Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Bug Reporting

Old 03-16-2018, 08:24 AM
Supporter

Default Dagallon's Faceguard skill modifier bug

The skill modifiers that Dagallon's Faceguard gives, won't be applied on skills. Both Mortal Traps and Deadly Aim; when I equip it, the skill description won't be effected. Also When I equip, whenever I have Deadly Aim activated, Attack Speed modifier on Deadly Aim won't provide any bonus. Could you please have a look at that?

Thanks.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:29 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermeSandals View Post
The skill modifiers that Dagallon's Faceguard gives, won't be applied on skills. Both Mortal Traps and Deadly Aim; when I equip it, the skill description won't be effected. Also When I equip, whenever I have Deadly Aim activated, Attack Speed modifier on Deadly Aim won't provide any bonus. Could you please have a look at that?

Thanks.
It's all intended. It affects the skills even if it does not say so when you hover over.

Check your attack speed when deadly aim procs. You will see an increase
Old 03-16-2018, 08:36 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluff View Post
It's all intended. It affects the skills even if it does not say so when you hover over.

Check your attack speed when deadly aim procs. You will see an increase
Superfluuf thank for the quick response. I have been using one of your builds, just a small customization by me .

I unequipped all my of "Kings" suffixed items so that my AS can be monitored well. But while I was checking (only Deadly Aim was activated), my AS jumped from 192 to 198. A "6" difference is there yet it has to be 8 according to description.

Do you have some insight about this problem?
Old 03-16-2018, 08:48 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermeSandals View Post
Do you have some insight about this problem?
No problem

Yes. It depends on the base attack speed on your weapon. There is an AS penalty for 2h Weapons because they are a bit slower by default or DW guns because it's designed that way
Old 03-16-2018, 09:09 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluff View Post
No problem

Yes. It depends on the base attack speed on your weapon. There is an AS penalty for 2h Weapons because they are a bit slower by default or DW guns because it's designed that way
Now that makes sense. Thanks for clarification!!!
Old 03-17-2018, 04:58 PM
Initiate

Hi, I have a similar issue and I would like to use this thread (instead of creating new one) to ask whether the same bug applies to kilrian's maces. They should add 20% weapon damage to firestrike, yet no tooltip confirms that when you hover over the skill. Is it the same case? i don't really know how to test this one

Thanks very much and sorry OP for derailing the conversation.
Old 03-17-2018, 05:02 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphicrates View Post
Hi, I have a similar issue and I would like to use this thread (instead of creating new one) to ask whether the same bug applies to kilrian's maces. They should add 20% weapon damage to firestrike, yet no tooltip confirms that when you hover over the skill. Is it the same case? i don't really know how to test this one

Thanks very much and sorry OP for derailing the conversation.
This is the same case - the tooltip doesn't update with new values for % weapon damage.

I've only ever seen it update for transmuters/skill modifiers that do 100% conversion that I can remember.