Old 08-23-2015, 01:28 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
Isn't the Shaman coming in B27? That alone is enough reason to come back and put some more time into Grim Dawn.
It was sarcasm.
Old 09-19-2015, 04:41 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flix View Post
Recently I've been enjoying Torchlight 2, Path of Exile, Diablo 3, Dungeon Siege 3, Van Helsing, and Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms. But mainly Grim Dawn, which eclipses all of them, even unfinished.

Some old favorites I continue to enjoy are Titan Quest, Sacred 1-2, Dungeon Siege 1-2. I found a recent mod that converts all the original Dungeon Siege maps into the Dungeon Siege II engine, so I really enjoyed playing through those old maps again with all the updates.

Likewise I found a mod that updates Diablo 1 for high resolutions (with zoom) as well as adding in several D2-like improvements such as skills.

I love the Divinity series (Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity, Divinity II), but I've played them all so much it was time to retire them. The latest entry (Divinity: Original Sin) was turn-based, which was too much of a stumbling block for me to enjoy it.
Thank you for posting that Diablo 1 mod. Just blew my mind all over the place and I spent two hours playing it without realizing two hours had gone by, the features are incredible. Talk about a fantastic, improved trip down Memory Lane.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:45 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flesh420 View Post
Thank you for posting that Diablo 1 mod. Just blew my mind all over the place and I spent two hours playing it without realizing two hours had gone by, the features are incredible. Talk about a fantastic, improved trip down Memory Lane.
It's a lot of fun isn't it? I played Diablo once back in 2002, and again as a nostalgia trip in 2010, and after that I thought I'd shelved it indefinitely. But this mod brought a whole new life to the game.
Old 09-22-2015, 03:22 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flix View Post
It's a lot of fun isn't it? I played Diablo once back in 2002, and again as a nostalgia trip in 2010, and after that I thought I'd shelved it indefinitely. But this mod brought a whole new life to the game.
It is. I've accidentally fallen addicted . I remember playing Diablo around release, and the craziness of PVPing someone for their ear.
I have a feeling if someone would create an open-source engine for Diablo 1 allot of people wouldn't play another ARPG for a long while.

I've always wanted to see the spell system recreated. Finding spell books made things diverse.

Hell, for years a buddy and I have been waiting for a hassle free mod or project to allow us to play COOP on modern systems, but nothing finished or reliable has been created, unfortunately. Looks like the MP branch of that mod is currently suspended, too.

Last edited by Flesh420; 09-22-2015 at 03:35 PM.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:00 PM
Speaker

necropost...hellgate london?

and more recent vikings wolves of midgard, victor vran, fat princess
Old 07-14-2017, 03:49 AM
Supporter

another old school one was Gorasul.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:46 AM
Initiate

An old game I loved was "Champions Return to Arms" on playstation 2.

Please, does anyone know this game?
Old 07-17-2017, 10:21 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnid View Post
An old game I loved was "Champions Return to Arms" on playstation 2.

Please, does anyone know this game?
Ah, yes, I recall this game, and I believe it was the 2nd in a series...I am pretty sure I have them both in my games cupboard. Everquest-themed hack-n-slash. I also liked the 2 Baldur's Gate games for the PS2.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:58 AM
Initiate

Yeah. There are Champions of Norrath and Champions return to arms. I never tried the Baldurs but I saw there is a phone version.

Perhaps I'll try soon !
Old 07-20-2017, 10:52 PM
Counsel

Was Diablo the first arpg? If not what was before?