Old 10-23-2017, 01:20 PM
Counsel

Killed the secret boss with this build (and failed with my Crucible farming WB) after few tries, however i think i need to re-gear pronto as i get stomped like a mashed potato by all the brutes and stuns in abundance.

Btw there are some very nice new legendary boots that provide around 50% stun reduction - but waiting on Mr Tomo for an official "Guru" update to decide where to go exactly with the update of gear.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:54 PM
Initiate

wow you guys rock! thanks for the quick replys I have some questions below if one of you vets has time to help.

edit: as far as leveling is there something to round out the DEE damage while leveling? I removed the transmuter (only level 20 or so atm) because i felt i wasnt able to effectively kill the big groups with the long CD between casts Im assuming with procs and cd reduction this gets better later on and the damage spreads better. Im a brand new player only finished the campagin once on another char

also how early is it imperative i get my hands on a mark of dreeg? I dont have one on my other char and im wondering what the fastest method to farm it is

also nooby question but this is a caster oriented build, so does my base damage on my weapon matter at all for this spec? Additionally are poison and acid damage the same thing? I have noticed some items have both for instance (runed dagger of dreeg cant post links because im too new) Im coming from poe mainly where spells scale independent of weapon damage stats. It seems like abilities work like that in GD and dont scale of weapon base damage (like d3)

thanks!

Last edited by shnurr214; 10-23-2017 at 05:01 PM. Reason: added stuff
Old 10-23-2017, 05:30 PM
Counsel

For leveling - rush Tainted Erruption skill (Abomination constelation) as first priority - its game changer and your main dps source overall and its an AOE on short CD.

Otherwise until Ultimate you can play DEE without the transmuter.

Mark of dreeg you can get very early on if you are lucky (or have other characters which i suppose you dont). Improves dps but its not a game changer so its ok if you dont have it as a first character.

Your base damage is counted only towards skills which use Weapon damage (there are some which have a tooltip like 30% wpn dmg etc).

For casters overall the most important way is to stack your main dmg type (poison in this case as acid is different and it works well with piercing via conversion).
Old 10-28-2017, 07:22 PM
Initiate

Can somebody explain me why you use olerons blood?
Old 10-28-2017, 07:24 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3ighty View Post
Can somebody explain me why you use olerons blood?
For the debuff that it gives when you hit something with it.