Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 10-01-2018, 02:11 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strannik View Post
Nice build!
Hm, what if we use the gun instead of Beronath? For Warder build gun should be fine, but witchblade will lose damage ...
Gun would be a huge dps loss since markovian doesn't support pierce. Warborn is better for gun
Old 10-01-2018, 02:11 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by veretragna View Post
Try to straightly replace Beronath with Deathdealer's Sidearm and see what happens next
Good. Please keep us informed.
Old 10-01-2018, 02:13 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1x1x1x2 View Post
Gun would be a huge dps loss since markovian doesn't support pierce. Warborn is better for gun
Well, I used to play Warder build with DS and Markovian's set and it was fine.
Old 10-01-2018, 02:40 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veretragna View Post
Nope, Occultist is better in any case. Phys RR, attack speed from Solael's Witchflame, poison resistance, physical resistance - there's no way Warder can outperform the Witchblade
Try to straightly replace Beronath with Deathdealer's Sidearm and see what happens next
DK is the one that can currently hold a candle to WH. And you can do it with 3-6% lifesteal. A story for another time maybe...Tested WH, DK, Tact, Commando to have arrived at this conclusion
Old 10-01-2018, 02:45 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluff View Post
DK is the one that can currently hold a candle to WH. And you can do it with 3-6% lifesteal. A story for another time maybe...Tested WH, DK, Tact, Commando to have arrived at this conclusion
No doubts, necro is good too.
"And you can do it with 3-6% lifesteal."
DK - maybe, due to MoT. WB - surely no. I cleared gladiator with 5% lifesteal but it was unsafe and edgy, I can't call it tank.
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
Octavius injects a decilitre of horse hormones into untransmuted FW.
Old 10-01-2018, 02:54 PM
Champion

I don't understand why you are not using augments that give flat elemental + OA and not using Chains of Oleron in chest and using Bloodied Crystal (???) in ring slot. Your setup reminded me that I have a physical caster Defiler with a pretty devotion route.

And sure enough, I tried tweaking your setup so you get more stats and can use Assassin's mark on Cadence so it is procced instantly:

More OA/flat/resists, Vire and Empyrion instead of Oleron's Fury, Crab Devotion for better tankiness.
Old 10-01-2018, 03:00 PM
Champion

Quote:
I don't understand why you are not using augments that give flat elemental + OA and not using Chains of Oleron in chest and using Bloodied Crystal (???) in ring slot. Your setup reminded me that I have a physical caster Defiler with a pretty devotion route.

And sure enough, I tried tweaking your setup so you get more stats and can use Assassin's mark on Cadence so it is procced instantly:

More OA/flat/resists, Vire and Empyrion instead of Oleron's Fury, Crab Devotion for better tankiness.
I wonder how this'll fare in terms of cleartime. Blind fury is a huge addition when it comes to dps, more so than Vire. This looks like one of the earlier prototypes of reasonably powerful tanks (aka fluff tactician) back when the Chinese didn't grace us with DA yet.
Old 10-01-2018, 03:09 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1x1x1x2 View Post
I wonder how this'll fare in terms of cleartime. Blind fury is a huge addition when it comes to dps, more so than Vire. This looks like one of the earlier prototypes of reasonably powerful tanks (aka fluff tactician) back when the Chinese didn't grace us with DA yet.
Well, it's up to the testing. On my physical caster shield defiler Empyrion and Vire are actually doing a lot of damage and healing. OP could also soft cap fighting form for better aoe. And to me proccing RR devo instantly was always higher damage than proccing anything else. But again, let's see if Veteragna has time to test it
Old 10-01-2018, 06:02 PM
Herald

As promised, I recorded a video of clearing Crucible with current setup.

Video

Quote:
Well, it's up to the testing. On my physical caster shield defiler Empyrion and Vire are actually doing a lot of damage and healing. OP could also soft cap fighting form for better aoe. And to me proccing RR devo instantly was always higher damage than proccing anything else. But again, let's see if Veteragna has time to test it
Questionable suggestions. I doubt that Vire + Empyrion will show better results than Oleron.
Will test it later.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:28 PM
Herald

Quote:
I don't understand why you are not using augments that give flat elemental + OA and not using Chains of Oleron in chest and using Bloodied Crystal (???) in ring slot
I use augments with flat cold, aether resistance and armor. They help on Anasteria and Theodin.
Bloodied crystal softcaps bleed resistance and provides some armor. 20% bleed res comes from temporary Bloodthirster.

Tags
cadence, markovian, physical, s&b, witchblade