Old 08-09-2016, 08:45 PM
Advocate

Post New Mastery: Demon Hunter (D3) UPDATE 3!

The reworked Demon Hunter and other 5 classes are available on this new thread here

Old thread's description:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Grimer; 07-03-2018 at 04:08 AM.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:52 PM
Herald

wow that is not a necromancer

i mean. that is incredible. you really put alot of effort into making it "it's own thing" . great work !
and forgive those, who try to scam against us
and lead us not into low entropy, but deliver us to loot
for thine is the random, the grind, and the rare spawns forever
Watch me mod/test/play: https://www.twitch.tv/davoodinator
Old 08-09-2016, 09:28 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davood View Post
wow that is not a necromancer
A win in my book. Sold!
Old 08-10-2016, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator

The description on Shadow Bolts suggests it requires DW-ranged, but it also enables DW-ranged. I put 1 pt in SB but 0 in Gunslinger and was able to equip 2 pistols.

Just getting started with this mod, so feedback is limited, but looks very promising. Would love to see a Grimmest merge with this, if you are willing. Have you tried it? Can a solo mastery Demon Hunter keep up with the mobs?
Last edited by jiaco; Tomorrow at 11:34 PM.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:10 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiaco View Post
The description on Shadow Bolts suggests it requires DW-ranged, but it also enables DW-ranged. I put 1 pt in SB but 0 in Gunslinger and was able to equip 2 pistols.

Just getting started with this mod, so feedback is limited, but looks very promising. Would love to see a Grimmest merge with this, if you are willing. Have you tried it? Can a solo mastery Demon Hunter keep up with the mobs?
Wow, I didn't realize that, but I think it's not a big deal, since the Gunslinger Passive also gives bonus damage, it continues being useful. I only played it until level 10, but I guess skills like Awareness, Leech and Shadow Power give good sustain for this class. I'll make some updates in a few weeks. Thanks for the feedback!
Old 08-11-2016, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

Was a little surprised to see that Elemental Strike is also LMB skill. There are at least 3 in the mastery. But I have unlocked the first modifier on Shadow Bolts and am now ripping through the content. A lot of fun. Cannot wait till Falcon Swoop is attached to this. You have me torn between staying solo DH, adding NB for more cold, or starting another DH with a different LMB skill, which is a good thing.

Death Star should read: "that explodes when hitting" or "that explodes when it hits".

The tier 5 skill at the bottom, I am using a bit like Pneumatic Burst for the heal, it would be nice if higher levels of the skill either reduced the cooldown or extended the duration. (If it does this already, ignore this comment as I have not leveled it much trying to push for that Multi-shot).
Old 08-11-2016, 01:56 PM
Advocate

Default OP Strike

Quote:
Was a little surprised to see that Elemental Strike is also LMB skill. There are at least 3 in the mastery. But I have unlocked the first modifier on Shadow Bolts and am now ripping through the content. A lot of fun. Cannot wait till Falcon Swoop is attached to this. You have me torn between staying solo DH, adding NB for more cold, or starting another DH with a different LMB skill, which is a good thing.

Death Star should read: "that explodes when hitting" or "that explodes when it hits".

The tier 5 skill at the bottom, I am using a bit like Pneumatic Burst for the heal, it would be nice if higher levels of the skill either reduced the cooldown or extended the duration. (If it does this already, ignore this comment as I have not leveled it much trying to push for that Multi-shot).
Yes, there are 3 LMB skills to choose. I think Elemental Strike is more OP than the others. That's why it has a higher energy cost. I prefer not to change the Shadow Power's cooldown/duration because of the big healing and LS it provides, but maybe i'll update some things on it.

Note: About the Shadow Bolts issue, I didn't know that making a skill exclusive for DW-Ranged, automatically enables the ability to DW-Ranged. So I'll have to change the Gunslinger description, maybe even the name. Hungering Shot actually has no requirement. I'm going to fix it too.

Thanks for the tips!
Old 08-11-2016, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

Multistrike is the most OP skill I have ever seen. Very nice and great fun, but facetanked Gutworm at level 15, ran all of DS (including Salazaar) at level 14. The Warden went down almost instantly and now Cronley has too, everything just melts.

Either the damage reductions are not working or they are not harsh enough. But the skill feels like a tier 40/50 skill.

thanks for this mod, I just took a break from GD and now this has me back in again, and it is great.
Old 08-11-2016, 02:34 PM
Advocate

Default Multikiller

Quote:
Either the damage reductions are not working or they are not harsh enough. But the skill feels like a tier 40/50 skill.
I've noticed it. When you shoot too close to an enemy, the 5 projectiles strike him at the same time, dealing too much damage. I'll have to decrease even more the damage or reduce the number of projectiles.
Old 08-11-2016, 03:24 PM
Herald

Hello Grimer,

Very nice idea and very nice mod!

But a request: Can you please rename the text file "Class07Tags.txt" into "ClassDemonHunterTags" or so!

It would be easier for us to play with Community Translations.

And for translation.

Overview of the German translation // Übersicht zur Deutsch-Übersetzung
» http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showpost.php?p=128756&postcount=4 «
Titan Quest Source - German Forum Grim Dawn
» http://titanquest.4fansites.de/forum/index.php?c=8 «

Tags
demon hunter, mastery, new class, new skills