Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > News In Gaming

Notices

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 04-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zidders View Post
some people just really like well made vehicles
And those people don't drive Ferrari's, lol. Anyway, on-topic; I don't mind the forum tag (although it will inevitably cause elitism, look at other boards who have such a monetary system, for example), but buying convenience items (extra storage) for real money already crosses the border for me.

Than again, big bucks are to be made from selling stuff that gives an advantage, if you do it well (look at Battlefield Heroes). Anyway, this is enough reason for me to stay away from the game. I prefer buying a game and getting the same stuff as everyone else, rather than buying micro advantages all the time and end up spending hundreds of bucks. Or don't spend anything at all because the advantages aren't worth it (like I did in LoL). Than I just feel cheap for not supporting something I would support if it had an acceptable monetary trade-off.

Last edited by yerkyerk; 04-06-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Initiate

lol why does the discussion about games always some down to mine is bigger than yours? Im supporting, POE, will support Grim Dawn, will suport Diablo 3, each has pros and cons, and Im sure I will enjoy playing all of them. We all have individual likes and dislikes, I learned a long time ago that what I like isnt necessarily what evey one like, yet daily I see fan boys try to tell everyone that what they like is the only good thing. Lets just be happy there are game developers out there turning out such great games.

I just happen to have found the Grim Dawn and the POE sites about the same time last year, and have followed both since then. It amazes me that people make comments about POEs shortness or lack of content, when it is in beta, content has increased steadily, and it is very clear that there will be much more by the release date. On the other hand one year later there is no real visible change to Grim Dawn, and accordking to the state of the game post it is still a year away. So to critized POEs developers is questionable.

Good luck to both games and developers, and please just go about making a great game and dont pay to much attention to people posting.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostPain View Post

I just happen to have found the Grim Dawn and the POE sites about the same time last year, and have followed both since then. It amazes me that people make comments about POEs shortness or lack of content, when it is in beta, content has increased steadily, and it is very clear that there will be much more by the release date. On the other hand one year later there is no real visible change to Grim Dawn, and accordking to the state of the game post it is still a year away. So to critized POEs developers is questionable.
I'm sure PoE has more than 2 people working full time, which is the number of people developing Grim Dawn full time(plus a handful of part timers).

I think PoE has been in development since 2006. Most games companies would be working on their game for another year or two before they even let on what title they had, not so Crate, we are seeing things develop from almost the day dot. Give them some slack.

... wait is that awesome? ok, how about - its like you're drunk and a grizzly bear is punching you but... no wait... its like you're drunk, you punch a grizzly bear in the face but the bear is also drunk, so it just explodes into gibs."

Last edited by Chameleon; 04-06-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Praetorian

there been a few updates on Grimdawn, yes we not seeing alpha yet, but I think the recent vid shows that the game is coming along nicely, and the more recent update on the game that med posted about general play area and such what

we are seeing the game pretty early, from many publisher held titles, we wouldn't really see anything this early, or maybe some rumours and the occasional screenshot

its coming, just need a bit of time, and there aren't many people doing the game, full time, hopefully the up coming KS project that is planned will help there

but yes, give the devs slack

Co-op Digital Deluxe Bundle supporter I hope GD is a success
Old 04-06-2012, 03:59 PM
Supporter

If people want to buy their way into beta and support a game, even if with 1000$ then so be it. No one is forcing you to buy, or to support it with cash.

As for the release CS, GGG said they will never go pay to win. If they keep their word, we can't know yet. Aside from cosmetic items, which some people are crazy for btw, they also plan to create custom leagues for money; leagues with your own rules in them.

Now I'm not 100% sure how it'll al work out, but I can see this working. Especially when tons of people ASKED GGG to allow them to buy beta keys; people asked for it, the devs would have to be crazy to refuse.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Initiate

My comments arent meant as a negative to the Grim Dawn developers, just responding to comments made about the lack of story, content etc. in POE. POE may have more people working on iit now, but it started from sratch with just a few people, and they didnt have an existing game engine (TQ) to start with.

Both games are going to be great, my point is, lets just enjoy the riches and enjoy both without trying to pick apart what someone else is doing. I just wanted to point out to the developers what another team was doing, maybe they can see the potential.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:01 AM
Initiate

I'm glad GGG did what they did and how they did

First of all, they gave us a wonderful game imo. They also made a good chunk of it available to the public early on a sliding scale. $10-$1000 thats a very wide margin and the only one you don't get a supporter tag is the 10 dollar amount so i can still drive a VW and get the tag showing my support of an awesome game and Dev's that care to stick by a promise of no pay to play and no pay to win

i seriously wish Grim Dawn will do the same, as i am sure it is also an awesome game unlike d3 which will probably most likely be fun but mediocre at best
Old 04-08-2012, 11:07 AM
Supporter

After reflecting on some of the things I posted about PoE, I've had a complete rethink. I overreacted on things that I said and can understand what the devs are trying to do as long as they stay on the 'no pay too win' path.

The game is fun and the skill tree makes for some interesting builds. The MP also works very well. I started to feel guilty playing it and enjoying it for free so decided to pay the same amount that a normal game would cost (around 30), to invest in it's future. That buys the Bronze pack.
Closed Thread

Tags
poe