Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Community Section > Modding - Projects

Old 02-17-2017, 06:50 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizier View Post
How does that even work?

A random question; when would Occultist Redux be partially integrated into Corn?
Ignore the +10. It's just there to help indicate the new feature. All of these new items that influence skills in unique ways will start with +10 followed by red text. What that means is, it adds +2 projectiles to phantasmal blades. It's a bit clunky but the only way we figured we could add the feature. Only this and one or two others are coming in the hotfix but more will be added later.

As for occultist redux: as soon as I can figure out whether itd be good for balance, and the best way to ensure that it is.

# of level 85 characters I have atm: 7
Old 02-17-2017, 08:44 AM
Praetorian

Hotfix F
  • New Feature! We may now occasionally make items that change the way skills function. Some will be direct buffs, some may be conversion, some may be trade-offs, see below.
  • Made Demonslayer Garb set bonus give +2 phantasmal blade projectiles.
  • Made Shroud of Dreeg set bonus give Dreeg’s Evil Eye 5 more fragments, with longer range.
  • Merged Marauder set bonus, added 100% Firestrike lightning -> cold conversion.
  • Temporal Tempest: merged 1007, added 60% Panetti’s Replicating Missile elemental -> lightning conversion.
  • Life Essence now drops again! Let us know if anything else isn’t working with auto loot.
  • Buffed suffix - of the Badger slightly.
  • Removed elemental hit animation from Shred.
  • Toned down wraith constellation slightly.
  • Merged vanilla 1.0.0.8 jackal constellation cast speed.
  • Brought back Panther constellation crit dmg.
  • Toned Down enemy DA in normal and Veteran further.
  • Fixed chthonian fiend from Will of Bysmiel not scaling with pet dmg.
  • Lowered drop rate of health potions from bosses/heroes and some chests and raised price 150 -> 500. As a result of lower potions they will drop more random gear (common tier).
  • Aetherial Obelisks now correctly drop Aether Shards that can be autolooted.
  • Ancient Hearts, Manticore Eyes, Tainted Brain Matters, and Bloods of Ch'thon can now be correctly autolooted.
    Treasure Troves now drop autolootable Rare Materials.
  • Fixed certain one-shot chests not dropping autolootable Rare Materials.
  • Fixed certain boss chests (e.g., Loghorrean) not dropping autolootable Rare Materials.
  • All in all, autolootable Rare Materials should now be dropping from 500+ sources that they weren't before.

Last edited by adoomgod; 02-17-2017 at 08:47 AM.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:02 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoomgod View Post
Hotfix F
  • New Feature! We may now occasionally make items that change the way skills function. Some will be direct buffs, some may be conversion, some may be trade-offs, see below.
  • Made Demonslayer Garb set bonus give +2 phantasmal blade projectiles.
  • Made Shroud of Dreeg set bonus give Dreeg’s Evil Eye 5 more fragments, with longer range.
  • Merged Marauder set bonus, added 100% Firestrike lightning -> cold conversion.
  • Temporal Tempest: merged 1007, added 60% Panetti’s Replicating Missile elemental -> lightning conversion.
  • Life Essence now drops again! Let us know if anything else isn’t working with auto loot.
  • Buffed suffix - of the Badger slightly.
  • Removed elemental hit animation from Shred.
  • Toned down wraith constellation slightly.
  • Merged vanilla 1.0.0.8 jackal constellation cast speed.
  • Brought back Panther constellation crit dmg.
  • Toned Down enemy DA in normal and Veteran further.
  • Fixed chthonian fiend from Will of Bysmiel not scaling with pet dmg.
  • Lowered drop rate of health potions from bosses/heroes and some chests and raised price 150 -> 500. As a result of lower potions they will drop more random gear (common tier).
  • Aetherial Obelisks now correctly drop Aether Shards that can be autolooted.
  • Ancient Hearts, Manticore Eyes, Tainted Brain Matters, and Bloods of Ch'thon can now be correctly autolooted.
    Treasure Troves now drop autolootable Rare Materials.
  • Fixed certain one-shot chests not dropping autolootable Rare Materials.
  • Fixed certain boss chests (e.g., Loghorrean) not dropping autolootable Rare Materials.
  • All in all, autolootable Rare Materials should now be dropping from 500+ sources that they weren't before.
Damn, thats awesome changes, ty for update
Old 02-17-2017, 05:24 PM
Supporter

