Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Gameplay Discussion

Old 01-14-2019, 11:03 PM
Acolyte

The effect I was noticing was a massive loss in health, with a continued health drain. I backed off and tried to let it recover, recovery happen but it was quite some time before my regen kicked in and overpowered the loss. Went back in and tried to finish the job but the same thing happened again only this time my regen did not overpower the health loss when i backed off and since my potion was still on cool down, ---|-{@.

Same thing happened with Gargabol only the flame jets did for more than just about anything else. Well that and I still don't have the timing down on dodging his punches when I go in, which necessitated some backpedaling which ran me through the jets.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:30 PM
Emissary

I had a bit of free time and took a look and think about your troubles with Hellwraith. He has 2 sources of burn to stack:
-6s aura activated fairly soon after spawn (fire/burn)
-projectiles for phys/fire/burn (your armor should soak the physcial)

Quick and dirty calc:

-This doesn't account for Savagery's damage boost, though. Which could amount to maybe 2x this base leech once you get full charges up (you don't have that much lightning support).

-Feral hunger leech is 23% chance for use, so bit of luck needed at the correct time for this leech source.
-Devouring swarm leech is probably neglegible.

1. you may not be leeching as much health as you think.

Also, Unstoppable (relic proc) is activated by a crit on you, which is unlikely to happen at that point because your DA is high enough to remove the crit threat for that particular monster.
-Which means Mehnir's Will (which has relatively small regen boost) heal and Mercy heal are your circuit breaker heals. Mercy has a 50s cd and MW has 10s uptime and 12s downtime.

2. you also may have less triggered regen than you think. ~250? health per sec with MW active.

Also, I did not include RR from Assasin's Mark as I don't know if it is proccing that frequently with that OA . You need a crit for AM to proc and I'm not sure what value is required at that point in the game; you might be in the 5% crit chance range. You should mouse-over your OA on occasion, to see where that number stands vs some of these targets.

Last edited by hammyhamster1; 01-15-2019 at 01:06 AM.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:22 AM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammyhamster1 View Post
I had a bit of free time and took a look and think about your troubles with Hellwraith. He has 2 sources of burn to stack:
-6s aura activated fairly soon after spawn (fire/burn)
-projectiles for phys/fire/burn (your armor should soak the physcial)

Quick and dirty calc:

-This doesn't account for Savagery's damage boost, though. Which could amount to maybe 2x this base leech once you get full charges up (you don't have that much lightning support).

-Feral hunger leech is 23% chance for use, so bit of luck needed at the correct time for this leech source.
-Devouring swarm leech is probably neglegible.

1. you may not be leeching as much health as you think.

Also, Unstoppable (relic proc) is activated by a crit on you, which is unlikely to happen at that point because your DA is high enough to remove the crit threat for that particular monster.
-Which means Mehnir's Will (which has relatively small regen boost) heal and Mercy heal are your circuit breaker heals. Mercy has a 50s cd and MW has 10s uptime and 12s downtime.

2. you also may have less triggered regen than you think. ~250? health per sec with MW active.

Also, I did not include RR from Assasin's Mark as I don't know if it is proccing that frequently with that OA . You need a crit for AM to proc and I'm not sure what value is required at that point in the game; you might be in the 5% crit chance range. You should mouse-over your OA on occasion, to see where that number stands vs some of these targets.
Boy do I have a lot to learn about all the ins and out about this game.

I've been playing closer attention to the debuffs I'm getting hit with and I think the main issue is internal trauma. That is the one that seems to last the longest and give my health bar fits about recovering from.

And I think the only thing that protects against that is physical resistance?

Hmm, picked up a pair of Mythical Chauses of Barbaros, of which this pair has 2% physical resistance so that is something.

Last edited by Painwright; 01-15-2019 at 02:42 PM.