Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 06-19-2018, 06:51 AM
Counsel

Default [1.0.6.1] The Divine Reaper - DW Aether WPS Reaper

Update1: Re-arrange some skill points, changing some relics and items, pushing weapon damage sheet from 25k to 30k, effective Sheet DPS increased by 20k, sacrifice 200 DA and armor absorption

The Build

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/wV1PYAz2
Screenshot with all permanent buff + Pneumatic Burst, Soul Harvest, Lethal Assault, Hungering Void, Mindwarp.
DPS shown is fleshwarped strikes.

Build Feature
+ 100% elemental to aether conversion
+ Good AoE and single target damage
+ Good Racial Damage
+ 100% WPS
+ Dual wield melee, Fast Killer

- Only soft circuit breaker, full concentration is needed
- Theodin MI need some specific prefix+suffix for optimal damage
- Health degeneration with hungering void, need to always attacking
- Dual wield melee

Build Overview
Just trying to build another auto-attack nightblade build. This time with aether using Theodin MI. The build concept is to convert flat damage from lethal assault and soul harvest to aether. The most reasonable damage type to convert is the cold one, thus using 2 pieces diviner set + magelord set. As a bonus, diviner mask now provide 35 additional Aether RR to ill omen & Reap Spirit.

Fleshwarped strike is actually really nice to pair with nightblade. It is stronger than fully charge beronath's fury but obviously weaker than full blown savagery or fire strike. The build try to catch up the damage with plethora of racial damage:
+27% to Humans
+24% to Undead
+24% to Chthonics
+24% to Aetherials & Aether Corruptions
[Really thanks to Ptirodaktill who raised the importance of racial damage in crucible]

The build also focusing on execution for the most damaging WPS and Necrotic Edge + dreadchill mark modifier for AoE. As a reaper, you also have access to nightblade & necromancer WPS, invest the skillpoints so you can have 100% WPS, means every blow you make is using both hands.

For defense, We utilize %damage reduction from ravenous earth and ill omen. Good life leech provided by flame torrent and almost 200% effective attack speed. Mark of torment + Time Dilation + Blade Barrier combo can be used for facing multiple vanilla nemesis, multiple dangerous bosses, and AoM nemesis.

Equipment Choices
Try to get 100% elemental to aether conversion, also have as much +% Attack speed as possible. Craft any components in Arngrim's to have +% armor or +% physique.

Core Items:
Helm: Diviner's Mask. Converting 25% elemental to aether, adding more RR to Ill omen and Reap Spirit
Chest: Diviner's Railment. Converting 25% elemental to aether
Rings: The Magelord Set. Converting 50% elemental to aether, adding flat aether damage, good procs
Main Hand: Heart of Theodin Marcell. Build defining items, adding auto-attack replacer. For optimal build, You want prefix that gives flat aether damage. For suffix you want whatever that add more flat aether or elemental damage, "of Insanity" is good for more racial damage, "of the arcane blaze" provide the highest flat damage, "of the abomination" for additional OA and physique. For campaign though, it is OK to use whatever prefix/suffix you have
Medal: Mythical Dreadchill Mark. Crazy skill modifier for necrotic edge
Shoulder: Zantarin's Shoulderguard. For capping lethal assault, use whatever prefix/suffix you like
Alternative Shoulder: Mythical Silver Sentinel's Shoulderguards, Elite Wendigo Vile Spaulders
Pants: Kubacabra's Chausses. For capping lethal assault, use whatever prefix/suffix you like

Supporting Items:
Off-Hand: Mythical Mindwarp. The best overall aether melee weapons
Gloves: Mythical Iceskorn Talons. high attack speed, help capping lethal assault.
Boots: Mythical Wraithwalkers. +% Aether damage, Good procs
Belt: Mythical Spellbreaker Waistguard. +Nightblade, +flat cold, good stats overall
Amulet: Empowered Essence of Beronath. Massive +% Attack speed, plus to all skills, and high flat elemental damage
Relic: Uroboruuk's Reaping. Really good stats overall, +% Aether damage, +% Attack speed, + ADCTH, +Necro. Don't use the granted ability. Get completion bonus to cap spectral binding
Alternative Relic: Impurity, Mogdrogen's Ardor.

Devotions
is quite standard aside from the dying god. Spear of the heavens is taken for +% Aether damage which this build kinda lacking. The proc is also provide really good damage because it has been converted to pure aether (except DoT).

