Old 11-27-2013, 03:33 AM
Counsel

Default Build Compendium

[SIZE="6"]
Because I am lazy scum who never updates this, Here is a link to the Build Compendium II that is more likely to be updated.

I'd like to have a collection of Builds for people in one post. Builds that work well. Something stickied so when people open up the Classes and Skills section, there's a post right at the top that has everything they need in a nice, orderly list.

Thought I'd mention that I got the idea for this from the Almost Full Builds Compendium from titanquest.net .

So, anyone who has good builds post them here, with a link to either a GrimCalc or a thread. It would be a good idea to give advice on Equipment, point allocation, etc.

Alright, Got around to updating this a bit, though I'm gonna have to make some rules to make this all easier for me.

Rule's for Posting Build's:
  • Make you post neat and readable so I and others who look here can see it fine
  • Make sure you have a GrimCalc link to your build
  • Giving the build a name is nice and helps differentiate from other builds a bit
  • The use of color's will help me notice the build you want added as I scroll through, but don't go crazy with it.
  • Try to skim through other builds in the list first before posting yours, in case you have something that's exactly alike, or extremely similar to a build already there.
  • You need to give a description of the build, and how it works. Doesn't have to be long, but I wanna see how to use the skills, and how to play the build
  • Give a short description of what kind of equipment is needed for this build
  • If the build was originally created by someone else, please try to credit them.
  • Testing the build up to max level before posting is highly suggested
  • Tips and suggestions for how to make the build as you level up are also needed.
  • When you post a Grimcalc build, please post at least one link WITHOUT the skill+s from items, just the base skills themselves. If you wish to post a second link with the class having all the +s from items, then go ahead, as long as there is one with base skills.

Arcanist was released! Huzzah! Now, I've reset the list since there's been a lot of changes since I first started the Act 2 list, and not all the builds work anymore. So, If there are any builds from the previous list that still work, please let me know and I'll repost them back onto this list here!

Act 2/Level 35 Builds:

Soldier:

Demolitionist:

Occultist:

Nightblade:

Arcanist:

Blademaster:

Witchblade:

Commando:

Saboteur:

Pyromancer:

Witch Hunter:

Battlemage:

Sorcerer/Sorceress:

Warlock:

Spellbreaker:

Multiplayer Builds:

Soldier:

Demolitionist:

Occultist:
Mirenheart's "Blood of Friendship" (Could also be a pyromancer/witchunter)

Nightblade:

Arcanist:

Blademaster:

Witchblade:

Commando:

Saboteur:

Pyromancer:

Witch Hunter:

Battlemage:

Sorcerer/Sorceress:

Warlock:

Spellbreaker:

Link to list of Pre-Arcanist Builds

Old Act 1 Level 25 Builds

Last edited by Mirenheart; 12-02-2014 at 11:32 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:11 AM
Emissary

I'd love to include my Soldier build, complete with Youtube video

Please click here

Great idea, by the way!

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/klo0ga
Old 11-27-2013, 01:42 PM
Herald

Just finished a play through starting completely from scratch. Took 3hr 25min, completed every quest and found all the one-shot chests except the ones in HH and DS. Figured i'd share my build because it went so smoothly. Pretty good beginner build i'd say.

Level 17 when i killed the warden.

Level 25 planned.

As far as gear goes, i got a little lucky with the weapon, but the rest is all crap...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Soldier.jpg (165.7 KB, 11808 views)
Old 11-28-2013, 06:01 PM
Acolyte

Title: Occultist Chaos Warrior

Summary:

A pure occultist build that combines the raw chaos damage of a glass-cannon with melee strength. It is strong versus bosses and single targets; being less effective against large mobs.

Skills, Stats and Items:

The three skills incorporated (in the current alpha level 25 cap) include Hellhound, Doom Bolt and Possession. Hellhound acts as a meat shield to allow for your Doom Bolt cool down to pass smoothly, while possession greatly increases both your chaos and physical damage. Not only does this reduce the duration of boss fights, but Possession is necessary because the survivability it provides when overwhelmed by a large mob is vital.

