Old 01-26-2015, 11:49 AM
Advocate

I hope to re-create a number of the mods that were in TQ Defiler for GD Defiler...a lot of those (including that one) I didn't create originally though. I'm not nearly as good with assembly as the guys that created those, but I'll do what I can to bring them back.

Soul

Quote:
I hate when people quote themselves in their signature. -me
Old 01-27-2015, 12:14 AM
Acolyte

It would be cool if there was a tool that copied or saved your transfer.gst file somewhere when you pressed a button and then re-saves that file over the current transfer.gst file that is still there. This way you could easily take things or put things in stash, copy the file, take stuff out, and "paste" the file back to make duplicating things easier.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:32 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgizle View Post
It would be cool if there was a tool that copied or saved your transfer.gst file somewhere when you pressed a button and then re-saves that file over the current transfer.gst file that is still there. This way you could easily take things or put things in stash, copy the file, take stuff out, and "paste" the file back to make duplicating things easier.
You still have to alt-tab out of the game to use the tool and back in, so that hardly saves anything
Old 01-27-2015, 02:35 AM
Advocate

Alright, I've republished GD Defiler just now and removed the build expiration aspect until further notice...sorry for the delay in getting it republished! Please let me know if you have any issues!

Soul

Quote:
Old 01-27-2015, 02:56 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgizle View Post
I think what he means(or I understood completely differently but I'm writing because it is a pretty good idea),

Ok hold on, I assume this applies: when playing the game, it reads the files each time and doesn't check for integrity. in TQ when I edited my gold in TQ Defiler, -->while game and char open<-- ...It worked.

So, If you change the transfer.gst file while playing the game, it would work.

Then, someone can create a program that looks for keys, alt+[0-9] and alt+1 would bring me my first transfer.gst file, alt+2 would bring me my second transfer.gst file and so on... All while playing the same char, without alt-tab. in game.

Actually I just checked and this should be pretty easy, you can detect a key press outside of the game(about 25~ lines of code we can detect key presses in c#, searching for "how to write a keylogger in c#") and copy/save files from/to a directory seems pretty basic too. I think this can be done in like 50~ lines of code by just copy pasting. Point is, if anyone is interested in doing this, they can probably achieve this in one afternoon and help some people

And looking at tq defiler etc., someone at souls skill level can do this in 5~ mins if they wanted Plus, it fits the purpose of defiler. It is still a file manager, its not like you need to edit the game memory to do copy/paste files from a directory. Would be a good feature.

If anyone is interested in writing a trainer, another interesting thing I noticed was that we can teleport our character. i.e., I opened cheat engine, searched for "all values", moved my char a bit up, searched for "increased values" and vice-versa. did this about a dozen times and with some luck, I found the address of "some coordinate"
I was able to teleport my character by changing that value. I saved that value in a "pointer table(i think thats what it called?)" on cheat engine which allowed me to load the same table and it would work. I didn't need to look for that "address" again. I was like a retarded superman. Sometimes crossing bridges, but mostly teleporting myself into sea and breaking the game.

This proved one thing tho, "we can find the coordinate address from cheat engine, and teleport ourselves. so a game trainer for teleport can be written"

And since bosses spawn on predefined places, or at least they have some spots, someone could write a trainer for teleport and we can press "alt+1" to fight with warden, "alt+2" to fight with cronley etc. Combine this with transfer.gst manager and you get the ultimate farming tool.

One thing to note, I tested in short distances and it worked. But I don't know how this would behave on long distances. Maybe a loading screen, or maybe a crash, or maybe it would work just fine but assets would appear with delay.

If someone does this, once someone starts editing memory, it can get even more interesting because once we are able to change our location by editing memory, and there is already trainers for changing hp values etc., we can make our shitty scripting framework and make mods like "fun mode: run all bosses with only %10 of your hp". Or since we are already monitoring key presses we can have a "if you have no potions left, when you press 9, use a potion and remove 1000 gold" or "when you hp is below 20%, automatically use a potion". This wouldn't be easy tho.

Just food for thought, sorry got a bit drifted away ^_^
To those that ask, yes I still fuck with grim dawn, I enjoy it, especially with grimmalion/diablo 3 mods(rip after extension?). and no, grimcalc is obsolote. Use grimtools. Its better. I can update grimcalc right now, but I am not sure if I should, or if I should keep it at v1009 since there is not much reason to create new builds in gc.
The remainder of this page is intentionally left blank ╮(︶︿︶)╭
Old 01-27-2015, 09:50 PM
Advocate

The thing is not, that we couldn't. The thing is we (or, rather most of us ) don't want yet, as making such programms and especially publishing them will cause a lot more unnecessary trouble for the devs.

Most of such programms do have bugs, at latest when a new build comes out and pointers get shifted and old trainers change wrong stuff which makes the game crash -> people will report bugs that are actually not there as they were caused by external tools -> crate spends a lot of time searching those bugs without result -> lot of wasted time.

I've already written a few similar tools but didn't publish them for this reason and also won't before final release, when we get modding tools and the devs don't unnecessarily search for bugs which are not existing.

Greetings
Elfe

PS: Shame on those who do!
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #187  
Old 01-27-2015, 11:45 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfe View Post
I've already written a few similar tools but didn't publish them for this reason and also won't before final release, when we get modding tools and the devs don't unnecessarily search for bugs which are not existing.
And we appreciate that.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:53 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
And we appreciate that.
Yeah I'm in the same boat with Elfe on that, which is why the GD Defiler didn't let you save changes made to characters (back when we could). No one wants to introduce that level of difficulty when it comes to troubleshooting the source of bugs or problems, you could potentially even be in multiplayer doing this stuff and cause the OTHER person running a vanilla/unmodified game to crash, who then sends in a crash report that would make no sense at all.

It would just be a bad time for everyone lol. I do really like the well thought out list of ideas though Stormcaller, a few of those may definitely be something I'll look to add in the near future.

Soul

Quote:
Old 01-28-2015, 11:27 PM
Herald

You guys aren't throwing the curve, are you?
Old 01-29-2015, 12:00 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind Dragon View Post
You guys aren't throwing the curve, are you?
What ???

Tags
tools