Old 07-02-2017, 06:14 PM
Ascendant

Fucking awesome. One of the few mods i'd love to try this expansion

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 07-02-2017, 07:36 PM
Counsel

Well...after merging this mod with my own mod and playing it with friends for a few hours this mod has quickly became mandatory. Awesome work Ceno!

This mod really expands the game and gives you reason to seek items outside your build that alone makes this mod amazing but it goes even further by granting you access to your favorite procs regardless of gear requirements for your builds and that's just sexy.

So once again from me and now all my friends, Thank you for this mod! Please keep it up to date with new content! Best mod on here IMO.
Base Game cleared, Current Part-time Modder, My Mod is getting there! Wanna check out a tiny bit of what i am working on? Hit up my Steampage! http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198037881900/screenshots/#scrollTop=0

Last edited by ZaKaRuNe; 07-03-2017 at 02:24 AM.
Old 07-02-2017, 08:00 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaKaRuNe View Post
Well...after merging this mod with my own mod and playing it with friends for a few hours this mod has quickly became mandatory. Awesome work Ceno!

This mod really expands the game and gives you reason to seek items outside your build that alone makes this mod amazing but it goes even further by granting you access to your favorite procs regardless of gear requirements for your builds and that's just sexy.

So once again from me and now all my friends, Thanks you for this mod! Please keep it up to date with new content! Best mod on here IMO.
Wow, that's far higher praise than I was expecting so soon (if at all). Thank you, and glad you and your friends are enjoying the mod!

The generation script will be up on github shortly. With it you can compile the mod for any updates Crate releases (which I'll of course merge and release with the mod as well) and, with a few tweaks, it should be easily extensible to work with the components of other peoples' mods as well.
Old 07-02-2017, 08:36 PM
Praetorian

A small update has been released. There is no gameplay change here, there's just some behind-the-scenes stuff. If you already had Reskill-02, there isn't especially any reason to upgrade to Reskill-03 (although 03 is a little bit smaller).

With the new version, Reskill's generation script is now up on github! Find it here: https://github.com/ssauvageau-/GD-Reskill
Old 07-03-2017, 01:24 AM
Supporter

Excellent!

...why gate the functionality of the mod behind such a strong threshold? Why not make it be accessible at level 10 or so?
Old 07-03-2017, 01:35 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleVVLL View Post
Excellent!

...why gate the functionality of the mod behind such a strong threshold? Why not make it be accessible at level 10 or so?
I'd have said at the same level as the item it is based on... the script is available so I hope that would not be too hard to change
Old 07-03-2017, 01:40 AM
Supporter

mamba, yes, your suggestion is better than mine. I hope Ceno at least enables an option to cause the availability of this mod to characters prior to end-game.
Old 07-03-2017, 05:58 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleVVLL View Post
Because I took any opportunity I could in keeping things reasonably balanced without sacrificing any gameplay mechanics. If you can access it at level 10, you could transfer over a Legendary item and then have a Legendary proc very early into the game.

I like this mod as an endgame timesink. The crafting is very expensive (a Legendary item, two rare components, and 50k iron) but the reward makes up for it. If you're playing the mod self-found, you probably wouldn't be able to make much use of it until levelcap anyways.

While I initially had it hardcoded into a template file, I've edited the code a bit (and pushed the edits to github) to change the level requirements of the components however you like automatically.

I don't really intend to release multiple versions of the mod. On my end, that's a lot of tedium to work with, especially if I start encountering bugs.
Old 07-03-2017, 06:39 AM
Advocate

Hey look, some Kanai in my Grim Dawn.

Looks awesome. I'm still happy with the base game for now, but when I do try out mods someday this'll definitely be near the top of the list.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:23 PM
Supporter

Great work, Ceno.

Tags
components, mod, reskill