Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > Totally Random

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 12:13 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kardiophylax View Post
I was very surprised to hear this news this morning. I just assumed we'd never find him. It would have been nice to put him on trial, but it appears he didn't want to be taken alive as Saddam was.
in fact they offered him to surrender but he refused, thus they shot him and took his body back.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Champion

i still question the autenthicity of this, if hes really down then good, but meh dunno thers one part of me which wants to beleive the story and the other which is like... wait a minute, that was wayy to easy.

Thats like a bossfight in plenty of games.. 1st form, yeah easy as hell... BAM...

What's ossama's 2nd form :O lol

Steam Username : Skellt
Old 05-02-2011, 12:40 PM
Herald

Hooby, I realize what you mean, however, you are looking at this as if the US didn’t have any right to kill Osama. There was no revenge in the military’s actions. Osama openly declared war on the western society and masterminded the deaths of thousands of individuals from all walks of life.

When it comes to warfare death is inevitable, and like all wars the only way to win it is by some sort of force.

In the case of the US, they used military force.

Osama used his followers who were willing to commit suicide, an atrocity that seems lost even on Osama, as a force.

And also, you of all people should know that no one person can stop the cycle of violence, it requires a concerted effort from all parties.

If you consider that all parties have different beliefs and ethics, then it will be nearly impossible to reconcile all difference without concerted effort.

Try getting people to put forward effort – it’s nearly impossible to get results.

That doesn’t mean one shouldn’t try, but it does mean that one should be prepared for those that seek to rupture that effort.

In this case, I cannot imagine that Osama was simply jealous or envious of western wealth. He himself was quite wealthy, this war he started was for another purpose, one strong enough that he felt the need to destroy thousands of lives, and sacrifice himself for its effort.

His death may bring pain to those that loved him, but he was a willing sacrifice to his cause, something his loved ones surely understood.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Lord Advocate

Whatever hooby, this guy was responsible for a lot of death around the world...if you want to sympathize with that view point that's your prerogative. Every terrorists is another man's freedom fighter...yeah we know...I guess it all depends who you stand with. Personally, I stand for what the US (and other world Democracies) stand for. Osama Bin Laden stood for a world in which I would never want to live in, and I would hope my children will never have to endure.

The idea that violence never solves anything is unrealistic. Thank our lucky stars there's people who know different and had the courage and conviction to fight...otherwise we could all at this moment all be speaking German and living under Nazi rule. Sometimes violence is the only answer. Sometimes violence is not just revenge...sometimes it's justice and it's right. I think this is the case with Osama...and I am glad he is dead.

Do I wish we lived in a world where we all agreed to disagree and violence wasn't needed? Do I wish we could sit down with terrorist and have tea and sing kumbaya? Of course I do...that's not the world we live in. Civilizations clash, religious forces are pushed, and the makeup of the world is in constant motion. As long as this is true, there will be violence and violent responses.

Anyways I think me and you will never see eye to eye on this.

Last edited by Renevent; 05-02-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skellt View Post
i still question the autenthicity of this, if hes really down then good, but meh dunno thers one part of me which wants to beleive the story and the other which is like... wait a minute, that was wayy to easy.

Thats like a bossfight in plenty of games.. 1st form, yeah easy as hell... BAM...

What's ossama's 2nd form :O lol
The only thing I don't like about all this - there are no pictures of him captured, or his body. He was already buried at sea.

Also, none of our men died even though a helicopter went down. The house is burning, likely to the ground.

I feel as if they could have him captive and alive without any of us actually knowing it. Just because they say he's dead does not mean he's dead, we need actual proof.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Acolyte

Okay Osama is dead. but i´m thinking about his/ a follower of him.
I don´t think, that they don´t to anything. It could be that they want revenge, what the US did.
I´m interested in, what the future will be, because al quaida wouldn´t sit there and drink their tea.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:00 PM
Lord Advocate

At this point I think it's mostly a symbolic victory. The optimists will hope this will be a sorta death blow to AQ (which is already fractured)...the pessimist will say a counter attack will be made and will strengthen AQ (and other affiliated organizations) even more.

My personal opinion is a mix of both...I do believe there will be at the very least attempted retribution, however, I think this is a powerful action and is a huge blow (at least to the psyche) of those groups.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Speaker

Default im with hooby

i think no human bein has the rights to take another human life, no matter what they did, killing them makes you just as much as a murderer as they were
Old 05-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Lord Advocate

They tried to take him alive, but a fire fight broke out and he died as a result.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooby View Post
I don't think that "revenge" and "justice" have much in common.

In my mind "justice" is about equality.
Equity, you mean.
Closed Thread