Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Developer Section > Announcements and Information

Notices

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 04-30-2012, 09:50 PM
Advocate

Has anyone form Crate been in touch with TB yet? In terms of raising the games' profile, which is arguably all it needs, positive input from him could make a substantial difference and add even more impetus to the Kickstarter.

Err...send in the clones.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:58 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhis View Post
As much as I like clones, this thread needs to get back on topic.
220K and 78% on the progress bar, discuss!

(go,go,Go!!!)
Old 04-30-2012, 10:27 PM
Supporter

Cool

I just got the Hoarders Edition just now so were $250 closer now. :-)

We are that much closer now.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:28 AM
Initiate

IMO the packages aren't that great which is probably explains why the numbers aren't moving much.

for example, you have to pledge $85 to get the future DLC.. why not included it with say the $50 or even $64 pledge?

Wasteland 2 KS brought 3X more money but also had better options which probably helped bring in a lot more cash.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:08 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post
IMO the packages aren't that great which is probably explains why the numbers aren't moving much.

for example, you have to pledge $85 to get the future DLC.. why not included it with say the $50 or even $64 pledge?

Wasteland 2 KS brought 3X more money but also had better options which probably helped bring in a lot more cash.
I noticed someone else talked about this today. I'm not against that because giving more options = more ways for people to pledge. But the biggest issue is I don't think they want people to downgrade from the 85 version. However what they should do is offer a package like your saying, then maybe give another digital incentive to the 85 dollar pledges etc.

The 85 pledge is digital so I suppose any additional digital content isnt a big deal.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:10 AM
Herald

Grim Dawn is still pulling in over $6,000 per day right now. If that holds all should be fine as far as meeting the goal. To exceed it, Crate is going to have to really entice people somehow, be it with a new video or something else to keep them excited.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:12 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kardiophylax View Post
Grim Dawn is still pulling in over $6,000 per day right now. If that holds all should be fine as far as meeting the goal. To exceed it, Crate is going to have to really entice people somehow, be it with a new video or something else to keep them excited.
I think a good gameplay video should keep things under control. I'm sure Crate's under a huge amount of pressure stress etc now as well.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:48 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post
40,000+ people pledged for basically just digital downloads with Wasteland 2, raising them over $750,000... An extra 39,000 backers for roughly the same packages here would move things a lot... so I don't think it is the packages that are an issue... more the volume of backers. Actually, in most of the big successes for video games on here, I don't see expansions in the tiers at all... Banner Saga is really the only one... unless I missed something somewhere...
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #519  
Old 05-01-2012, 03:17 AM
Crate Employee - Designer

Maybe the reward tiers have some effect and if we'd configured them differently from the start, we'd be a little better off but I doubt it would be more than a 10-15% difference, if even that. I mean Shadowrun has basically the same tier 1 as us, they just have 15.5k people in it instead of 2.5k

I think it really comes down to volume, not getting people to pledge higher. Our biggest issue, in my estimation, is that we're not an old-school game by a big-name designer that people want to resurrect and we hit at just about the time that the media got burnt out on Kickstarter stories. Not a big name + just covered 5 other Kickstarter projects = not that interested in another KS story.

That and the timing of D3 and TL2 doesn't help get ARPG players excited for a new game that won't be out for a year. Few people see ARPG as this dead or desperately under-served genre right now that needs more games. Unfortunately, this is the time it had to be. We couldn't really have done it a year ago and we certainly can't wait another year. That's just how things work out sometimes. I mean, when we started working on Grim Dawn, we didn't even know Torchlight existed yet and D3 seemed so far away. Had we been luckier, TL2 and D3 would have shipped last year, as they had originally intended and some people would be looking forward to the next ARPG on the horizon.

So, all things considered, I think we're doing rather well. It at least demonstrates that our success doesn't just hinge on luck and opportune timing. I think the best course right now, is to continue trying to get more attention and that is what we're focused on.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:29 AM
Campaigner

Well, I finally got off my behind and backed via the $85 tier. I'm additionally already a legendary supporter but Crate can keep my extra $48

I think we're just currently in a lull during the middle section of the KS. There was the crazy excitement during the initial announcement which saw us get 100k in no time. I think as we near the end there might be a mad rush as well. But based on our current trajectory, I think we should at least meet the goal fairly easily.

Tags
forum use, game key, kickstarter, pvp, website