So I was watching The Thing and doing a bit of thinking about what fun it would be if you could play as the monster instead of being a metal wrapped squishy hunting them.
I think the current explanation for the origin of Grim Dawn's monsters and hero powers is the dimensional warp or void or something, anyhow what if someone was twisted by the evil in body but managed to retain their mind?
My class idea is this:
> Less gear focused, perhaps passive bonuses can be part of the skill tree which would increase if less or lighter equipment was worn.
> Compatible with a caster class
> Abilities that use up 'body mass' or health, necessitating the need to replenish it often.
>Abilities based on mutability of the character's body. For example
- Disgorging a number of short lifespan, parasitic creatures that attack nearby monster before dying/exploding
- Leaping onto an enemy (a bit like the witch in L4D), devastating to a single enemy but would leave you vulnerable to anything nearby. This attack could regenerate your health partially.
- Shooting out tendrils that take over one or more enemies and puppet them around, forcing them to attack your foes.
- Extending your arm out long distance to grab an enemy and hurl them.
- huge jaws quickly grow out of your body to bite at nearby enemies
- Spraying digestive fluids onto enemies, allowing you to regain health by attacking them.
Might be good for an expansion where the world has been explored further and more unusual things have been discovered.