Old 10-16-2017, 01:09 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
I hope there's something intelligent behind all this and not just dumb RNG guiding his responses
The only thing I can think of not doing is killing The Mountain on Ultimate. I wonder if that's got anything to do with htis
If by the Mountain you mean golem like creature under the sewers - it does not work, at least for me. I killed it before meeting the resistence and Nicoh. Looks like the dialogue ending depends on RNG.
Old 10-16-2017, 04:22 PM
Counsel

First time on Ultimate, chose first option all the way and he went ape-shit on me. The kids hate me now...
Old 10-16-2017, 04:33 PM
Champion

Did this for the first time today on veteran, didn't manage to even get a hostile option, all I could do was rift them into the sewer base no matter which option I took. Weird.
Old 10-16-2017, 04:35 PM
Ascendant

Lol, two posts two polarizing replies

Dafuq is wrong with this quest?

Hmm, let's see minus the exploration being lesser than veteran I did almost everything in the correct order on my ultimate playthrough and he remains hostile

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 10-16-2017, 05:35 PM
Herald

I think it's linked to the character's reputation with the Malmouth Resistance.

On my first character I had to kill Nicoh the first time I met him because I couldn't talk him out of his madness. He was also hostile when I met him on my second character, so I let him be and kept questing. When I finished the main quest line I had reached honored with the Resistance so I went back to him and was able to send him and the kids through a riftgate.

It's pretty confusing because nothing hints what you're supposed to do get a good ending to the quest.

Another one that's currently puzzling me is the quest given by Rictor ( the dying dude you meet in the harbor ) who grants you access to his stash. He gave the quest to my first character the first time I met him but nothing to my second character, even though I processed the exact same way with both characters. Even now that my second character has finished the main quest line and is soon to be revered with the resistance, Rictor still doesn't give a F and just lays here aimlessly.
Old 10-16-2017, 05:43 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuranosuke View Post
Another one that's currently puzzling me is the quest given by Rictor ( the dying dude you meet in the harbor ) who grants you access to his stash. He gave the quest to my first character the first time I met him but nothing to my second character, even though I processed the exact same way with both characters. Even now that my second character has finished the main quest line and is soon to be revered with the resistance, Rictor still doesn't give a F and just lays here aimlessly.
That's likely a bug mate since I never encountered anything like this in 4 playthroughs

Also, no. It's not linked to rep. I was tolerated with Malmouth when I rescued Nick and Revered with him when he refused. I naturally avoided the fight by simply walking away.

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 10-17-2017, 12:35 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Also, no. It's not linked to rep. I was tolerated with Malmouth when I rescued Nick and Revered with him when he refused. I naturally avoided the fight by simply walking away.
But...But... the kid! You should not leave them there Better that they live and hate you than they die *tragic hero mode intensifies*

But seriously, I hope it got sorted out. I always do my best to be a nice guy in game. This leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:01 AM
Herald

Wait a second, you can rift them all? I've tried all possible combinations (pretty sure) and I always end up getting attacked.

I thought this was just another Harvey The Drifter encounter.
Old 10-17-2017, 03:03 AM
Acolyte

Can't save him no matter what. Have anyone tested, maybe it's related to ingame time (day or night)?

Also what are your faction choices and the results of talking to him on that character?

edit: You won't fucking believe it. It's completely random. It just depends on which moment you spoke to him first time you saw him (likely in the session, so restarting may help, I'm not sure if global variables are saved unless specifically added to player tokens). This is terrible.

This is the script that runs when you start the conversation, it determines the result of the dialogue:
Code:
--- Nicoh's dialogue randomizer
local DialogueRandomizer = 0
local randomizerRan = false

function gd.quests.areaFSideQuests.nicohRandomizerTest()

if not randomizerRan then
		randomizerRan = true
		math.randomseed(Time.Now())
		DialogueRandomizer = random(1,2)

end

end
Even if you are not a programmer this code is self explanatory.

If anyone wants to check:
Conversations - Conversations.arc/conversations/gdareaf/npc_saviorman_01.cnv
Quest - Quests.arc/quests/gdareaf/sq_savior.qst
Script - Scripts.arc/scripts/game/questgdx1/areafsidequests.lua

Who the fuck thought it's a good idea?

edit2: As I thought globals are not saved with character, so just restarting session until it randomly generates 1, rather than 2, if you want to save or 2 if you want to kill. After that picking any option will lead to the same result. It just randomly generated 2 every time I did it so far, but after restarting game couple of times it generated 1 finally and I got friendly option.

Last edited by Demonik; 10-17-2017 at 04:25 AM.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:13 AM
Champion

That is ... not what I expected.