All of the stats are put into spirit to allow for constant Hellhound revival, and Doom Bolt usage. Due to this it is important to use items or sets that increase physique either by points (+10) or more importantly by percentage (+8%). Items such as the Zealots Gauntlets or Guardsmen Set work very well. Since all of your skills are focused on damage output, and all of the stats on spirit, the character may be left with 1400 or 1500hp. However by utilizing items and sets that increase physique, both the armor and hp attains a level that will allow you to survive quite easily while still maintaining the large magic damage you expect from being an occultist.

I attained over 1850hp, over 10hp regeneration per second and over 500 armor with simple +physique items. Alongside a melee weapon of your choice, (Anarchy, etc...) you will be able to run up to an enemy in a state of Possession and physically destroy them without the fear of being instantly killed. You will also be able to run around mobs like a glass-cannon throwing 3000+ magic damage at anyone you choose.

Disclaimer: This build requires you to spend all of your skill points on the occultist mastery in the beggining or spend iron on a re-spec at a later level. Furthermore the amount of points placed into Possession and Hellhound can easily be interchangeable based on personal preference, but Doom Bolt must be maxed as soon as possible, being the core of the strategy. Most importantly, this build requires some strategic effort, because it needs the specific allocation of skills, stats and items.

http://grimcalc.com/GrimCalc?mastery...0-0-0-0-0&m2=0

Pet friendly variation

http://grimcalc.com/GrimCalc?mastery...1-0-0-0-0&m2=0
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Occultist Chaos Warrior.jpg (22.8 KB, 1814 views)

Last edited by DrimGawn; 12-01-2013 at 10:15 PM. Reason: add picture
Old 11-28-2013, 08:41 PM
Praetorian

-Regarding stat point allocation-
I tend to go full cunning with characters who primarily use basic attacks, and full spirit for casters. If physique receives a buff in the future, I might consider creating a full physique character for the sake of having the highest HP value possible (breaking 10k HP is fun).

-My Builds-

Blademaster: Battlefield Badass - the point of this build is to never give a foe the chance to strike back - but if they do, punish them for their mistake.
  • Utilizes the Nightblade's weapon pool skills effectively; Whirling Death and Belgothian's shears fell hordes of enemies quickly, and Amarasta's Quick Cut slices lone targets to ribbons.
  • Shadow Strike for closing distance and escaping.
  • Pneumatic Burst heals and grants additional damage - especially useful if Amarasta's Quick Cut is used afterwards.
  • Military Conditioning increases maximum health, boosting survivability and the effectiveness of Pneumatic Burst's heal.
  • Fighting Spirit is a great passive even with one point, boosting survivability and damage if activated.
- Recommended Weapons: Dual melee weapons that grant attack speed, such as Hound's Bite or Gorefeast.
- A level 50 version of this build might look something like this.

Witchblade: Chaotic Swordsman - Rush in and hack away. This character strikes a balance between offense and defense, with emphasis on the former.
  • Solael's Witchfire adds heaps of damage to basic attacks, which is the core of this build. Equipping items that boost chaos damage will make this stronger (i.e. Madness, Anarchy).
  • Utilizes the Solder's two weapon pool skills for extra damage and AoE.
  • Military Conditioning and Menhir's Will greatly increase survivability.
  • Blitz for closing distance and knocking down mobs when surrounded.
  • Fighting Spirit, because who doesn't enjoy some extra damage and defense?
  • Overguard and Veterancy improve Shield effectiveness (+survivability). For this build, I chose to level Military Conditioning to maximum instead of Veterancy because I like having a ton of health. You can divide the points between these two skills differently, however.
- Recommended Weapon: Any melee weapon that grants chaos damage (Madness, Anarchy).

Commando: Fervent Fighter - Offensive character that focuses on fire and physical damage.
  • Fire Strike and Explosive Strike boost fire and physical damage.
  • Vindictive Flame adds a variety of great bonuses.
  • Zolhan's Technique allows multiple foes to be reduced to ash simultaneously.
  • Blitz for closing distance and knocking down foes when surrounded.
  • Fighting Spirit, because damage and defense is what all of the cool kids are doing these days.
  • Military Conditioning and Menhir's Will for survivability.
- Recommended Weapon: Anything that grants fire damage, preferably melee.

