Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-01-2017, 12:44 PM
x1x1x1x2's Avatar
x1x1x1x2 x1x1x1x2 is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,505
Default

So that's why you can't get 100% fire to aether conevrsion. Was also wondering about that earlier when I played a similar build.

Also, very nice build! Attempted the same thing on a sorc but felt lacking in damage even with maxed transmuted CT. One question, is maxing Decay worth it? The debuff only lasts for 1 second, the points seem better spent on Foul Eruption for flat RR stronger than Decree.

edit: what's that illusion on the shoulders? looks great.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-01-2017, 12:47 PM
JoV's Avatar
JoV JoV is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 2,169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by korsar View Post
One more nice build)
Any reason to use Aleks pants instead of Wraithborne Legwraps?? Just you had it and they give all this nice bonuses??
Thx

Not really, pants, boots, gloves, shoulders pick to your liking. I took these ones cuz I wanted to go trough cruci w/o buffs and banners so gave a bit more emphasis on takines (DA, phys resistance and flat HP).
Allagast's Mantle is also good option you can get 1% extra CDR with 2 points addition to star pact.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-01-2017, 12:48 PM
reapersgaze's Avatar
reapersgaze reapersgaze is offline
Emissary
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 834
Default

Screen Candy Rating:

__________________
Is it too much to ask for Crate to give us what we really want? Dual wield skeleton.

The Fermi Paradox is God nerfing Civilization: Reality Edition.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-01-2017, 12:53 PM
JoV's Avatar
JoV JoV is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 2,169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1x1x1x2 View Post
So that's why you can't get 100% fire to aether conevrsion. Was also wondering about that earlier when I played a similar build.

Also, very nice build! Attempted the same thing on a sorc but felt lacking in damage even with maxed transmuted CT. One question, is maxing Decay worth it? The debuff only lasts for 1 second, the points seem better spent on Foul Eruption for flat RR stronger than Decree.

edit: what's that illusion on the shoulders? looks great.
If you are going with sorc is better to concentrate on fire/burn.

It last for one second but CD on that spell with all CDR you have is 1.7 secs, and in some situations (when eternity procs) only 0.7 s.
Like I mentioned in upper post I gave more emphasis on tankines cuz wanted to finish cruci w/o buffs and banners, you can allocate those points where ever you think its more suitable.

Edit: Shoulders are from diviner set


Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersgaze View Post
Screen Candy Rating:
Thx

Last edited by JoV; 11-01-2017 at 12:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-01-2017, 01:39 PM
kidpid's Avatar
kidpid kidpid is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 245
Default

I tried to do this build with the full Diviner set and the Mythical Aethereach in order to spam Reap Spirit and Devastation. I was very disappointed with the Reap Spirit performance. The whole build just felt like a weaker version of a Doom Bolt/Devastation Clairvoyant Warlock.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nssheepster View Post
Flashbang is great! It is, I agree...AFTER you hit someone with it. Until then, it's nothing.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-01-2017, 01:43 PM
Chthon's Avatar
Chthon Chthon is offline
Ascendant
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidpid View Post
I tried to do this build with the full Diviner set and the Mythical Aethereach in order to spam Reap Spirit and Devastation. I was very disappointed with the Reap Spirit performance. The whole build just felt like a weaker version of a Doom Bolt/Devastation Clairvoyant Warlock.
Reap spirit is a little overrated for non-pet builds imo, I see some people using it in theorycrafting but at the end of the day it does still scale with pet bonuses correct?

Btw, full diviner would mean your aether damage would've been converted to cold damage through off hand, so that might've also caused drop in performance, not to mention increase in target area (not sure if the extra projectile makes up for this though)
__________________
All my builds can be found on my profile page

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-01-2017, 01:47 PM
JoV's Avatar
JoV JoV is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 2,169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidpid View Post
I tried to do this build with the full Diviner set and the Mythical Aethereach in order to spam Reap Spirit and Devastation. I was very disappointed with the Reap Spirit performance. The whole build just felt like a weaker version of a Doom Bolt/Devastation Clairvoyant Warlock.
Initially I had few points in reap spirit, also wasn't satisfied with performances.
Full diviner set is bit awkward to me, instead of buffing it actually weakens devastation (conversion fire to cold, expanding the area). Also w/o anasteria helm you lose so much, anasteria devastation is by far strongest item proc in game.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-01-2017, 01:49 PM
Chthon's Avatar
Chthon Chthon is offline
Ascendant
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoV View Post
Also w/o anasteria helm you lose so much, anasteria devastation is by far strongest item proc in game.
Shimmering Splendor begs to differ
__________________
All my builds can be found on my profile page

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-01-2017, 01:49 PM
x1x1x1x2's Avatar
x1x1x1x2 x1x1x1x2 is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Reap spirit is a little overrated for non-pet builds imo, I see some people using it in theorycrafting but at the end of the day it does still scale with pet bonuses correct?

Btw, full diviner would mean your aether damage would've been converted to cold damage through off hand, so that might've also caused drop in performance, not to mention increase in target area (not sure if the extra projectile makes up for this though)
It's the fire damage that will be converted to cold, so it's fine.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-01-2017, 01:49 PM
kidpid's Avatar
kidpid kidpid is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Reap spirit is a little overrated for non-pet builds imo, I see some people using it in theorycrafting but at the end of the day it does still scale with pet bonuses correct?

Btw, full diviner would mean your aether damage would've been converted to cold damage through off hand, so that might've also caused drop in performance, not to mention increase in target area (not sure if the extra projectile makes up for this though)
The Reap Spirit tooltip says "The wraith scales with pet bonuses", so I assumed that the weapon damage portion of the skill scaled off of player bonuses. I don't think that's an incorrect assumption, since I would get upwards of 100K crits with it when all debuffs were up, but unfortunately that's not very frequent and the whole skill feels pretty underwhelming.

The Diviner offhand converts fire to cold, not aether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoV View Post
Initially I had few points in reap spirit, also wasn't satisfied with performances.
Full diviner set is bit awkward to me, instead of buffing it actually weakens devastation (conversion fire to cold, expanding the area). Also w/o anasteria helm you lose so much, anasteria devastation is by far strongest item proc in game.
The expanded area is actually offset very well by the extra projectile, which actually doubles the amount of meteors that come down. Devastation actually feels very good with the set, but losing Outcast's Secret and a Terrnox Tome really hurts the viability of the build.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nssheepster View Post
Flashbang is great! It is, I agree...AFTER you hit someone with it. Until then, it's nothing.

Last edited by kidpid; 11-01-2017 at 01:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
aether, caster, crucible, devastation, spellbinder

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2018 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.