Old 10-15-2017, 08:39 AM
Ascendant

Default Nicoh Erin

All three options seem to trigger violence in Ultimate even though I saved him on previous difficulties

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 10-15-2017, 03:52 PM
Advocate

Well, I tried to help Nicoh first time on Elite and this bastard attacked me. I wonder if peacful ending requires appropriate reputation level from Malmouth Resistence or it's a really the bug.
Old 10-15-2017, 03:55 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strannik View Post
Well, I tried to help Nicoh first time on Elite and this bastard attacked me. I wonder if peacful ending requires appropriate reputation level from Malmouth Resistence or it's a really the bug.
I am revered. He gets aggressive to every option you choose

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 10-15-2017, 04:00 PM
Praetorian

Welcome to the quest that makes no sense. I tried to make sense of this quest but i have not done it so far.

Example: with my Death Knight on my first try, i didn't managed to calm him down to rift them. I simply clicked X and then left. I did the same dialogue route i did in my first try and now, for some reason, he accepted to be rifted. This was all in the same session, on Veteran.

I have no clue on how this quest functions, if it's supposed to be random or some other factor.
Old 10-15-2017, 04:03 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
Welcome to the quest that makes no sense. I tried to make sense of this quest but i have not done it so far.

Example: with my Death Knight on my first try, i didn't managed to calm him down to rift them. I simply clicked X and then left. I did the same dialogue route i did in my first try and now, for some reason, he accepted to be rifted. This was all in the same session, on Veteran.

I have no clue on how this quest functions, if it's supposed to be random or some other factor.
If same dialogue options are giving different outcomes it means two things

1. Bug
2. His response is based on RNG, which is bad design

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 10-15-2017, 05:19 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
If same dialogue options are giving different outcomes it means two things

1. Bug
2. His response is based on RNG, which is bad design
According to this dialogue file Nicho Erin has negative and positive answers (reaction?) on the same dialogue route. I have no idea on conditions required for peacful ending. Is it a bug or we missed something?
Old 10-15-2017, 08:40 PM
Advocate

I was able to save all of them on ultimate difficulty. Not entirely sure but i think i took the first option like i don't want to harm you, so how would... s how do you wanna get us out... i can open a riftgate, A what? No way... You'll be fine (open riftgate).

Last edited by Skyhaster; 10-15-2017 at 08:46 PM.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:49 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhaster View Post
I was able to save all of them on ultimate difficulty. Not entirely sure but i think i took the first option like i don't want to harm you, so how would... s how do you wanna get us out... i can open a riftgate, A what? No way... You'll be fine (open riftgate).
That also leads to violence
Going by Strannik's post it seems there's some problem with the quest itself

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 10-15-2017, 09:04 PM
Praetorian

This quest puzzled me a lot during testing as well, and I still can't figure what's the mistery behind Nicoh Erin.

The first time I did this quest during testing, it was with my Tactician, and no matter which option I choose, he would go hostile to me... then when I played with my Warder, I could save him without no problem at all, so at first, I thought this guy just wouldn't trust Inquisitors in any way, due to how certain NPCs would act towards you, depending which masteries you choose, however, I managed to save him and the children with another Tactician I made later...

According to how Zantai found our theories about Nicoh and how you can save him or not entertaining, the way this quest works is intentional, although I don't have a clue what makes Nicoh go "WTF KILL ME PLS!!1!" with my characters, nor I'll ever understand why this specific NPC MUST have this odd twist on his quest at all...

Spoiler!

-Lokkar, master of the Crucible

"Stand still so I can—Feel my wrath!"

-Warden Krieg
Old 10-15-2017, 09:12 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eralduspr View Post
This quest puzzled me a lot during testing as well, and I still can't figure what's the mistery behind Nicoh Erin.

The first time I did this quest during testing, it was with my Tactician, and no matter which option I choose, he would go hostile to me... then when I played with my Warder, I could save him without no problem at all, so at first, I thought this guy just wouldn't trust Inquisitors in any way, due to how certain NPCs would act towards you, depending which masteries you choose, however, I managed to save him and the children with another Tactician I made later...

According to how Zantai found our theories about Nicoh and how you can save him or not entertaining, the way this quest works is intentional, although I don't have a clue what makes Nicoh go "WTF KILL ME PLS!!1!" with my characters, nor I'll ever understand why this specific NPC MUST have this odd twist on his quest at all...

Spoiler!
I hope there's something intelligent behind all this and not just dumb RNG guiding his responses
The only thing I can think of not doing is killing The Mountain on Ultimate. I wonder if that's got anything to do with htis

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!