Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > What Else Are You Playing?

Old 09-05-2017, 06:54 PM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabarto View Post
Oh, right, horrors. I don't know much at all about those but I have no recollection of Qian Ya being referred to as such.
Hmm, well I don't mind speculating till eternity's end . In your opinion which of the games did you enjoy the most? And who happens to be your favorite character?

--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Diablo II: RoT Mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Houck View Post
Nydiamar Mod
Old 09-05-2017, 07:53 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Hmm, well I don't mind speculating till eternity's end . In your opinion which of the games did you enjoy the most? And who happens to be your favorite character?
I liked Hong Kong the best, mostly for the improved cyberware options. That's one of the defining features of cyberpunk and we didn't see a lot of it in Dragonfall.

I also think Hong Kong had a much better cast all around, and while it's a tough call I think Racter is probably my favorite character in the series. You can tell right off the bat that he's not like the usual shadowrunner by how articulate, well mannered, and cultured he is. Then you dig a little deeper and the mad scientist vibes start to come out as he talks about transhumanism, culminating in his idea that sociopathy is the future of mankind.

And the best part is that for all his intellect and scientific knowledge, he's wrong. He's extrapolating his own experience on to humanity, and you can even call him out on it, but he brushes it off. He managed to be interesting, profoundly creepy, and flawed in his reasoning all at once. I love it.
Old 09-06-2017, 01:50 AM
Supporter

The only Shadowrun game I enjoyed was the one for SNES
Old 09-06-2017, 10:39 AM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabarto View Post
I liked Hong Kong the best, mostly for the improved cyberware options. That's one of the defining features of cyberpunk and we didn't see a lot of it in Dragonfall.

I also think Hong Kong had a much better cast all around, and while it's a tough call I think Racter is probably my favorite character in the series. You can tell right off the bat that he's not like the usual shadowrunner by how articulate, well mannered, and cultured he is. Then you dig a little deeper and the mad scientist vibes start to come out as he talks about transhumanism, culminating in his idea that sociopathy is the future of mankind.

And the best part is that for all his intellect and scientific knowledge, he's wrong. He's extrapolating his own experience on to humanity, and you can even call him out on it, but he brushes it off. He managed to be interesting, profoundly creepy, and flawed in his reasoning all at once. I love it.
I can understand SR:HK being a favorite for many, the game is more polished than previous ones in some aspects, and happens to be the bravest game for not having a single Dragon in it
I loved Racter, and yeah calling him out on his BS is funny. But i did enjoy listening to his perspective
He loses to Lofwyr for me, but Racter is a close second. Bringing him on missions can be very funny, almost as funny as bringing Gaichu. And watching NPCs react to a Ghoul and a Murder-Bot

I think HK is the first one where I never got a datajack and went pure mage since Isobel was very good at decking. And you always had the option to user your team decker in certain puzzles unlike the previous games where in some important places your team-decker couldn't be used so you had to have decent enough decking. I mean for fuck's sake my Dragonfall mage was a better decker than Blitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukkaReborn View Post
The only Shadowrun game I enjoyed was the one for SNES
Did you try the new ones?

--------
Quote:
Quote:
Nydiamar Mod

Last edited by Chthon; 09-06-2017 at 10:50 AM.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:10 PM
Apostle

Finished the game (Dragonfall) for a second time with 100% exploration with different choices

Final update on the thread to give a clear idea of what each game offers. It's the final time i'd update this thread, since I probably won't play Returns or Hong Kong anytime soon. Might do Dragonfall a third time though

--------
Quote:
Quote:
Nydiamar Mod

Last edited by Chthon; 09-22-2017 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:37 PM
Initiate

I have beaten Dragonfall. It's an okay game, but it's way too short, it desperately needs voice-acting (it has none), and a lot of the writing is just atrocious, i.e. a typical line is something like, "Can we skip the part where you are about to do something horrendous, and I have to stop you?"

I'm not sure why many people call this a great RPG. It's not bad, but it's not great either.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:18 AM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Red Dragon View Post
I have beaten Dragonfall. It's an okay game, but it's way too short, it desperately needs voice-acting (it has none), and a lot of the writing is just atrocious, i.e. a typical line is something like, "Can we skip the part where you are about to do something horrendous, and I have to stop you?"

I'm not sure why many people call this a great RPG. It's not bad, but it's not great either.
So I am guessing you were expecting more action in it?

--------
Quote:
Quote:
Nydiamar Mod
Old 10-22-2017, 08:37 AM
Praetorian

Still need to play Hong Kong.

The others finished them 3-4 times each. They're short enough to actually retry different options and check out different outcomes. Combat is quite challenging on harder difficulties as well. Great games all around.

https://www.twitch.tv/Giblix
Old 10-22-2017, 08:48 AM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibly View Post
Still need to play Hong Kong.

The others finished them 3-4 times each. They're short enough to actually retry different options and check out different outcomes. Combat is quite challenging on harder difficulties as well. Great games all around.
Opinions of Dragonfall. I read some long reviews by you here. Would be interested in your opinions

And yeah, I tried these during a period when gaming time was minimal so they fit perfectly

--------
Quote:
Quote:
Nydiamar Mod
Old 10-22-2017, 03:31 PM
Praetorian

I should really replay Berlin. I do remember fragments like the city hub. You got missions from there. Some parts left a strong imprint like the part with cult and then entering some demonic realm. Going through the facility to fight the dragon after she got seperated into a body and a spirit in another body.

Can't really give a full overview other then those fragments hehe.

https://www.twitch.tv/Giblix

Tags
shadowrun