Flame Torrent > to Ravenous Earth
Arcane Bomb > to Fleshwarped Strikes
Ghoulish Hunger > to whatever permanent buff
Spear of the Heavens > to whatever permanent buff
Time Dilation > to Reap Spirit
Hungering Void > to Bone Harvest

Gameplay
Keybind:
LMB: Fleshwarped Strikes
RMB: Amarasta's Blade Burst
Mouse scroll up: Ill Omen
Mouse scroll down: Ravenous Earth
Middle mouse button: Reap Spirit
Keyboard 1: Mark of Torment
Keyboard 2: Blade Barrier
Keyboard 3: Pneumatic Burst
Keyboard 4: Shadow Strike
Keyboard 5: Bone Harvest

Standard procedure:
Always have Pneumatic Burst active
Scroll up and down, to activate Ill omen and Ravenous earth, triggering multiple flame torrent
Cast Bone Harvest to trigger soul harvest and hungering void
Cast Amarasta's Blade burst to trigger lethal assault
Maul your enemy with fleshwarped strikes.
Make sure soul harvest, lethal assault, and flame torrent always active, ill omen too.
Do not let yourself to be surrounded. Try to move around a bit so there are no enemy behind you. This is especially important when facing 2x Reaper, or Reaper + Grava
Use MoT+TD+BB combo for stronger enemy, surrounded, or facing multiple nemesis.
It is preferable to isolate one nemesis from the other, and kill them one by one.

Build Performance
The build is tuned for crucible. It can clear 150 crucible with no buff and banner. If running for no buff and banner 150, the most dangerous enemy is moonsilauke due his freeze, you can replace the ring component for freeze resist if you want. Using 2 buff (damage and health) make this build an easy and fast 150 farmer.

For 170 Crucible, screenshot with 4 buff and vanguard banner:

I did not time it, but you can measure the clear speed from the remaining duration of the buff. The updated build can do 2.5 151+ crucible in one set of blessing + banner easily (well, if you know your enemy). I usually refill my blessing at wave 161 of my third run.

For +151, the most dangerous enemy is actually Aleksander. This is because you cannot facetank his meteor. Fortunately it is slow, so you can dodge it easily. CC resist is good, thus you will have no problem in doing that.

Second is Reaper. Move around in 2 second interval to restart its savagery like skill. If its in half health, cast MoT and kill him.

For Grava, only dodge his chaos pools.

Other nemesis and bosses (even MadQueen) is a joke with this build.

Afterword
This is my favorite DW melee auto-attack build. I manage to improve it even more after accumulating some experience in building other DW melee auto-attack build. Hope you can enjoy the build.

Last edited by thejabrixone; 08-02-2018 at 05:37 PM.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:49 AM
Counsel

cool build mate i was working on %95 similar builds with small devotion differences.

sadly couldnt find any decent theodin wep to start a char yet
Old 06-19-2018, 01:53 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelgodstoya View Post
cool build mate i was working on %95 similar builds with small devotion differences.

sadly couldnt find any decent theodin wep to start a char yet
Thanks man. Actually, you can feel the power of the build without specific prefix/suffix of the weapon.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2018, 02:01 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejabrixone View Post
Thanks man. Actually, you can feel the power of the build without specific prefix/suffix of the weapon.

Aetherfire/magestorm of shattered reality would increase DPS output by ¬12%.

Even with awfull scepetre this build still rape stuff under 8 seconds.

Last edited by Ptirodaktill; 06-19-2018 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:57 PM
Counsel

Ptiro is exactly right. The build is perfectly viable without good prefix suffix on the weapon.

Rather than that, you should worry more about good prefix suffix on shoulder and pants to cover your resistances.. ;p

Old 06-20-2018, 12:13 AM
Champion

That's a beautiful spec, dw autoattacker with juicy wps. I would however put AQC at 8/8, skill got very nice returns when you are softcapping it.
Old 06-20-2018, 03:02 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
That's a beautiful spec, dw autoattacker with juicy wps. I would however put AQC at 8/8, skill got very nice returns when you are softcapping it.
Thanks MadLee!
Ptiro raise up that AQC is dps loss before 10/8. I will try to look at that because I thought it hit 3 times with both hand weapon damage. But if he said like that, it probably hit 3 times only with one of the weapons.

The skill points allocation is indeed can receive more polishing like put more points in dual blades for more phys resist.
Old 06-20-2018, 03:43 AM
Champion

That doesn't seem right. It should hit 3x with both weapons because the skill description shows %WD from both weapons, doesn't it?

I could be wrong though. I trust ptir more than myself.

P.S. Great build!

Quote:
Can I talk to you about our lord and savior Jesus - Tycho
Old 06-21-2018, 03:52 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir spanksalot View Post
That doesn't seem right. It should hit 3x with both weapons because the skill description shows %WD from both weapons, doesn't it?

I could be wrong though. I trust ptir more than myself.

P.S. Great build!
Thanks spanks!!

I will test it later regarding that.
Still busy levelling a trickster. I have been curious about the power of malkadarr Korba.

Old 06-21-2018, 04:10 AM
Champion

How do you even go about testing that? Is there a program or something which shows the damage dealt?

Quote:
Can I talk to you about our lord and savior Jesus - Tycho

Tags
aether, reaper, theodin, wps