Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Ideas and Feedback

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 02-18-2019, 09:12 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by USER_NAME_01 View Post
Honestly, removing it would balance the bonuses straight away. I personally don't see any reason of having either the armor bonus in one craftsman or having other craftsmen than Angrim. If you have armor bonus in one craftsman, other craftsmen stop to exist. Change it to armor absorption instead and other craftsmen will start to exist (literally).
Armor bonus is just too high copared to other bonuses, that's all.
If some blacksmith gave +500HP bonus, i bet, everyone would use HIM alone!
It's just the quastion of numbers. 3-7% armour is MORE valuable than +3-7 res, +10 OA, etc.
Other bonuses should be buffed a bit, to be in line with armour.

My build/guide:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64706
Old 02-18-2019, 09:31 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortalKombat View Post
Armor bonus is just too high copared to other bonuses, that's all.
If some blacksmith gave +500HP bonus, i bet, everyone would use HIM alone!
It's just the quastion of numbers. 3-7% armour is MORE valuable than +3-7 res, +10 OA, etc.
Other bonuses should be buffed a bit, to be in line with armour.
At least 99% of enemies deal physical damage in the game. Even if we got a buff to the resists to static 20%, people would still choose armor bonus because it reduces damage for at least 99% of enemies. 7% armor is a HUGE amount, if you roll it or farm for it, there won't be ANYTHING that would beat that value. I think that to beat the armor value (7%), we'd need at least 80% to one resist. No one is gonna sit there looking at a 20% bonus vs. a 7% bonus (if you're stubborn enough to farm it, and I talk about myself mostly here) and think "oh hey, the 20% to a resist is way better". Armor bonus should be removed, or reduced to 1 - 3% (people will still most likely choose it instead, though, but not as oppressively). Before anyone would say that it could be replaced with physical resist, it'd be even more overpowered even if we could roll 1 - 2%.

The safest way would be replacing the armor with something else.
Old 02-18-2019, 11:51 AM
Counsel

Quote:
At least 99% of enemies deal physical damage in the game.
My reason for keeping it is based on the same thing. Because so many enemies deal physical damage and due how unequal both armor bonuses and physical resist is divided around the gear, skill and constellations, removing if would affect the game balance in a way negative way making far more difficult a number of class combinations to reach a "safe" level of armor for the hardest content(when fighting nemesis without top level gear and late end game when fighting supper bosses).

Yes this would also affect those who already have enough from other sources but I find it more important to prevent class combinations from becoming to weak then to Nerf those who are to strong.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:47 PM
Champion

Quote:
At least 99% of enemies deal physical damage in the game. Even if we got a buff to the resists to static 20%, people would still choose armor bonus because it reduces damage for at least 99% of enemies. 7% armor is a HUGE amount, if you roll it or farm for it, there won't be ANYTHING that would beat that value. I think that to beat the armor value (7%), we'd need at least 80% to one resist. No one is gonna sit there looking at a 20% bonus vs. a 7% bonus (if you're stubborn enough to farm it, and I talk about myself mostly here) and think "oh hey, the 20% to a resist is way better". Armor bonus should be removed, or reduced to 1 - 3% (people will still most likely choose it instead, though, but not as oppressively). Before anyone would say that it could be replaced with physical resist, it'd be even more overpowered even if we could roll 1 - 2%.

The safest way would be replacing the armor with something else.
Then try to actually rise crafting res bonus to 20%... I bet, a lot of players will actually use that when they actually need that res. Sure, if you're already overcapped, then res bonus is useless anyway, but that's not the reason to say it's useless anyway.
After all, HP pool helps against ANY damage, not just physical, as well as DA. Why no one cares using HP bonus or DA bonus when crafting? Because those are weak NUMERICALLY. Raise numbers - and players will use them too.

My build/guide:
Old 02-18-2019, 02:55 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortalKombat View Post
Then try to actually rise crafting res bonus to 20%... I bet, a lot of players will actually use that when they actually need that res. Sure, if you're already overcapped, then res bonus is useless anyway, but that's not the reason to say it's useless anyway.
After all, HP pool helps against ANY damage, not just physical, as well as DA. Why no one cares using HP bonus or DA bonus when crafting? Because those are weak NUMERICALLY. Raise numbers - and players will use them too.
Percent health damage. I doubt HP counters that damage.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:56 PM
Champion

Quote:
Percent health damage. I doubt HP counters that damage.
But it alone isnt fatal anyway...

My build/guide:
Old Yesterday, 05:59 AM
Supporter

Dunno, i find it easier to get flat or percent HP via items/devos than to get %armor, that you can mainly get trough components (but that may mean sacrificing something else, for some builds) and some craftable items like Stoneplates. And yea, Angrim.

That being said, it's true that raising numbers on other crafting bonuses may make them more appealing. Just that, as UserName highlighted, i don't know how many players would choose them over %armor. It would be cool to mess around with these implements in future patches. See what works and what doesn't.

I for one would like to see a crafting function that allows players to switch one undesired stat on a piece of gear for another (let's say random) one. Random so things would be fair from a crafting point of view. Take an item with bonuses for 3 masteries. You have no use for the bonus to the mastery left outside of your combination. Get the possibility to change it to something useful. For 3 Ancient Hearts plus some other component(s), reroll it for 1 random possible stat out of a list (%armor, %phys resistance etc.) For 3 Blood of Chton reroll for random stat from another list: flat/%OA, attack/casting speed etc. Either change Angrim's bonus or don't, it may not matter all that much in this situation.
Old Yesterday, 06:11 AM
Initiate

Quote:
a crafting function that allows players to switch one undesired stat on a piece of gear for another (let's say random) one.
This is almost exactly like D3's Enchanter NPC
Old Yesterday, 06:20 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixbynine View Post
This is almost exactly like D3's Enchanter NPC
Oh yeah, i remember now. Then it's never gonna happen in GD
On a serious note, i think a function like that would be more relevant here than in D3, where you don't have mastery specific bonuses that you just don't use in a build. Thinking about all the builds i've seen that used one or more items for half of their stats.