Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > News In Gaming

Old 08-04-2017, 12:02 PM
Herald

Default Grimoire Herald of the winged exemplar IS OUT!!!

I still don't know if it's full of bug or whatever (released like 45 mins ago) but after 20 years of madness, make yourself a favour go search stuff about this game, it is finally out!

The era of decline finally came to an end.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:49 PM
Praetorian

I have been following this on and off, the no 1 thing I really dislike is the UI, the game world screen just seems too tiny.

judging from steam forums, the release is not without issues.

then there is that price, which is a bit too steep for a game that has taken a long time to develop, and countless indiegogo campaigns. (for some reason I get some updates) whenever he does a campaign update. everytime he does an update. I lost track on how many times he has asked for funding.

I might end up giving this a wide berth in all honestly. as the UI is one major turn off for me.

Co-op Digital Deluxe Bundle supporter I hope GD is a success
Old 08-04-2017, 12:57 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewfarmery View Post
I have been following this on and off, the no 1 thing I really dislike is the UI, the game world screen just seems too tiny.

judging from steam forums, the release is not without issues.

then there is that price, which is a bit too steep for a game that has taken a long time to develop, and countless indiegogo campaigns. (for some reason I get some updates) whenever he does a campaign update. everytime he does an update. I lost track on how many times he has asked for funding.

I might end up giving this a wide berth in all honestly. as the UI is one major turn off for me.

Yeah looks like it is buggy. I will wait and see how things go, despite all the issues it's still a memorable day in human history. Take this fake landing on the stupid moon!
Old 08-04-2017, 01:10 PM
Praetorian

I would have been jumping up and down if the UI was better, to me, he really has gone overboard in making the world screen way too small.

I admit, I have been waiting for this game, and while it's an achievement to see finally released, (like I said countless campaigns, no idea how much money raised, the length of time it has taken to get this far, then only to miss the landing spot by a huge margin. (in fact, I thought he was going to release the game to super beta testers or something, (edit, my mistake, he released a super demo of the game, but not sure if he ever intended to allow people to beta test this?) but clearly that either hasn't happened or something else. as the game seems to have been released a bit of a state. So why hasn't anyone been given beta access? silly.

But while the game is supose to be huge, from all that hype he seem to have generated over the years, size isn't everything. Sometimes you can have a short game, but its full of emotion. (brothers - A tale of two sons) <-- if anyone hasn't played that awesome little game, its worth it, not that long, but by hell what a story.

So really, going overboard with size could be counter productive, especailly when it comes to bugs, or scripts with certain dungeons. I suspect that game will be a beta testing nightmare, or should that be dev nightmare to iron out all those bugs. which leads back to, why wasn't this game not got much of a beta test?

But really, if the game just carries on and on, might up getting bored with it. so there are minuses to having such a large game. sometimes short and sweet works as well. Have to see how things develop?

edit

another minus, game has no manual, or any kind of tutorial, so players are forced to find things as they go along, not exactly fun for a game of this type.

edit 2
stream of the game now
https://www.twitch.tv/garnigal

man that UI is one major turn of, hell even eye of the beholder looked way better.

edit 3

reviews on steam are now mixed, lol, seems after all this time, the game is getting a huge walloping, not really surprised, I think he had released the game way too late, plus a very niche market as well. plus the bugs in the game seem to be growing. this is becoming a bit of a mess. I personally think he should have given up or made the game a lot smaller then focus on expansions. releasing a game that is suppose to be 600 hours (something that people are also calling BS, and add to that most if not all will be recycled content. Really don't think this game is worth bothering with IMO. struck off my wish list.

Last edited by matthewfarmery; 08-04-2017 at 03:41 PM.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:52 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by They Live View Post
I still don't know if it's full of bug or whatever (released like 45 mins ago) but after 20 years of madness, make yourself a favour go search stuff about this game, it is finally out!

The era of decline finally came to an end.
The neanderthal finally did it? Holy shit
Old 08-04-2017, 03:54 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuranosuke View Post
but missed the boat and full of bugs. this game is getting a bit of a slapping.

Old 08-04-2017, 05:55 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuranosuke View Post

Incline cometh, kali yuga is coming to an end. Follow the golden baby!
Old 08-04-2017, 06:35 PM
Champion

Looked game up on steam store, first impression "people still make games in 4:3 ?"

Reminds me of things I played in the early 90's and not in a good way. Guess nostalgia sells.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:14 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avyctes View Post
Looked game up on steam store, first impression "people still make games in 4:3 ?"

Reminds me of things I played in the early 90's and not in a good way. Guess nostalgia sells.
It's not nostalgia, the game is actually from 1997 but it came to the light now for the first time.

Yeah you heard it right.
Old 08-05-2017, 07:38 AM
Supporter

Thanks for posting this. Seems like the dev is a derek smart type. Gave me a good read going down the rabbit hole of grimoires development