Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Gameplay Discussion

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 09-13-2018, 09:32 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceno View Post
And yet it came out pretty dang well. Don't see why you're hating on his build or the rifle, when it can clearly be put to good use either as-intended (Cadence) or otherwise (Savagery).
Not hating on it, Veteragna did all he could, but build is still average because set doesn't support Vindicator.
My main problem is with the Rifle, why can't we converse 100% of the damage from it is a mystery to me. Just a design flaw, imo, especially when you have Gildor's Pulverizer with 100% conversion.
  This is the last staff post in this thread.   #32  
Old 09-13-2018, 09:38 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Every weapon listed in this thread has been deleted for either being OP or UP.

Thank you for your cooperation.

There are definitely a few items in here that were due for some attention. Expect to see changes in v1.0.7.0.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:42 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
Yes, but your Savagery pierce vindicator is more of a gimmicky build, mate, no offense. And it's not your fault, you tried piecing together a pierce build with shaman with a set designed for a soldier. And look all of that physical damage leftover, yikes.

On the topic of swords: besides pierce swords (that are pretty great) we have Mindwarp (which absolutely op) and... that's about it, all other swords suck balls.
Maybe some time I'll remake it with Cadence and see what happens
About swords: I can say many 1H swords are nice, especially dedicated ones. Edge of Death, Crystallym, Reaver's Claw. But I partially agree, many 1H swords are bad at the same time.
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
Octavius injects a decilitre of horse hormones into untransmuted FW.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:49 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_Alucard View Post
Least favorites

1. Mad Queen's Claw - Honestly, the weapon is obviously intended for auto-attack + WPS but... No attack speed? It doesn't help that it is a sword with low phys->acid conversion while Rift Scourge Slicers (daggers, with pure acid damage and have more hits per second) exists, have total speed bonus and can roll with pretty good affixes.
For who you have to kill to get this item, it should be significantly better. I would enjoy seeing this receive a hefty buff, and feel it needs one as well.

# of level 100 characters I have atm: 73
Old 09-13-2018, 09:50 PM
Champion

On the topic of crappy swords: why is pagar's betrayal a sword in the first place? Every single stat on it is a caster stat and would be a natural fit for a caster weapon. I feel like someone is trolling everyone by having made it a sword, disqualifying it from everything that requires a caster weapon. If so, good job I guess, also because this is one of the rare chaos melee items... but of course isn't one.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:57 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avyctes View Post
On the topic of crappy swords: why is pagar's betrayal a sword in the first place? Every single stat on it is a caster stat and would be a natural fit for a caster weapon. I feel like someone is trolling everyone by having made it a sword, disqualifying it from everything that requires a caster weapon. If so, good job I guess, also because this is one of the rare chaos melee items... but of course isn't one.
I genuinely thought it was a dagger for the longest time until just yesterday when i found it was a sword. Definitely should be a dagger in my opinion.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:58 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
Every weapon listed in this thread has been deleted for either being OP or UP.

Thank you for your cooperation.

There are definitely a few items in here that were due for some attention. Expect to see changes in v1.0.7.0.
Just don't forget to buff Inquisitor and Forcewave, a class and a skill that were both overlooked by devs for too long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veretragna View Post
Maybe some time I'll remake it with Cadence and see what happens
It might be just better with Soldier and Cadence really, as I said, you did what was possible for an exotic build, not your fault Valdun's Rifle kinda sucks.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:16 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
I genuinely thought it was a dagger for the longest time until just yesterday when i found it was a sword. Definitely should be a dagger in my opinion.
I found out when I was looking for alternatives to fang of chton for a chaos dw melee build. This ... thing ... is one of the very few chaos themed one handers, its taking a valuable spot. Insult to injury, a high quality trolling indeed
Old 09-13-2018, 10:42 PM
Champion

On valdun: Valdun is still far from being worst, tho. It's not even meme level like Spark of Reality. It's good, just not on the level you expect it to be.

On Mindwarp/swords: Mindwarp might be OP, but it's a necessary evil to make Krieg builds (aka what the newbs will look for), work. Without it, only binders will be able to use Krieg set effectively.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:53 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1x1x1x2 View Post
On valdun: Valdun is still far from being worst, tho. It's not even meme level like Spark of Reality. It's good, just not on the level you expect it to be.
I second this. Really, it's just the low AS bonus and middling skill bonuses that leave it a tad behind the pack of really great sets.