View Single Post
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1  
Old 10-25-2017, 01:50 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Default Chinese Translation Versions

It has been brought to my attention that there has been some misunderstanding/miscommunication within the Chinese community regarding the recent translation efforts.

There now appear to be two groups that wish to translate the game, but there seems to be little to no communication between them.

It has also been brought to my attention that the 'alternate' translation was partially based on a version of the original translation group's work without their consent.

Until this matter is resolved, we have pulled the alternate translation from being available for download within the game.

At the end of the day though, it is the Chinese community that suffers over squabbles and misunderstandings. I feel it is best for the community as a whole if the two groups discuss this matter and come to an understanding over the future of the Chinese translation. Frankly, pooling your resources seems like the wisest solution to me, but it is a matter I leave to you.

If cooperation is for some reason not an option though and the issue over plagiarism is resolved or the alternate translation is made without reusing materials from another translation, then we will be happy to put it back as an option.