Pyromancer: Chemical Burner - In my opinion, the best hybrid caster build currently available to us. Heavy focus on dealing damage in a large radius, with a pet for tanking purposes.
  • Blackwater Cocktail - Large radius at maximum level, high fire damage. Great for both groups and single targets.
  • Dreeg's Evil Eye - Large radius with Blood Burst at maximum level, high acid damage. Consider this an alternative to BWC when facing fire-resistant foes.
  • Hellhound - Tanking potential. Deals a fair amount of AoE damage with Ember Claw.
- Recommended Weapon: Anything that grants acid/burn damage and/or +skills for Demolitionist or Occultist (Blackwood Wand, Leander Greene's Hand Cannon, Molten Walkers)

Last edited by Xeilua; 02-26-2014 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:51 PM
Counsel

Updated!

Could still use a few builds for a pure Demolitionist, pure Nightblade, and a
Saboteur.

Also, thank you very much for all the builds Xeilua!
Old 11-28-2013, 09:53 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirenheart View Post
Updated!

Could still use a few builds for a pure Demolitionist, pure Nightblade, and a
Saboteur.

Also, thank you very much for all the builds Xeilua!
No problemo.

I'll add more when I can. Edit: ...and from now on I'll make one post per build so they'll be easier to find/link to.

Last edited by Xeilua; 11-28-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old 11-28-2013, 10:26 PM
Praetorian

Witch Hunter: Malevolent Marksman - A modified build based on the one posted by Nazruk in this thread. The idea behind this build is to assault foes from a distance with chaos-infused bullets/bolts and the occasional fan of knives.
  • Solael's Witchfire adds gratuitous amounts of chaos damage to basic attacks and Phantasmal Blades.
  • Phantasmal Blades is the core skill for this build. Its Heartseeker modifier grants a high chance to hit multiple targets, decent healing power, and a strong bleed DoT. Nether Edge maxed (10/12 is the closest I could get) adds chaos damage, which is further increased by Solael's Witchfire. It also increases the bleeding damage inflicted by Heartseeker.
  • One point in Anatomy of Murder improves cunning and bleeding damage inflicted by Heartseeker. This point can be made more useful with a Frizzick's Utility Pack equipped (epic belt, +1 to all skills).

- Recommended Weapon: Pistol/Rifle/Crossbow
- A Level 50 version of this build might look something like this.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:03 AM
Praetorian

Saboteur: Blazing Butcher - A modified build based on the one posted by Kelderek in this thread. The idea behind this build is to swiftly tear a path of fervid destruction across the battlefield, utilizing swift sword techniques in combination with pyromancy.
  • Fire Strike with its Explosive Strike modifier maxed out greatly improves physical damage and adds a burn effect.
  • Whirling Death strikes surrounding foes with the extra damage granted by Fire Strike and its modifiers.
  • Vindictive Flame provides some extra damage and crowd control.
  • Pneumatic Burst for its healing factor.
  • One point each into Belgothian's Shears, Amarasta's Quick Cut, and Anatomy of Murder for a little extra damage potential. Equipping a Frizzick's Utility Pack (+1 to all skills) will stretch the effectiveness of these skills.
- Recommended Weapon: Any melee weapons that increase fire/burn damage.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:32 AM
Advocate

Default Witch Hunter Build: Dark Assassin

"Another person's blade may cut and make you bleed blood; my blade is different. I will bleed your very soul!"

The Dark Assassin is based on creating a character that is built to take on boss monsters quickly and efficiently. Since boss monsters have massive amounts of hit points, you don't want to do damage as others may do, which requires a constant investiture in a specific stat for the % modifier to damage (cunning for physical and pierce or spirit for magical damage). Instead a focused Witch Hunter can do what a melee Diviner in TQIT could do. Break vitality resistance and do %vitality damage. If you can break a boss monster's inherent vitality resistance, each hit should do %reduction to life and boss monsters will drop in a handful of swings.

The Dark Assassin is currently my favorite character in GrimDawn and play exactly the way I like to play- She's fast and hits hard, but doesn't have much in the way of defense. She's designed to take out high damage targets quickly, while trying to avoid groups of targets which can quickly overwhelm her. She's all offense and is counting on dropping monsters quickly so she doesn't need any defense.

