Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Developer Section > Development Updates

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 07-15-2017, 05:15 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
...not really, none of these proc's are anything new, we know what damage it does and how it applies that damage (flat damage in a 14 yard line from where the patch got laid down). TO ME Arcane Current looks a little boring and doesn't fill a niche I see that needs filling, Aether builds will use Bomb and Elemental builds will use Ele Storm because both have RR and similar damage. This is more of a problem of RR and how hard it is to get and how low raw damage the Devotion proc's are relative to your build's output, so you're almost always better off using your devotion ability for some kind of RR.
Depends on where it lands in terms of required devotions. If it's on the same end path that Bomb builds out of, it is pretty easy to get both. Plus, without knowing the minor traits of the devotion itself, it is hard to say. Huge +% to Aether? Viper-like -%RR on spell cast?

Looks to me like the proc is more for AOE clearing, but pretty hard to say until we get to play around in beta.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:01 PM
Acolyte

very interesting, i´m impressed.

Pheonix seems to be nice for Tempest-Battlemage, and i will definitly use Ultos chain lightning with my dual wielding Trickster.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:34 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikebringer View Post
Judging by the tooltip I'm assuming it works like blast shield and overguard, so after all other form of mitigation you have the value is directly reduced from the leftover damage. Note that it's flat damage absorption, which makes it stronger than % based,since it can make you ignore damage.
hold on, the question was if it was that amount for the whole duration or per hit. and you saying blast shield and overguard work the same - is that so? i always wondered about that. does overguard absorb a mighty 90 damage over its 10 second duration at 12/12? it always seemed to me that that amount of damage absorption on overguard was so tiny that it had to be per hit. so i would hope phoenix fire does not work like blast shield.

Last edited by durruti; 07-17-2017 at 08:37 PM.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:52 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by durruti View Post
hold on, the question was if it was that amount for the whole duration or per hit. and you saying blast shield and overguard work the same - is that so? i always wondered about that. does overguard absorb a mighty 90 damage over its 10 second duration at 12/12? it always seemed to me that that amount of damage absorption on overguard was so tiny that it had to be per hit. so i would hope phoenix fire does not work like blast shield.
Blast shield does reduce every instance of damage by the listed absorption value for the whole duration, which is close to invincibility unless the build's defenses are already beyond saving.

Overguard works the same.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:02 PM
Advocate

i didn't know that. go blast shield i guess. and thx for the info.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:45 PM
Praetorian

Blast Shield and Overguard are definitely good investments depending on the build.
Old 07-18-2017, 06:43 PM
Acolyte

Angry

Please, God, make the next dev update include a release date
Old 07-18-2017, 07:02 PM
Praetorian

It won't because it hasn't gone into testing yet.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:02 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by medea fleecestealer View Post
It won't because it hasn't gone into testing yet.
Yet the idea of 'we were supposed to go into testing' is promising , from what I understood the testing has been delayed by a couple of bugs, but not because the content is not there. A month from now would be desirable so I can waste my complete holiday on coop with beer and friends, but I rather have a bug free release
Old 07-19-2017, 09:50 AM
Praetorian

Yes, from the sounds of it the content is done, just a bug or two that suddenly threw the testing plan out the window. Might get an update in Friday's live stream if we're lucky.

Tags
grim misadventure