Old 03-21-2017, 11:54 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
Yes it's too long. Especially when levels are long winding with lots of (artificial) blockages between the last and the next gate. Some caves are exorbidantly long. If we could just quit and start where we left off this wouldn't be that much of an issue.
The only place that comes to mind for your description is the Flooded Passage in act 1, and that you can clear in 20-30 minutes.

In general, you can always reach the next rift gate in that time or less, no matter where you are, mostly by staying on the road.

If you do not have the maybe 45 minutes to clear an area, stay on the road and clear one side of it, do the other side the next time.

If you do not have 15-20 minutes, then maybe you should not try to reach the next rift but farm a bit..
Old 03-22-2017, 02:54 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba View Post
In general, you can always reach the next rift gate in that time or less, no matter where you are, mostly by staying on the road.
Actually this is the impressive thing about GD. Since me and a friend of mine sincerly play GD(we 've gotten HNS hype again) we run through the Elite Playthrough with our Main-Characters, focused only on Mainstory and such(not exactly speedrun - but we didn't care about any sidethings) - and in that way, the World isn't as big as the first glance seems. Actually even small and you beat the Story really fast. However the Area itself are so goddamn big and filled with Content. Amazing!

So i have to disagree to this Topic. If you run through the Mainstory, you'll see how good they set the Rift-Gates.

Tags
maps, portals