You'll start out in nightblade and play mostly as a dual wielding blade character until you max out the nightblade mastery tree. As you approach Execution (level 50 dual wield ability), you then switch over to occultist and will invest in curse of frailty and its vulnerability upgrade to become a true boss killer. Most of the emphasis is on single point attacks, with AOE and group mitigation, coming from a bare investment in the nightblade group target skills (like whirling death and ring of steal). You'll also have a ton of fun with the Depraved Sanctuary and Act 2 bandits since you will try and maximize anatomy of murder as quickly as possible.

As a physical damage oriented character the majority of points go into cunning to create a heavy offense (which also means that small point investitures in nightblade skills are still potent). You're aiming for constant high level crits.

Stat Allocation:

All (or a majority of) points into cunning. If you need to wear a piece of equipment, don't hesitate to bump your physique or spirit to do so. But, in general, you're not wearing your equipment for armor, you're wearing your equipment for their affixes. The reason for maxing cunning is that the build requires many levels before you actually get the requisite skill to make this class work (Execution). To get there you need to deliver some form of damage and physical/pierce is the best choice. Also, a high cunning is required to wield blades which swing fast and it'll help you crit more often. All of this is still very important for the Dark Assassin.

Skill Allocation:

The Dark Assassin has two skills that allow you to do %damage to any target- Execution and the Vulnerability upgrade to Curse of Frailty. Until you can get Execution (which I estimate is level 30), you'll want to mainly raise the nightblade skills. Here is another reason cunning works so well for this build. You will only invest the minimum in most skills to unlock the ability and won't have spare points to raise any of them past the 1-3 level. But all of your skills work with your weapon or do a % of your weapon damage and piercing. The constant increase in your cunning (and the higher crit chance) will compensate for the mediocre investment in the skills themselves. The only exception is Anatomy of Murder (% increase in cunning); always dump at least a point when leveling into Anatomy of Murder even if it slows you down to when you can get Execution. When you do get Execution, go straight for Vulnerability and max both of them.

The Build at Level 25:
http://grimcalc.com/GrimCalc?mastery...-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

We don't have Execution yet, but you'll survive. By level 30 t0 32 we'll be able to get it.

This is the Build at Level 50:
http://grimcalc.com/GrimCalc?mastery...-1-8-0-0-0-0-0

Item Affixes:

Since a maxed Execution and Vulnerability don't totally break vitality resistance you need to focus mostly on these affixes for late game capability. Item Affixes are broken down into 4 Tiers based on their importance for the Dark Assassin. Tier 1 and 2 are the affixes you seriously seriously want. Even if you have to trade a great item for a decent one with these affixes, trade. Tier 3 is your constant bread and butter build affixes. You'll want these for overall survival and non boss encounters. Tier 4 affixes can help, but aren't necessary. You have other ways of compensating for them.

The majority of your initial affixes will come from Tiers 3 and 4. Over time (and levels) you'll try your best to move to Tier 1 and 2 affixes.

Tier 1 Affixes:
%Reduction to Enemy's Health (our %vitality damage affix)
-X Reduction in Resistances for 5 seconds (our vitality resistance breaker affix)

Since you don't totally break vitality resistance with Execution and Vulnerability alone (you'll need bonus levels in Vulnerability to do that), you need to get more of these two affixes whenever you can.

Tier 2 Affixes:
%Attack Speed (all of our attacks go of an attack and have a % chance of activating; you want to swing as fast as possible)
%Movement Speed (we're vulnerable to constant high sources of damage; we need to move quickly into and out of combat)
+to Occultist/Nightblade/All skills

Tier 3 Affixes:
% or + increase to Cunning
% or + increase to Vitality Damage
% or + increase to Physical/Piercing Damage (and their DOTs - internal trauma and bleeding)
% Attack Damage converted to Hit Points (I believe this is a vitality attack)

Tier 4 Affixes:
+ to all Resistances
% or + to Physique and/or Defensive Ability
% or - reduction to opponents Offensive Ability
% or - reduction to Physical and or Piercing Resistance

And that's it. Remember the Dark Assassin is designed to break vitality resistance on a single target and then deliver % damage every hit. If you can get this combo going, you'll be able to drop bosses very quickly no matter their level.

Dejnov

Last edited by Dejnov; 11-30-2013 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Updated and Expanded the Build
Closed Thread

Tags
build, build compendium