Old 12-04-2016, 07:19 PM
Minister of Information

Default Off topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
What WOULD you call it? Post-apoc quasi-Gothic grimdark powderpunk?
Not sure there is a label for GD's setting ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
Ah yeah, I use "Victorian" loosely as a term to help convey the look of the game since I think many people are familiar with it and it instantly conjures up certain imagery. However, we're drawing from a larger expanse of history as inspiration for our world. Really I guess you could say we're borrowing ideas and imagery from a range more like 1650ish-1920ish. Some aspects of human culture and technology on Cairn are more primitive than the Victorian period on Earth, some aspects are a little more advanced. So it is sort a mishmash of Colonial New England to WW1 era culture / technology / architecture / clothing.
Quote:
We don't really think steam-punk fits our current vision for the world though so you won't see any steampunk mechs or robots or anything of that sort. I feel like steampunk is something you have to go all or nothing on and it would seem very out of place in Grim Dawn, despite being set in a time period similar to most steampunk style games / movies.
Quote:
We want to keep the world gritty, brutal, and somewhat primal despite taking place in a more advanced time period.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:04 PM
Acolyte

I've thought about this a bit after reading the OP and I think there's a way Crate could show some love to single class builds without hurting dual class builds.

Basically all they need to do is add additional optional mastery points to each class once its filled. So if you get to level 50 in a single mastery you can choose to add additional mastery points but only if you are not dual classing. Call it overloading if you will.

Of course it would be the same as just dumping points in a second mastery but for role playing or whatever other purposes it might help.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:58 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akanaro View Post
I've thought about this a bit after reading the OP and I think there's a way Crate could show some love to single class builds without hurting dual class builds.

Basically all they need to do is add additional optional mastery points to each class once its filled. So if you get to level 50 in a single mastery you can choose to add additional mastery points but only if you are not dual classing. Call it overloading if you will.

Of course it would be the same as just dumping points in a second mastery but for role playing or whatever other purposes it might help.
Indeed, this'd work quite nicely.
Closed Thread

Tags
discussion, mastery