Old 11-06-2017, 04:38 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dikkiedik View Post
you could even say place holder familiar
Hmm, maybe it will come back to me eventually.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:39 PM
Supporter

Will 1.0.3.0 come with changes to the skill queue? Right now anything that's bound to LMB takes priority over other skills, which is the opposite of how it should be. This issue is especially frustrating when using and auto attack replacer on LMB because it's constantly being casted so you have to specifically stop using your auto attack in order to cast skills in your rotation.
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #23  
Old 11-06-2017, 04:44 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidpid View Post
Will 1.0.3.0 come with changes to the skill queue? Right now anything that's bound to LMB takes priority over other skills, which is the opposite of how it should be. This issue is especially frustrating when using and auto attack replacer on LMB because it's constantly being casted so you have to specifically stop using your auto attack in order to cast skills in your rotation.
Quickbar has, and had for a long time (always?), priority over LMB. The build I play most of the time for fun literally relies on holding LMB (Beronath's Fury) and casting various cooldowns off of the quickbar and I've never had problems.

Are you sure you're not mashing your keyboard cooldowns too fast?
Old 11-06-2017, 04:48 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croc View Post
I'm not sure if improved casting behavior was really needed for mouse and keyboard users, it seemed fine to me.
I'm guessing you missed the long thread about having it changed since the expac came out

Love the controller UI overlay

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaum View Post
You mean, GD had controller support? Since when?
:|
Since a long time ago and only thanks to Rhis messing about in his own time to see if he could get a controller working.

Last edited by Jaknet; 11-06-2017 at 04:53 PM.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:55 PM
Supporter

WOW!

Here comes the hype again!
Old 11-06-2017, 04:58 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
Quickbar has, and always had, priority over LMB. The build I play most of the time for fun literally relies on holding LMB (Beronath's Fury) and casting various cooldowns off of the quickbar and I've never had problems.

Are you sure you're not mashing your keyboard cooldowns too fast?
There's been multiple times when a skill would be off cooldown and I would cast it only for it to never cast. For instance on my Warder that I've been playing recently I have savagery bound to LMB and have Blade Arc on my quickbar. There will be times where I will cast Blade Arc when it comes off cooldown, watch the quickbar icon do the pressed animation, and then it will come back up without ever casting and require me do.mash the hell out of the button until it finally goes off. This is an issue I've had on multiple builds too, and not just ones that have AA replacers bound to LMB. The whole casting queue feels clunky. I would give a more concrete example, but I'm at work and won't be back home for a while.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:04 PM
Herald

i really love the entrance of the new roguelike the casting improvement looks neat too !
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #28  
Old 11-06-2017, 05:04 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidpid View Post
There's been multiple times when a skill would be off cooldown and I would cast it only for it to never cast. For instance on my Warder that I've been playing recently I have savagery bound to LMB and have Blade Arc on my quickbar. There will be times where I will cast Blade Arc when it comes off cooldown, watch the quickbar icon do the pressed animation, and then it will come back up without ever casting and require me do.mash the hell out of the button until it finally goes off. This is an issue I've had on multiple builds too, and not just ones that have AA replacers bound to LMB. The whole casting queue feels clunky. I would give a more concrete example, but I'm at work and won't be back home for a while.
It could also be another example of the skill cast range issue we're eradicating in V1.0.3.0, so give it a go after the patch I suppose.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:05 PM
Initiate

I do hope with the new Crucible maps, an option to select the desired level will come as well rather than re-hosting until you get your favorite one, or the new AoM ones. Good job guys so far! Hype!
Old 11-06-2017, 05:16 PM
Acolyte

I hope the improved casting behavior is optional - it will cause serious headaches casting spells with important positioning and short ranges like Wendigo Totem (when playing as a summoner.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
It could also be another example of the skill cast range issue we're eradicating in V1.0.3.0, so give it a go after the patch I suppose.
I don't think it is a cast range issue actually, because it happens to me with non-target skills such as aura toggles. It seems to be due to inputting commands too quickly - some either get overridden by later input or missed due to another action being in process or the command queue being full.

Last edited by Soup; 11-06-2017 at 05:19 PM.

Tags
grim misadventure