Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 11-15-2017, 10:30 AM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neloangelo View Post
How was it at 96lvl? How does the gameplay feel? Does it kill fast enough?
I am more interested to know how it plays in situations with multiple heroes or bosses.
Can you please give me an insight?

Thanks!
It felt fluid enough to me, but then again I am little "too used" to my builds. So in general my feedback isn't the best one on this particular subject because I know how time my heals and can easily get by through reckless play
Random heroes aren't an issue but Grava is, you need to know him and this build to beat him, think of him as the Mad Queen of vanilla.

--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Diablo II: RoT Mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Houck View Post
Nydiamar Mod
Old 11-15-2017, 02:15 PM
Speaker

Chthon, it is a nice build.

Did you try to perform some experiments to max PB cold damage and check how effective the build is in this case? For example not to take the PB transmuter, but to focus on piercing to cold conversion and reducing PB CD (to 1.5 - 2 seconds)? May be something like that http://www.grimtools.com/calc/w26J48b2 (monor changes of your calc for level 100 build version).

I guess using the transmuter for cold based PB build is not a big loss in damage, but in case of my experimental poison & acid PB build I have no choice other than to use PB without the transmuter: https://s8.hostingkartinok.com/uploa...ce0bcd20b0.jpg.
Old 11-15-2017, 05:01 PM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strannik View Post
Chthon, it is a nice build.

Did you try to perform some experiments to max PB cold damage and check how effective the build is in this case? For example not to take the PB transmuter, but to focus on piercing to cold conversion and reducing PB CD (to 1.5 - 2 seconds)? May be something like that http://www.grimtools.com/calc/w26J48b2 (monor changes of your calc for level 100 build version).

I guess using the transmuter for cold based PB build is not a big loss in damage, but in case of my experimental poison & acid PB build I have no choice other than to use PB without the transmuter: https://s8.hostingkartinok.com/uploa...ce0bcd20b0.jpg.
Imo, you'd lack the procs to sustain something like that and would be kiting waiting for PB to get off CD.
Combining this with TSS or Bone Harvest (Reaper) would be more suitable for a CD PB build imo

--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Diablo II: RoT Mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Houck View Post
Nydiamar Mod
Old 11-15-2017, 05:42 PM
Praetorian

What is the damage breakdown of PB please? I'm building a character around aether PB (100% chaos and 90% elemental converted to aether) so I would be interested to compare.
Old 11-15-2017, 05:42 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Imo, you'd lack the procs to sustain something like that and would be kiting waiting for PB to get off CD.
Combining this with TSS or Bone Harvest (Reaper) would be more suitable for a CD PB build imo
Well, I can't imagine how to combine PB and TSS for build focused on posion & acid damage. But I like your idea to try NB with Necromancer - it should be interesting combination.

P.S: I started experimenting with Witch Hunter build based on posion & acid PB long time ago before the DLC released. Quillthrower of Dreeg seemed to be the perfect weapon for CD PB due to the "Eye of Guardian" skill. The current epic arbalet gives me more flat damage for PB, probably the maximum, but there are no active skills to be used when waiting PB to get off CD.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:47 AM
Speaker

I was thinking about the lack of procs for my WH poison build. It seems to me that using DEE while waiting PB to get off CD is the best solution for this build. I need to test it.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:49 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Well, it was late evening and I did not figure out that combination with TSS was related to cold based PB build.
However, TSS also has CD and hence we may need additional or another active skill(s) in this case.

P.S: If I have mythical Speaker of the Dead, I will rebuild my SB to test cold based PB with CD. Just interesting how much flat damage we can get and how effective build will be.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:21 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaeiO View Post
What is the damage breakdown of PB please? I'm building a character around aether PB (100% chaos and 90% elemental converted to aether) so I would be interested to compare.
Do you mean comprasion of PB damage changes between different damage types like cold and aether or just between PB with and without the transmuter?
Old 11-17-2017, 06:47 PM
Speaker

I rebuilt my SB (95 lvl) into the cold PB variant and made a quick setup with gear (only one mithical item - offhand) to play around. The devotion setup from Chthon's calc was used.

The DPS for PB with transmuter is ~17000, PB damage statistic can be found here. The DPS for PB without transmuter is ~ 11000, CD is 1.8 seconds and PB damage statistic can be found here. Not too long to wait for PB to get off CD, but need further testing to optimize build setup.

Tags
cold, cold caster, phantasmal blades, spellbreaker