Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Early Access > Ideas and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

The "falling off" is natural on Kickstarter projects. Here's a graph on the funding of succesful kickstarter projects over time:

Grim Dawn seems to be in that line. I predict that they average 7k-8k a day, until the end, when the funding suddenly increases. Personally, I have no doubt they reach their goal.

Ofcourse, every extra penny is worth it, so my comment is not meant to discourage you or anyone else from promoting Grim Dawn (Crate still needs the money), but to stop you from worrying.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerkyerk View Post
The "falling off" is natural on Kickstarter projects. Here's a graph on the funding of succesful kickstarter projects over time:

Grim Dawn seems to be in that line. I predict that they average 7k-8k a day, until the end, when the funding suddenly increases. Personally, I have no doubt they reach their goal.

Ofcourse, every extra penny is worth it, so my comment is not meant to discourage you or anyone else from promoting Grim Dawn (Crate still needs the money), but to stop you from worrying.
Why would the funding suddenly increase? Just wondering.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

I assume that's mainly because it's the last chance for people to get in. They've been pondering for the entire Kickstarter, postponing it. When the end nears, they want to be in. I also think this can be fuelled by the project devs that offer a good update/tier a few days before the end.

Anyway, Crate's doing a good job with updating the Kickstarter, which assures continued activity. There might be a few spikes as they bring out updates, but I reckon there's not going to be anything too fancy. With 56k to go, I estimate we're looking at 7 days from now till this gets 100% funded.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Supporter

Maybe Crate will do something just like Nekro did and add a teir or two that will interest alot of people with a few days left in the project if it doesnt look like they will hit the mark (which i cant see them not) by the end of it.

We are that much closer now.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Supporter

We've averaged around 7k a day the worst days seem to be Sunday. Last Sunday we only got close to 6k but yesterday we hit over 9k with over 200 backers which was the best day since the 24th. With new updates it just allows us to post the word and people take a look at whats new. They are more prone to looking into updates then just the actual advertisement of the game.

Tags
kickstarter