal against bosses just fine if you have enough ADCTH they aren't absolutely resistant to it.
Only way to reduce that resistance is -% life leach resistance from haunt and ratosh afaik.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:26 AM
Advocate

So, question - is your variant capable of facetanking historically hard hitting things like Shar'zul, etc. in gladiator? I've hit what seems like the limit on non-mythical Valdun, so now I am shelving my tactician until I get mythical sets in either direction to try gladiator again.

Sharzuin deleted me in seconds in Glad through 0% crit chance, inquisitor seal, and warcry. Was a bit annoying, considering the only thing that forced me to move up to that point was Alkamos.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:46 AM
Champion

Quote:
So, question - is your variant capable of facetanking historically hard hitting things like Shar'zul, etc. in gladiator? I've hit what seems like the limit on non-mythical Valdun, so now I am shelving my tactician until I get mythical sets in either direction to try gladiator again.

Sharzuin deleted me in seconds in Glad through 0% crit chance, inquisitor seal, and warcry. Was a bit annoying, considering the only thing that forced me to move up to that point was Alkamos.

Before last patch it was capable of facetanking everything in cruci, now Im not 100% sure cuz didn't tried but doubt anything changed.
Main differences that I can think of that are letting this setup be more tanky than any valdun setup are: higher armor, higher phys resistance, more consistent and higher ADCTH (even if your attack speed with valdun is 200% you still hit a loot slower than dw setup) and maybe most important thing with warborn helm you can have 100% up time on war cry.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:30 AM
Supporter

So Iíve been leveling a tactician aiming for the forceweVe tank build. But Iíve bedn considering swapping to this build. Close to lvl 80, are there any faction items to make the transition? Sword and board cadence has been getting a bit dull.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:56 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rant View Post
So I’ve been leveling a tactician aiming for the forceweVe tank build. But I’ve bedn considering swapping to this build. Close to lvl 80, are there any faction items to make the transition? Sword and board cadence has been getting a bit dull.
This is what I found in like 3 mins of browsing: Elite Coven Combatant's Chestguard, Elite Coven Combatant's Spaulders, Malmouth Vanguard Pauldrons, Malmouth Bladed Waistguard, Elite Devil's Retribution, Malmouth Rifle

Browse a bit longer than I did and im pretty sure you will find even more.

Last edited by JoV; 11-22-2017 at 05:51 AM.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:57 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoV View Post
This is what I found in like 3 mins of browsing: Elite Coven Combatant's Chestguard, Elite Coven Combatant's Spaulders, Malmouth Vanguard Pauldrons, Malmouth Bladed Waistguard, Elite Devil's Retribution, Malmouth Rifle

Browse a bit longer than I did and im pretty sure you will find even more.

Thank you.
My appologise for the laziness, at work on my phone when I decided to ask.
Once I finish elite I think Iíll grind revered with some factions and make the transition.
Old 11-26-2017, 05:00 AM
Initiate

Default Question

How do you get the extra chaos points needed to put points in hydra im confused

Tags
cadence, dualvielding, guns, gunslinger, tactician