#1  
Old 10-17-2017, 04:01 AM
Ceno's Avatar
Ceno Ceno is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 9,594
Default Theorycrafting Dump

I have too many tabs of builds open that I'm never going to get to, meaning I'm never going to be able to make an actual build post for them. So I figure I can do the next best thing: dump them all in a thread, explain the 'theory' behind them, and let people run off with them as their own.

So, if you see something you like, feel free to use it, though I don't have much guidance to offer if you do. Alternatively, if you're also hoarding tons of builds that you think you'll never get to, feel free to dump them here.

Here we go.

Vitality Decay Somethingorother: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/JVlqYPjZ
Spoiler!


The 'Passive' Cabalist: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/w26Mw0pN
Spoiler!


Wannabe-Devastation Trozan's Sky Shards: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2ByOpzN
Spoiler!


Octavius.png: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2d15Y8V
Spoiler!


The Markovian of Old: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNY09BZ6
Spoiler!


Warborn Commando > Markovian...still: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/YZeLxpV8
Spoiler!


Chaos Support Doesn't Exist - The Build: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/lNkrAQZJ
Spoiler!


The Suppressor - 200% Crit Damage Primal Strike: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/4ZDxYQZ7
Spoiler!


You Can't Hit Me! - Cabalist: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2mQXo2j
Spoiler!


Valdun's Slaughterer - Tactician: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/nZoXDbBN
Spoiler!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-17-2017, 04:02 AM
Ceno's Avatar
Ceno Ceno is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 9,594
Default

Vitality Pyromancer: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/4VxxjpV5
Spoiler!


Vitality...Witchblade!: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/nZoXD7kN
Spoiler!


The Affix-less Doom Bolter: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/mN4DWMmN
Spoiler!

Last edited by Ceno; 10-17-2017 at 04:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-17-2017, 04:13 AM
actuanpanda's Avatar
actuanpanda actuanpanda is offline
Campaigner
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 772
Default

Can you explain the OA/DA reduction stacking stuff, I remember last time I checked only the biggest source counts
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-17-2017, 04:20 AM
Ceno's Avatar
Ceno Ceno is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 9,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by actuanpanda View Post
Can you explain the OA/DA reduction stacking stuff, I remember last time I checked only the biggest source counts
-OA stacks.

N Reduced Target's OA only chooses the highest value.

It's very similar to Resist Reduction.

The three OA reductions listed are all of the -OA variety.



Edited the reserved post with more builds.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-17-2017, 04:46 AM
Evok Evok is offline
Counsel
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 302
Default

Great thread thx guys! Love this community!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-17-2017, 04:49 AM
Sothpa Sothpa is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 115
Default

I have a few questions regarding the Octavius build.

Can you explain Conviction instead of Bulwark for the exclusive skill? I noticed that the Octavius gear has +3 Conviction, but wouldn't Bulwark make more sense?

What is the gameplay like? Do you mainly wait for Forcewave to come off cooldown as your only attack?

Would I be better off just focusing skill points on Blitz or Cadence until I obtain some good Forcewave gear, or is FW also good without all the crazy + skills from the set?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-17-2017, 05:01 AM
Ceno's Avatar
Ceno Ceno is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 9,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sothpa View Post
Can you explain Conviction instead of Bulwark for the exclusive skill? I noticed that the Octavius gear has +3 Conviction, but wouldn't Bulwark make more sense?
Conviction offers more (much needed) OA as well as Physical Resist to help with Internal Trauma being reflected onto the build from Reflect mobs/heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sothpa View Post
What is the gameplay like? Do you mainly wait for Forcewave to come off cooldown as your only attack?
Yeah, pretty much. You'll keep a good chunk of mobs permastunned and can otherwise keep up 100% uptime on your Internal Trauma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sothpa View Post
Would I be better off just focusing skill points on Blitz or Cadence until I obtain some good Forcewave gear, or is FW also good without all the crazy + skills from the set?
Personally, I think FW can carry you through Elite difficulty on its own. It's a fantastic leveling skill. Without gear support, though, it'll be pretty weak in Ultimate, so if you have gear support for other skills but not the Octavius set, go that route instead.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-17-2017, 05:05 AM
Goober Goober is offline
Counsel
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 276
Default

Glad you were able to make something from the Octavius set. I tried my hand at it, thought I could tank any un-stunned mobs with high DA and got wasted in 2 seconds in Bastion of Chaos lol.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-17-2017, 05:06 AM
Autentist's Avatar
Autentist Autentist is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceno View Post
Conviction offers more (much needed) OA as well as Physical Resist to help with Internal Trauma being reflected onto the build from Reflect mobs/heroes.
Only if you don't find another suitable sources for reduction, though... that physical resistance sure is nice, however.

Is Boar really that much better in terms of Trauma than Bull?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober View Post
Glad you were able to make something from the Octavius set. I tried my hand at it, thought I could tank any un-stunned mobs with high DA and got wasted in 2 seconds in Bastion of Chaos lol.
Well, you clearly did something wrong, sorry.
__________________
A Taste of Things to come soon...

Cadence falls on the skull,
It cracks with a thunderous roar,
A Raging Beast in pain.
It screams, it tears the flesh, it crushes the bones...
With the Force of a thousand Bulls,
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-17-2017, 05:14 AM
Ceno's Avatar
Ceno Ceno is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 9,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autentist View Post
Is Boar really that much better in terms of Trauma than Bull?
Honestly? I don't know. I just never freaking use Boar and wanted to work it into a build. I don't even know what the proc looks like.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ashes of malmouth, expansion, theorycrafting

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2018 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.