Old 11-17-2017, 11:46 AM
Initiate

Ran into some issues with the latest update.
Whenever I try to load a character in the editor, I end up getting an error saying "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.AssertionError: Assert failed: expected end position" or something similar.

Unfortunately I have no knowledge of java coding, but the directories seem fine and the save files are still in the same location. Not entirely sure what's going on.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:48 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siarnaq View Post
Whenever I try to load a character in the editor, I end up getting an error saying "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.AssertionError: Assert failed: expected end position" or something similar.

Unfortunately I have no knowledge of java coding, but the directories seem fine and the save files are still in the same location. Not entirely sure what's going on.
Apparently, the save file format changed... Will have to update it x_x
Old 11-17-2017, 11:50 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odie View Post
Apparently, the save file format changed... Will have to update it x_x
Ah, fair enough!
Figured I'd drop the error message incase it was solely on my end or something else. Good to know atleast.
Old 11-18-2017, 10:43 AM
Counsel

Default New version!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siarnaq View Post

Howdy!

A new version is available! The editor is now able to read/write GD's new save file format introduced by v1.0.3.0.

Lemme know if there are any issues!
Have fun!
Old 11-18-2017, 10:49 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odie View Post
Howdy!

A new version is available! The editor is now able to read/write GD's new save file format introduced by v1.0.3.0.

Lemme know if there are any issues!
Have fun!
Did some quick testing and everything works just fine.
Cheers for the quick update!
Old 11-18-2017, 06:32 PM
Initiate

I must be special because I am having issues with this editor.

I have Java 8, the editor starts up, I see the ">" asking me to select a character, I type the number "4" and hit enter, and then it seems to pull up the files it wants but I can't enter any more commands?

I have a blinking underscore at the bottom of the screen, with no green ">".

What did I do / not do?

Thank you in advance
Old 11-19-2017, 10:15 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrabaine View Post
I must be special because I am having issues with this editor.

I have Java 8, the editor starts up, I see the ">" asking me to select a character, I type the number "4" and hit enter, and then it seems to pull up the files it wants but I can't enter any more commands?

I have a blinking underscore at the bottom of the screen, with no green ">".

What did I do / not do?

Thank you in advance
Howdy!

When the editor finishes loading the character you asked for, it should print out something like this:
When the editor finishes loading the character you've selected, it should print out something like this:
Code:
Loading from:
    <full path to your character file>

Character:  <Your character name appears here>
r) reload
w) write

>
Do you see this at all? If not, is this an issue you've only encountered with this latest version, or did something similar happen to previous versions also? Is the CPU usage for the editor locked at 100%?

Please do send me your character file. That's probably the most straightforward way for me to figure out what's wrong. Maybe the character file contains data that the reader doesn't know how to deal with. It's also possible I messed something up with the character file reading code and caused the editor go to into some infinite loop somewhere. But seeing as it appears to be working correctly for the few characters I tried it on, I'll need your character file to pinpoint exactly what might be wrong.

Thanks!
Old 11-19-2017, 05:55 PM
Initiate

So the editor apparently knew that I told daddy it was being bad... it appears to be working perfectly now.

To answer your questions, it was not getting to the reload / write options before. I have not tried any previous versions of the editor as I've been enjoying Grim Dawn at my own pace.

Do you still want me to send you my char file? Or no since it fixed itself?
Old 11-20-2017, 12:44 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrabaine View Post
So the editor apparently knew that I told daddy it was being bad... it appears to be working perfectly now.

To answer your questions, it was not getting to the reload / write options before. I have not tried any previous versions of the editor as I've been enjoying Grim Dawn at my own pace.

Do you still want me to send you my char file? Or no since it fixed itself?
Hmmm, thatís really strange.

Since itís working now, Iím not sure if looking at your character file will help anything. Do send the file if you run into this problem again though!
Old 11-24-2017, 11:25 AM
Counsel

Default Would love some feedback!!!

Hi guys!

I don't know how many people will see this message. But... Would anybody like to share their experiences trying to use the editor?

Was it really hard to figure out and get into? Was there something that was particularly confusing? Is the original post actually helpful in explaining how to do things? Is there something I can do to help make using this console based tool a little bit more pleasant?

Hope this reaches *somebody*!
Look forward to what you all have to share! =)

Tags
editor, save file