Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > What Else Are You Playing?

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 07:19 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autentist View Post
Excellent, thanks.

Actually, I would really like to play with you, but unfortunately, I can manage LAN only, so no luck for me. I will definitely watch, though. Cheers, dude.
Why can you only play over LAN ? If it's a problem of owning a copy of TL2 I might have one of two in my inventory
Old 03-05-2017, 09:18 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by potterman28wxcv View Post
Why can you only play over LAN ? If it's a problem of owning a copy of TL2 I might have one of two in my inventory
That's exactly the issue. The thing is, I live in Crimea, as you can see. We have no access to legal copies on Steam. Yes, I can openly admit that, because we literally have no choice here. If I could, I would buy it, but unfortunately, I'm physically incapable of doing so.

And so, I have a GOG version instead. But again, there is some weird issue with it, it cannot recognize my games and cannot load into mutiplayer (GOG Galaxy). And so, LAN only.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:54 PM
Initiate

Quote:
That's exactly the issue. The thing is, I live in Crimea, as you can see. We have no access to legal copies on Steam. Yes, I can openly admit that, because we literally have no choice here. If I could, I would buy it, but unfortunately, I'm physically incapable of doing so.

And so, I have a GOG version instead. But again, there is some weird issue with it, it cannot recognize my games and cannot load into mutiplayer (GOG Galaxy). And so, LAN only.
Maybe it works if someone gives it to you as a present.
Or you mean you don't have access to Steam altogether ?
Old 03-05-2017, 05:12 PM
Counsel

Guys, does anyone know stable, working program which will allow me to store my items in Torchlight 1?
Old 03-05-2017, 08:01 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Maybe it works if someone gives it to you as a present.
Or you mean you don't have access to Steam altogether ?
That will work, actually. However, I still need to install Steam for a single game just to play for a limited amount of time. It's exhausting and doesn't pay off in the end, since GOG version, aside from multiplayer, works completely fine.

And even that, installing LAN is not that hard. For example, Evolve is a great client. Or maybe you or someone on the team have a specific LAN issue?
Anyway, I'm sorry, I couldn't help much you guys. So, unless it's LAN, unfortunately, I'm out.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:13 PM
Initiate

Quote:
That will work, actually. However, I still need to install Steam for a single game just to play for a limited amount of time. It's exhausting and doesn't pay off in the end, since GOG version, aside from multiplayer, works completely fine.

And even that, installing LAN is not that hard. For example, Evolve is a great client. Or maybe you or someone on the team have a specific LAN issue?
Anyway, I'm sorry, I couldn't help much you guys. So, unless it's LAN, unfortunately, I'm out.
Problem with LAN is that you need to emulate it. It gives worst result than with the basic Multiplayer, and since TL2 networking sucks I believe we would get a lot of desync issues sadly, especially on a 4 players party.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:20 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Problem with LAN is that you need to emulate it. It gives worst result than with the basic Multiplayer, and since TL2 networking sucks I believe we would get a lot of desync issues sadly, especially on a 4 players party.
Not if the host has a good Internet connection, so he can support the other three players. I host for my friend, who lives on the other sode of the country (almost 4 thousand kilometers) just fine.

We also played Torchlight 2 together on LAN and didn't experience desyncs at all. It all boils down to how good your connection is, I think.

Besides, Evolve, unlike Tunngle, for example, autotunes the whole deal - you just login and that's it, works like a charm.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:17 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Not if the host has a good Internet connection, so he can support the other three players. I host for my friend, who lives on the other sode of the country (almost 4 thousand kilometers) just fine.

We also played Torchlight 2 together on LAN and didn't experience desyncs at all. It all boils down to how good your connection is, I think.

Besides, Evolve, unlike Tunngle, for example, autotunes the whole deal - you just login and that's it, works like a charm.
Alright it would be worth a try I guess then

Do you have a platform where you're regularly connected ? Steam/Discord/Skype ?
Just PM me
Old 03-06-2017, 06:45 PM
Initiate

So we have a 4th player now ! You can keep posting though if you're interested. Always good to be in contact with fellow HC players
Old 03-12-2017, 12:00 AM
Initiate

We just started today our first session ! Two deaths already very early, and a hard beginning (that damn champion wolf in Temple Steppes), but it went smoothly after that. We will attempt to defeat Grell next time.

As for our deaths, since we were early enough in the game, instead of having everyone restarting we allowed to join back. But now that we're gone past Temple Steppes we won't allow it anymore, and if one of us dies, the rest of the group will have to continue without him.

I'm uploading the video right now and will keep this thread updated with our advancement !
Closed Thread

Tags
hardcore, ironman, torchlight 2