Old 11-03-2017, 04:05 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yawgmoth View Post
hahahahahaa holy shit I thought you were kidding when you made that post

like seriously my thought was "that troll post is too obvious, no one is that dumb" but hey props to you for really going all-in with your username
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autentist View Post
Eh, no. No way in hell I'll be playing HC in GD. I also must say that you are projecting a bit too much on how it is *addictive*.
No matter how you encourage people to try, there are too many factors in GD to play HC safe nd sound - lags, random damage spikes, etc. For some it's gonna be torture.
So I did managed to convince a few ppl that I'm serious. That's quite a success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holystar88 View Post
Tbh I think HC is more likely safe play, you end up building chars around soldier or shaman or even necromancer classes, then pumping hp by devotions and gears til ~13k+, with carefully engagement and dmg absorb mobs never take down ur hp below 30%, well I feel a bit err bored, I prefer sparta style when you jump into bunch of mobs or facetank bosses. For die farm I think its totally broken like gd stash, yes just likely cheating.
There's very little difference in how you build your character on SC and HC, and pretty much zero difference in how you build your character if you have nemesis farming and crucible in mind.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:43 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stg View Post
I kinda see what you mean, but it's still silly to me to power level yourself by just dying over and over and over again. Still, I can't climb too high on a pedestal here because I use to run Uber leveling services at JSP for FG and items using a window-mode exploit to keep casting Blessed Hammer all night long while I slept. I could usually do level 10-98 in one night depending on how long it took me to lock Meph in his house for the night on top of getting everyone in-game on time.

The only difference between die farms and leveling with Ubers is that the people I would level were already veterans of the game and knew the game inside and out; whereas you'll have new players seeing a way to power level with die farms and jumping in, only to find out they are missing a huge part of the game.
It's like you said, it's similar to your uber leveling service. It's just a method available in the game. What if there was a game where farming the last boss was the best option for loot but after you killed the boss there was a 5 min end credit scene that was not skippable and the only way to bypass that is to type /die, and there are no consequences to dying? Would dying after killing the boss each time to get to the next run quicker be silly? It's the same situation here. People just make use of whatever mechanics are available in game.

I think most people doing this have probably played through the game too. There are many possible reasons for experienced players to do it, for example, if you want to try Jajaja's new build and already have gear stashed up for it, you could just do the runs get close to max lvl, put on the gear you have stashed up and steamroll your way to ultimate.

There are also some other pros as well, for example, since it requires partying with people, you end up meeting other legit players (because why would players who edit their charas do this) and you may end up with a long friendlist of legit players.

Last edited by silic; 11-03-2017 at 07:47 AM.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:07 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blawsonhull View Post
you get to KNOW your toon on your way up,
Except many builds are very gear dependant so you don't get to know them till L75 and now L94 and each hour spent 'knowing' them at the top is more valuable than on the way up anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dragon View Post
and HC is extremely addictive, so the only thing needed is just to encourage people to try.
I have been playing RPGs since D1 and never had the slightest interest in HC because I know if I were forced to I would be playing boring builds carefully and slowly.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:44 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
I have been playing RPGs since D1 and never had the slightest interest in HC because I know if I were forced to I would be playing boring builds carefully and slowly.
Maybe one day I'll write a big post and debunk all the mythos people have about HC.

Also I really wonder why people quote me on HC being addictive and tell that they never had any interest. You know, it looks like you're attempting to refute my claim by "no cuz I never tried".

Anyway, I was joking.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:55 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autentist View Post
Eh, no. No way in hell I'll be playing HC in GD. I also must say that you are projecting a bit too much on how it is *addictive*.
No matter how you encourage people to try, there are too many factors in GD to play HC safe nd sound - lags, random damage spikes, etc. For some it's gonna be torture.
- more like limited kiting ability (death rooms, CC immune bosses/heroes)
- game emphasis on survivability
- concept of unavoidable damage
- abundance of 1-shot killers for non-tank focused professions

i'm at a point of my play right now where in i have so much parked characters because I know I'll lose them unless i level them up to re-gear, or even worse to actually farm for the right gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silic View Post
It's like you said, it's similar to your uber leveling service.
Correct, it would be hypocritical of us to call it cheating when most of us probably condoned Uber Hammerdin HC leveling back in D2. Lvl 1-99 in HC ladder without any effort.

Die farming is fine, no one ever said it bad. Just don't be one of those players brag about being legit, but secretly do this. Exerting 0 effort to get to where your toon is nothing to be proud of.
[HC In Progress]: Commado (dual-pistol) 94
, Witch Hunter (assassin) 96, Cabalist (minion master) 95, Purifier (caster) 94, Druid (PS ranged) 75, Tactician (shotgun) 76

Last edited by gasconron; 11-03-2017 at 10:03 PM.