Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Developer Section > Development Updates

View Poll Results: Commit to a full tree or swap between single skillz?
I like the idea of choosing one tree vs. another and having more possible builds 161 73.52%
I think it would be more interesting to invest in two single skills and switch off during battle 28 12.79%
either one sounds cool to me! 30 13.70%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 08-27-2012, 07:46 AM
Acolyte

ok, so are we going back to TQ with more than enough random stuff to fight out with in terms of not so much encharntments but ablilites that allow the char to do extra damage or whatnot including self healing as a modifer ?.

I really really enjoy the path of exile . open gameness that path of exile has taken, if you kill off the skill set completely and make a tree that allows you to choose what skill to choose next in any particular circumstance. So you might beable to have plus 5 health in first point. then say either 5 more health and 5 dex as a skill tree keeps on growing in different directions you can select where you want your char's skill to travel to and try and buff up the char that way.

now as for extra say encharntments as such you could either have one have it where you put a point into a slot to make it a level or you could (b) have certain slots on your char where you have say an object as such that gives you a buff that will give you an encharntment that allows you to level it up as you level. so you dont have to watch it all the time but you can choose when to level it up because it will tell you that its time for it to level.

so after all the arguments which are good/ bad and going forward are we still looking at a TQ or a complete overhaul of the system ?.

what you think ?
Old 08-27-2012, 03:14 PM
Champion

I voted for the tree approach. I would find it more interesting to have to commit to a style of fighting, especially if you want to get the high end skills, rather than just being able to cherry pick skills from different fighting styles.

Edit: I just noticed how old this thread is. Why did I never notice this before?

Currently Playing: Agatha Christie - The ABC Murders
Old 08-30-2012, 05:34 AM
Initiate

I'll always like more diverse build options, more separate build options, etc.

Pretty much #1 reason why I went from being excited about D3 and forgetting it completely is the lack of builds, just "item builds". But that's just me.

Tags
combat, masteries, skill trees