Old 02-06-2018, 06:27 PM
Herald

Call my employer one more time, you fucking shitheels. Call them again. I absolutely dare you. I know who you are.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:04 AM
Herald

"What kind of payload should we put into lower orbit?"
"Let's throw one of my cars up there for shits and giggles and publicity."

ELON MUSK YOU UNBELIEVABLE FUCKWAD.

Yes I know it's old news but it still makes me upset

Now he's selling flamethrowers. How did this man become rich? He seems like either the biggest idiot I've ever seen or a genius and I can't tell which.

Last edited by Tycho; 02-07-2018 at 03:17 AM.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator

Really, DFDS is it that hard to make it so I can change my password?
Old 02-07-2018, 05:29 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
How did this man become rich? He seems like either the biggest idiot I've ever seen or a genius and I can't tell which.
It's probably a bit of both. Some of his ideas are clearly insane, most are unrealistic but a few have paid off, like the cars and now the rockets. As for his wealth, didn't he get on board very early with some tech company? Too lazy to look it up, but pretty sure that's where he got his starting capital.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by medea fleecestealer View Post
Really, DFDS is it that hard to make it so I can change my password?
Aargh! Please use "forgot password" to set new one. Do that, get told to see e-mail and click on link - no e-mail. 3 times the same. Give up, go away. 15-20 minutes later check e-mail to find 3 all in German, even though I'm using the UK website in ENGLISH. Enter new password and get told ReturnURL required, but no place to put that if I even knew what it was.

Come on people! It isn't rocket science - is it?
Old 02-07-2018, 08:59 PM
Herald

8 dollars to mail a small box of candy to a friend. 8 dollars. What in the goddamn, USPS?
Old 02-08-2018, 12:49 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
"What kind of payload should we put into lower orbit?"
"Let's throw one of my cars up there for shits and giggles and publicity."

ELON MUSK YOU UNBELIEVABLE FUCKWAD.

Yes I know it's old news but it still makes me upset

Now he's selling flamethrowers. How did this man become rich? He seems like either the biggest idiot I've ever seen or a genius and I can't tell which.
It was the first launch for an untested rocket system, so having a payload that doesn't cost millions to replace means it's cheaper to test out more of the systems. Of which this was an almost complete success, due to the main rocket's signal being lost and failing to land back on the barge.

As for the flamethrowers - due to a quirk in USA laws, they're completely unregulated. Though that will probably change once someone uses one in a mass flaming, since the NRA (for f*cking once) will not probably get in the way.

Wealth wise - Musk is part of the PayPal Mafia and has become stupidly rich via smart investments in tech companies and yet somehow isn't a complete douchebag despite the wealth. Unlike Peter Thiel, who amid all this other sh*t thinks drinking the blood of the young will grant him youth. Instead Musk's more the mad scientist type, using his wealth to build things that go boom in a controlled way, flame-throwers and disrupting the power market by provide storage to make solar more useful. Although Tesla has issues with how it treats it's factory workers vis unionisation and used imported Eastern-EU workers in shitty work conditions to cut out union construction and fit out workers when constructing one of their plants. And the hyperloop is economically stupid to boot, since for the costs involved you could build high speed rail instead.
Old 02-10-2018, 05:21 AM
Herald

"Hey where are your ladies' coats?"
"They're pretty much all sold out, ma'am."
*get stinkeye from customer as if I had called their mother unseemly things*

Yeah, bitch, that's right, I personally made sure there would be no coats here for you to buy and thus I deserve all your hate, heap it on me. Fucking hell.
Old 02-11-2018, 03:54 AM
Herald

Dear customers: Next time you come to my register on your cell, I'm going to pull out my cell and fiddle with it until you take the fucking hint.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:04 AM
Counsel

The fucking hell did COMODO do?!?! The lates 'update' for SPECTRE and Meltdown causes my pc to fucking hang when I log onto my desktop profile. Constantly have to keep clicking no to decline well over a dozen times a day every fucking day.