X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elder Scrolls Online!

Not that I'm a fan of MMO's, but I love the Elder Scrolls series! Check it out!

Well, I feel really odd about this one. It has the potential to be incredibly awesome. I imagine a lot of Elder Scrolls fans have wanted the opportunity to cover all of Tamriel in one game. But coming off the back of Skyrim so soon, I can't help but feel a lot of people might pick this up and say "this just doesn't feel like Skyrim".

I suppose we're going to have to wait and see what they have planned in terms of game systems and so forth. I'd be all over this one as long as it still has the Elder Scrolls feel to it.
    My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/klo0ga

Comment

right with you kluga, i LOVE elder scrolls

But MMO hmm, and we have yet to know who the devs are other than zenimax (which own bethesda yes but its not bethesda)
      Currently playing : The Pit : Sword of the stars / Dota 2 / Don't Starve / Age of Empires 2 : Forgotten Empires / Dishonored / Antichamber

Steam Username : Skellt

Comment

Originally posted by Skellt View Post
        right with you kluga, i LOVE elder scrolls

But MMO hmm, and we have yet to know who the devs are other than zenimax (which own bethesda yes but its not bethesda)
        This is an important note of distinction. It was NOT developed by the same team that worked on Skyrim.

Comment

I had a good laugh when I heard they are going to make TES game MMO...

There was never even a single fuc-ing online option in the games...jees, idiots! Go on, ruin everything you touch! =(
          --TQ:IT Death Effects Mod maker (DEM), Former ASYLUMSMOD, Masteries & Krater(alpha) Tester, Masteries Calculator maker--

Thorough GD info here: www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=71628&postcount=1

Best music label of all times: www.g7welcomingcommittee.com/

"Boxed Deluxe Edition" support

Comment

I hope its a flop really, if this takes off, it may stop other SP games from been made, then again, skyrim and oblivion weren't that good anyway IMO
            Legendary key holder since 20/12/2010

Co-op Digital Deluxe Bundle supporter I hope GD is a success

Comment

As a non-MMO player, I'm really reaaally afraid for the license. But if the job is well done and does not impact the future solo games, it's not a problem. I' won't buy it anyway.
              Just a good o' PC game collector who abhors dematerialisation.
              Legendary fan who fell in love with Grim Dawn since Valentine's Day 2012, yet happy owner of a
              Kickstarter's Hoarder's Edition.

Comment

I hate MMOs so I have zero interest in this, however I do hope it turns out good for those that do like those types of games.
                Legendary Fan turned Digital Deluxe Edition Backer
                Unabashed CDProjektRED fan

Currently Playing: Bayonetta 2, Costume Quest 1 & 2

Comment

Not crazy about a MMO ES games, but going to at least wait and see what they have in mind.
                  "I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic."

Comment

Teaser From Gameinformer

i have not watched it, i will tonight as at work i have no sound on my PC
                    Currently playing : The Pit : Sword of the stars / Dota 2 / Don't Starve / Age of Empires 2 : Forgotten Empires / Dishonored / Antichamber

Comment

I've a feeling that this will inevitably fall into the same pitfall that the majority of MMO's fall into, grinding for gear end-game, etc. There will be no "yea I just kicked that daedra's ass!", it will be "only 8 more to kill to finish this quest.."

Comment

ok now i order you guys, who are interested in any Elderscrolls news
                        watch this.
                        Alpha info from Alpha version of the game from OMFGCata on youtube
                        Elder Scrolls Online Alpha Review

i have to say, if all he says is true, i'll play, and pay, if needed

Comment

They should've made an online feature with Morrowind. Oblivion was awful. Skyrim was ok, but still not good enough to finish let alone replay. Now it is too late. Not interested.
                          Mentally absent

Comment

Originally posted by Gibly View Post
                            They should've made an online feature with Morrowind. Oblivion was awful. Skyrim was ok, but still not good enough to finish let alone replay. Now it is too late. Not interested.
                            Huh?
                            Did you even read anything about the game? if so you'll have to explain that statement because it makes no sense.

ESO is the whole world, and if you're anything close to a fan of elder scrolls you'll know this is before the 3rd era and that oblivion was not even close to exist.

Cyrodil is there but is not conquered by anyone..

So at least inform yourself

Comment

Just because it encompasses the entire world instead of the loose continents doesn't make a difference. Just because Oblivion/Skyrim didn't exist during the same time span ESO occurs... The developers went a certain direction when it comes to filling areas with content. And it blows to say it mildly. So what makes you think they will suddenly go back on the path they've taken? What makes you believe they'll deliver an experience close to Daggerfall+Morrowind?

Even if they make the continent of Morrowind look the same as with the game in the past. It won't even come close to the atmosphere created by the many books that spoke in detail about various religions, sects and more. Let alone have them be presented actively. The drama and intrigue that drew me in will most likely not be re-created.
                              Mentally absent

Comment

Working...
                              X