Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > Rants

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 11-16-2017, 07:35 PM
Praetorian

Default The Vent/Help Thread

Figured I would make a thread, where everyone can just vent to release emotions in one place. A place to tell about your daily frustrations whether they would be big or small deal. It may look strange at first, but there are often times where you need to get something off your chest really quick. You may even meet someone who had or is having same problems as you do and you can help one another.

Feel free to express what is bothering you.

My vent of the day: Today had war at work with a boss (lately everyone around me is picky and likes to point their old crooked fingers, because obviously their shit doesn't stink and everyone is infalliable). I do everything right since 3 years and it gets unnoticed, one small mistake and hell breaks loose. It will be impossible to stomach tomorrow I reckon. My patience ran out today completely, and my head still spins and hurts when writing this. That's enough rowdiness for one day.
Old 11-16-2017, 08:15 PM
Banned User

General vent thread? K.

Sick and tired of stupid people in a big fat hurry who cut in front of the bus' turn at intersections by crowding it so that the bus can't make the turn without them getting out of the way. Pretty sure that's illegal, too.
Old 11-25-2017, 10:15 AM
Emissary

When you are passing an idiot that is speeding up and slowing down and as soon as you break past the front end of his/her vehicle they stomp on their accelerator to not be out done by your cruise control, but instead of comfortably pulling ahead they just start dicking around again, jamming up both lanes with the expectation that you should get behind them and play musical accelerator because apparently they have a barely functioning brain.

Every. Other. Driver.

#skynetnow

The Fermi Paradox is God nerfing Civilization: Reality Edition.
Old 11-26-2017, 03:11 AM
Banned User

Dear parents: Quit parking your kid in the toy section and wandering off to somewhere else in the store. I'm not a babysitter, they don't pay me enough to monitor your crotchgoblins, I have other things I REALLY need to do and I don't like kids. If you think it's really worth risking a Code Adam aka "Oh Shit Where's My Kid" then you are an unfit parent.
Old 11-26-2017, 04:24 AM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
Dear parents: Quit parking your kid in the toy section and wandering off to somewhere else in the store. I'm not a babysitter, they don't pay me enough to monitor your crotchgoblins, I have other things I REALLY need to do and I don't like kids. If you think it's really worth risking a Code Adam aka "Oh Shit Where's My Kid" then you are an unfit parent.
If you're a retail worker, you don't have to watch the kids. Just let them amuse themselves and ignore them. My brother and I used to bee-line straight for the toy section because we hated how our mom shopped (every single goddamn isle and took about ten minutes per isle).

As for the child abduction, it was the same back then when I was a kid as it is now. The only difference is with the introduction and wide-spread use of the internet, you see more abductions on the news so it seems like it happens a lot more. Statistically speaking, abductions have gone down since the late 80s/early 90s.
Old 11-26-2017, 04:27 AM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stg View Post
If you're a retail worker, you don't have to watch the kids. Just let them amuse themselves and ignore them. My brother and I used to bee-line straight for the toy section because we hated how our mom shopped (every single goddamn isle and took about ten minutes per isle).

As for the child abduction, it was the same back then when I was a kid as it is now. The only difference is with the introduction and wide-spread use of the internet, you see more abductions on the news so it seems like it happens a lot more. Statistically speaking, abductions have gone down since the late 80s/early 90s.
That's... a mild relief, I guess. Code Adams (and all the steps that lead up to that) are still really annoying because even if you're on break you get called back to the floor to help find little Bobby. Also, customers get pissy because no one can leave the store.

Last edited by Tycho; 11-26-2017 at 04:39 AM.
Old 11-26-2017, 06:42 AM
Herald

Quote:
That's... a mild relief, I guess. Code Adams (and all the steps that lead up to that) are still really annoying because even if you're on break you get called back to the floor to help find little Bobby. Also, customers get pissy because no one can leave the store.
They close down the store? Where I live, nobody really cares. I've seen parents look around for their kid, page them over the intercom, then just leave and tell the employees they will be back later for them. Guess it just depends on the area you live in.
Old 11-26-2017, 06:51 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stg View Post
They close down the store? Where I live, nobody really cares. I've seen parents look around for their kid, page them over the intercom, then just leave and tell the employees they will be back later for them. Guess it just depends on the area you live in.
They've done it, yeah. They're pretty serious about this kind of thing.

On a completely unrelated note: On a crowded bus if you're taking up two seats without a really good reason you're a jackass. I'm talking to you, lady who thinks it's ok to lie across two seats and fiddle on her phone, pretending to ignore the guy forced to stand for his entire ride home. Fuck you in particular.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:52 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
They've done it, yeah. They're pretty serious about this kind of thing.

On a completely unrelated note: On a crowded bus if you're taking up two seats without a really good reason you're a jackass. I'm talking to you, lady who thinks it's ok to lie across two seats and fiddle on her phone, pretending to ignore the guy forced to stand for his entire ride home. Fuck you in particular.
I just move to sit on the seat they're unfairly claiming. Worked brilliantly when I used to bus, but since I bike these days it's not something I usually have to deal with.

And speaking of biking - f*ck drivers who can't stay in their f*cking lane, because I do not f*cking like it the slightest when I have a car come within 10cm of clipping me. And this includes even when there's no fluffing bikes using the bike lane, because if you can't do it when you're awake, how the f*ck can I or any other cyclist trust you to do so when you're tired? Also, drivers of rigged and trailer trucks don't have an issue and yet these wankers in hatchbacks etc fuck it constantly.

Though it's also a road layout issue, due to the Christchurch City Council being anal about widening a certain road that's needed a median strip all the way along it for well over a f*cking decade ever since traffic levels went stupid on it. As the urban section has a lot of frequently used turns offs to side streets and shops, leading to "fun" as there's no space for cars turning right to sit safely out of the traffic flow.

Then again, that's the standard state of much of Christchurch's roading infrastructure, because a lot of the bottlenecks are either crippled by NIMBY-ism (hello Papanui Road, too many rich wankers who don't realise it's a major arterial route), lack of funding or earthquake repairs holding everything up. As either the sub-contractors take forever to do anything or more regularly have to come back to fix the botch job they did in the first place and take forever again.

And I'm not even going to get started on the lack of bike lanes on certain core arterial roads or idiot shop owners whining about loosing road side car park spaces on major roads without space otherwise to be widened.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:30 AM
Banned User

Oh, hey, cool. My insurance is going to try and make me eat a 1300 dollar bill. This your way of telling me a handgun and a single bullet is cheaper than medical attention, fuckheads? Don't give me too many ideas, they don't sell single bullets after all. Assholes.
Closed Thread