Glad you're starting with the skill altering items, that's one of the most interesting features to me.
The Lightning-converted PRM for example would probably be a lot better than the regular version, since you can use Arcane Bomb more efficiently for example, and it makes Spear better too.

Hope to see some fun mechanics there, might make some suggestions if I come up with any.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:43 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weyu View Post
Glad you're starting with the skill altering items, that's one of the most interesting features to me.
The Lightning-converted PRM for example would probably be a lot better than the regular version, since you can use Arcane Bomb more efficiently for example, and it makes Spear better too.

Hope to see some fun mechanics there, might make some suggestions if I come up with any.
Agreed, I've been waiting for the GD devs to do something like this for ages; glad you guys are picking up the mantle instead. Looking forward to more of these as you get into it.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:39 PM
Praetorian

Let me know how the power is on these now.

Old 02-18-2017, 04:34 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmane View Post
Agreed, I've been waiting for the GD devs to do something like this for ages; glad you guys are picking up the mantle instead. Looking forward to more of these as you get into it.
In total agreement here.

Hoping to see a Sigil of Consumption and/or Doombolt modifying item soon
Old 02-18-2017, 05:40 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDanza View Post
In total agreement here.

Hoping to see a Sigil of Consumption and/or Doombolt modifying item soon
Doombolt's pretty insane as is... and I hesitate to do anything extraordinary to nukes. If I ever did one for doombolt it'd probably just be conversion.. chaos or vit to lightning potentially, shamans could use a nuke.

Sigil has more room to gain effects beyond conversion... but I'm not going to look at skills and go, what can I do to them with an item. I'm going to look at items that are still bad and go "what skill is connected to this item's theme that I can add something to here." At the end of development I'll start learning to create new items and there I'll look more into playing around.

Old 02-18-2017, 04:36 PM
Initiate

I think I'm having an issue related to Cornucopia. For some reason I cannot remove the first point I spent in Dreeg's. Looks like this https://puu.sh/u8Vww/ed1c2716c5.jpg

I had placed a point in pretty much every bit of the skill so I'm assuming you guys changed something but it could be something that's there in Vanilla aswell.

Also, not regarding this mod is there any way to remove the visual effects of certain skills? Some effects are very annoying to see it all times like the Exclusive skills from at the very least Demolitionist(Ulzuin's Chosen?) and Possession from Occultist is also quite noticeable.

Last edited by erohakase; 02-18-2017 at 04:39 PM.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:19 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by erohakase View Post
I think I'm having an issue related to Cornucopia. For some reason I cannot remove the first point I spent in Dreeg's. Looks like this https://puu.sh/u8Vww/ed1c2716c5.jpg

I had placed a point in pretty much every bit of the skill so I'm assuming you guys changed something but it could be something that's there in Vanilla aswell.

Also, not regarding this mod is there any way to remove the visual effects of certain skills? Some effects are very annoying to see it all times like the Exclusive skills from at the very least Demolitionist(Ulzuin's Chosen?) and Possession from Occultist is also quite noticeable.
Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck. This is a consequence of us adding new hidden skills to skill lines that can only be activated by items, see shroud of dreeg change in last hotfix.

Not sure we can fix this. It means on whenever we add this feature to a skill, you will be locked into having one point in that skill if you choose to invest in it.

If you send me your character file in a .zip/.rar/.7zip i will fix it for you and send it back. But the problem will continue if you continue to invest in DEE.

If we can fix this we will, but if not we will just add red text to skills affected by it warning that it'll take 1 permanent skill point.