X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will they reach the $280k goal?

Is there anyone rich here? someone who $8k means nothing? Help them out!

Anyone on this forum rich enough to do so would have already by now

Your heart is certainly in the right place and I applaud you for that. However, we've just tipped 90% of the target goal. I think we're going to be ok
    My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/klo0ga

Comment

It's funny, I keep feeling like we're getting near the end and look at the days left and think "omg, only 15 more!" Really though, we just his the halfway point.

Comment

Originally posted by medierra View Post
        It's funny, I keep feeling like we're getting near the end and look at the days left and think "omg, only 15 more!" Really though, we just his the halfway point.
        As soon as I get paid I'm going to support the cause as much as I can. That's why getting the word out will be so important for this game.

Comment

That's exactly how I'm feeling. I have these moments of panic where I think there's just not enough time! I do have to keep reminding myself that we indeed have plenty of time to reach (and exceed) the goal. I think the feelings just stem from an emotional investment and just really wanting the KS to succeed.
          My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/klo0ga

Comment

I have to admit, after the first couple days when pledges started to drop off, I'd wake up every morning feeling sick to my stomach, wondering how low it was going to go before finally plateauing off. I had a little fear that we might start out well and then end up dead in the water midway through like the TakeDown project. When it plateaued off around $7-$8k, I felt a lot better but the last couple weeks have still been nail-biting.

Now it looks like it is just a matter of how far beyond the minimal goal we'll go, so that's at least a bit of a relief.

Comment

It's a shame. Honestly you guys have presented a much more promising result than either Wasteland 2 or The Banner Saga. The first has only concept art to show so far, and the second has really only some art and a single video. You have so much more to show, full gameplay videos, mind blowing music, art and a great setting.

While I think the progress HAS been really good, it's basically only 30k to reach the goal now with 15 days left, I think it has definitely been damaged by the clash between the KS campaign and the release of Diablo 3. It's all people are talking about right now, it's one of the biggest games ever with a huge following all across the globe, and it is a direct competitor in the same genre.

As you've said there's really not much that can be done about it. Many people also probably felt a bit burned out after WL2 and tBS' KS campaigns. I think it is slightly unfair, given the lack of an engine for WL2 and very little game play footage of tBS to be honest.

Comment

Yes they will reach their goal and digital sales is the best way to go!

Comment

Every few days I compute the amount of money needed per day for GD to reach its goal (yes, I'm that obsessive!) Every time I do, the required amount per day goes down.

That means the kickstarter project has been consistently been performing better than it needs to in order to meet the initial target. I'm not worried!

Comment

Really hope they do well on kickstarter, I heard about Grim Dawn while poking about on kickstarter and now have recommended several of my friends also support Grim Dawn. I have my fingers crossed for you guys!

Comment

I beleive so, yes. Goal will be reached
                      www.kickstarter.com/profile/troublegirl

Comment

I have to admit, after the first couple days when pledges started to drop off, I'd wake up every morning feeling sick to my stomach, wondering how low it was going to go before finally plateauing off. I had a little fear that we might start out well and then end up dead in the water midway through like the TakeDown project. When it plateaued off around $7-$8k, I felt a lot better but the last couple weeks have still been nail-biting.

Now it looks like it is just a matter of how far beyond the minimal goal we'll go, so that's at least a bit of a relief.
                        Yeah, I had this feeling too, but I'm sure you're experience was a bit more intense.

I'm glad that things are progressing. Definitely people getting out the word and reddit helped! It also helps that, in your posts, you come across very fair minded, take an interest in your fans, and are passionate about the game.

The more I read the past forum posts, the more I find that the game captures my imagination. I look forward to playing it.
                        "And the only people I fear are those who never have doubts", Billy Joel, Shades of Grey

Comment

i thinks so too. although at first, i thought it would have surpassed the goal by an absurd amount, until the pledges reduced in numbers. but at least, almost 300k funding are a good achievement.

Comment

Originally posted by Cynic View Post
                            It's a shame. Honestly you guys have presented a much more promising result than either Wasteland 2 or The Banner Saga. The first has only concept art to show so far, and the second has really only some art and a single video. You have so much more to show, full gameplay videos, mind blowing music, art and a great setting.

While I think the progress HAS been really good, it's basically only 30k to reach the goal now with 15 days left, I think it has definitely been damaged by the clash between the KS campaign and the release of Diablo 3. It's all people are talking about right now, it's one of the biggest games ever with a huge following all across the globe, and it is a direct competitor in the same genre.
                            I completely agree. I don't think any other game presentation has been as comprehensive as Crate's. It kills me to see the total so (relatively) low.

That said we do look like going past the goal by a bit, a long way past would be nice.

I was sooooo looking forward to what you would post as a reach goal if this took off...

1mill - Mac port and more content.

2mill - Lots more content and killer bunnies!

5mill - Gold plated walking gun turret "pet" for everyone!

10mill - Grim Dawn The Musical!! Uh I mean Grim Dawn the MMO!!
                            Last edited by Chameleon; 05-04-2012, 12:38 PM.
                            medierra
                            "When you play GD it will feel like being punched in the face by a drunk grizzly bear. Thats how awesome it is.

... wait is that awesome? ok, how about - its like you're drunk and a grizzly bear is punching you but... no wait... its like you're drunk, you punch a grizzly bear in the face but the bear is also drunk, so it just explodes into gibs."

Comment

Oh yes, Grim Dawn on Broadway. It is only a matter of time.

Comment

Working...
                              X