Grim Dawn Forums

Grim Dawn Forums (http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Development Updates (http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Kickstarter Project from HELL! (http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3215)

medierra 03-26-2012 08:40 AM

Kickstarter Project from HELL!

Sorry if I got anyone overly excited, THE LINK IS NOT UP YET! :p

Just wanted to update you guys since I've pretty much been working on this god damned beast of a Kickstarter project for about 4 days now and haven't produced any GD updates.

Man, I knew this was going to be some work but its taken a lot more time and been more of a challenge than I was expecting. Not only have I learned that my friends and I are not professional film people but trying to write out the story of your "life's work" for the past two years in a way that will interest and impact other people is really tough.

I feel like I am honing in on a final product but even when I'm finished, I feel like there will still be so much left unsaid. :undecided:

Actually, that reminds me, one of the pledge rewards I've been thinking about is a book to tell the story of Crate Entertainment and cover the development of Grim Dawn.

eisprinzessin 03-26-2012 08:49 AM

I can certainly relate to your concerns. I have a quite similar experience when working on a new article for the Game Info and Features forum. That said: keep it short and sexy.

medierra 03-26-2012 08:54 AM

Haha, yes, I'm sure you can relate to how sometimes simple updates can take a long time to get out.

Ooh, I'm looking forward to loot! I've often wondered about that myself.

i.n.s.a.n.e 03-26-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by medierra (Post 50078)
Ooh, I'm looking forward to loot! I've often wondered about that myself.

Hehehe, you funny thing! =))

Quote:

Originally Posted by medierra (Post 50078)
Actually, that reminds me, one of the pledge rewards I've been thinking about is a book to tell the story of Crate Entertainment and cover the development of Grim Dawn.

Would love that. =)

Anyway, good to hear about Kickstarter, can't wait to what you come up with!

...now to save some more money to be able to afford it, heh...

deathwings51 03-26-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by medierra (Post 50075)
Sorry if I got anyone overly excited, THE LINK IS NOT UP YET! :p

You will pay for this :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by medierra (Post 50075)

That would be pretty neat :)

matthewfarmery 03-26-2012 11:18 AM

+bring it on, we want the link now!!!

but seriously, I sure you will do well, so take your time to get things right first time, Im sure it will be well worth the effect

varsovie 03-26-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eisprinzessin (Post 50077)
That said: keep it short and sexy.

A photo of the team in bikini!

:D

matthewfarmery 03-26-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by varsovie (Post 50100)
A photo of the team in bikini!

:D

that's has my vote for sure

Harlequin 03-26-2012 12:59 PM

Just take your time and do it right.^^
It is actually quite exciting to see you in a video talking about GD. Maybe you can get Rhis to make an appearance?

Anyway be confident medierra, you have an amazing product to sell. :)

Scryer 03-26-2012 01:24 PM

I have seen a few awkward videos on Kickstarter and I don’t doubt that they’ve put more than a few people off from donating to the project.

In my opinion – write a script, act out your lines before getting on camera, and practice the speech or dialogue.

Edit out anything that’s awkward or retake the shot differently.

It also might help to segment the tape with some face-to-face dialog and game-play + dialogue.

Do not stare blankly/indifferently at the camera! Make sure no one does this... it's really strange to see someone do this who wants your money. Lol.

Also, if you do decide to show more of the team on film, make sure it’s brief, or at least make sure no one lingers on screen too long. (That doesn't contribute to the dialogue).

Good luck!

Maybe we should have a pre-viewing to make suggestions?