Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Ideas and Feedback

Old 03-15-2019, 05:31 PM
Herald

Donīt want to be Devilīs Advocate but this is a Bleeding Set, too. Yeah, not a great one but not bad either.

The CDR can be nice for example RoS, with CoS one of the main damage sources.

I donīt mind adding some pierce support (especially for Fist) just want to say there are different uses for this Set.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:49 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylthar View Post
Donīt want to be Devilīs Advocate but this is a Bleeding Set, too. Yeah, not a great one but not bad either.

I donīt mind adding some pierce support (especially for Fist) just want to say there are different uses for this Set.
My thoughts are the same. I've personally wanted the set to be built around cooldown Phantasmal Blades or Ring of Steel in the past.

Both are main hand-only skills as well so this gets around the issue of the Fist not having any armour piercing for builds that want to use it for Pierce damage.

I'd like the Razor's Armour Piercing to increase to 40% or 50% and for it to have skill bonuses to Phantasmal Blades or Ring of Steel/Circle of Slaughter.

Edit: I also like the idea of giving it Elemental->Pierce conversion.

Last edited by Evil_Baka; 03-15-2019 at 05:57 PM.
Old 03-16-2019, 01:01 AM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylthar View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Baka View Post
My thoughts are the same. I've personally wanted the set to be built around cooldown Phantasmal Blades or Ring of Steel in the past.

Both are main hand-only skills as well so this gets around the issue of the Fist not having any armour piercing for builds that want to use it for Pierce damage.

I'd like the Razor's Armour Piercing to increase to 40% or 50% and for it to have skill bonuses to Phantasmal Blades or Ring of Steel/Circle of Slaughter.

Edit: I also like the idea of giving it Elemental->Pierce conversion.
RoS needs skill modifier to be good. And epic items can't have skill modifier.

Phantasmal blade is the same. Most of the successful PB build used their dedicated items and set. Also, it consumes so much energy, so DW build is not effective for PB.

Regarding bleed, it's the only damage type that can't be converted to. Best that they can do in this epic set maybe giving a proc that deals pierce & bleed, also gives some flat bleed on the weapons.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2019, 01:36 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejabrixone View Post
RoS needs skill modifier to be good. And epic items can't have skill modifier.

Phantasmal blade is the same. Most of the successful PB build used their dedicated items and set. Also, it consumes so much energy, so DW build is not effective for PB.

Regarding bleed, it's the only damage type that can't be converted to. Best that they can do in this epic set maybe giving a proc that deals pierce & bleed, also gives some flat bleed on the weapons.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
I'll take your word for RoS as I have never played it.

Pierce cd PBlades Infiltrator can hit pretty high numbers on a shotgun crit. 2 second cooldown and Belgothian's Carnage mean they can throw fairly often too. Energy is a problem but I imagine Inspiration, Energy Leech and Energy potions help out with that.

I really just want more gear support for Pierce PBlades .
Old 03-16-2019, 02:00 AM
Lord Advocate

Quote:

Pierce cd PBlades Infiltrator can hit pretty high numbers on a shotgun crit. 2 second cooldown and Belgothian's Carnage mean they can throw fairly often too. Energy is a problem but I imagine Inspiration, Energy Leech and Energy potions help out with that.

I actually tested Pierce cd PB Infiltrator with a two-hander (legendary crossbow with +2 to all skills) and it kinda sucked. Pretty mediocre damage and shitty survivability (and it's a freaking Infiltrator).

To posters advocating for bleed - we all know that you can't make a good set for two elements that have different devotion\skills\gear support. So either make it a fully Pierce set dedicated to Shadow Strike/Ring of Steel or make it a Bleeding set (but we kinda have enough Bleeding options already imo).
Old 03-16-2019, 02:14 AM
Emissary

If you want pierce blind assassin,have to use different weapon and break full set bonus and that sucks.Really agreed that needs bonus to shadow strike or RoS with conduit and gloves will provide enough damage to challenge cold version.
Old 03-16-2019, 02:22 AM
Herald

Quote:

you actually have a good one right now:
https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/11695

Still need other off hand support, but it's a good start.

Piercing shadow strike have no support at all, maybe only this amulet. Well, current shadow strike is always lack of support. Previously we have N&O, but its effectiveness need questioning now.
Old 03-16-2019, 02:24 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
I actually tested Pierce cd PB Infiltrator with a two-hander (legendary crossbow with +2 to all skills) and it kinda sucked. Pretty mediocre damage and shitty survivability (and it's a freaking Infiltrator).
Did you try it with Unseeing Gaze? I feel like the 15 RR and 30% CDR+Carnage would trump Silverbolt's +2 to all skills.

Gonna need you to define your criteria for "good" here as well as I'd be fine with it just being good for hunting Nemeses.

Quote:
To posters advocating for bleed - we all know that you can't make a good set for two elements that have different devotion\skills\gear support. So either make it a fully Pierce set dedicated to Shadow Strike/Ring of Steel or make it a Bleeding set (but we kinda have enough Bleeding options already imo).
Pretty sure Rhylthar wanted the set to be viable for Pierce-focused builds and Bleed-focused builds, not hybrids of both.

This is why I like Phantasmal Blades for it, it has the potential to be a Pierce chunker on a ~2s cooldown with Blade Spirit for AoE (w/ Blades of Wrath or Azrakaa's Sands) or a Bleed stacker. You can't really do Bleed Shadow Strike with it.

Quote:
you actually have a good one right now:
https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/11695

Still need other off hand support, but it's a good start.

Piercing shadow strike have no support at all, maybe only this amulet. Well, current shadow strike is always lack of support. Previously we have N&O, but its effectiveness need questioning now.
It's gonna need more revamping to make it aimed at PBlades though. 120 Pierce damage (if dual wielding) is a big trade off for Unseeing Gaze's benefits.

Pierce Shadow Strike has these:

https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/12325
https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/7652
https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/11665

And many more, compare the amount of potential items Pierce Shadow Strike has to Pierce PBlades. About the only thing that Pierce Shadow Strike is missing that I will concede is weapons suited to it.

Last edited by Evil_Baka; 03-16-2019 at 02:37 AM.
Old 03-16-2019, 02:50 AM
Herald

Quote:
It's gonna need more revamping to make it aimed at PBlades though. 120 Pierce damage (if dual wielding) is a big trade off for Unseeing Gaze's benefits.

Pierce Shadow Strike has these:

https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/12325
https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/7652
https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/11665

And many more, compare the amount of potential items Pierce Shadow Strike has to Pierce PBlades. About the only thing that Pierce Shadow Strike is missing that I will concede is weapons suited to it.
Do you know that Pblades (aside of that niche pierce) have so many support right now with many item skill modifiers and two full set supporting it?

Shadow strike doesn't have full blown set supporting it. Bits of MI pieces and that's that. N&O? forget that. Saboteur will never go with shadow strike.

I don't care about damage type. I only care about playstyle. I want the dev has full shadow strike support in form of set, and I only asked for an epic set. It's even in the weaker damage type form that is pierce.

EDIT: Also, that items you linked. Come on, two faction items and one helm that has +3 shadow strike as an after thought? Also, let me repeat, I don't care about damage type.

Last edited by thejabrixone; 03-16-2019 at 02:58 AM.
Old 03-16-2019, 03:08 AM
Champion

Quote:
Do you know that Pblades (aside of that niche pierce) have so many support right now with many item skill modifiers and two full set supporting it?

Shadow strike doesn't have full blown set supporting it. Bits of MI pieces and that's that. N&O? forget that. Saboteur will never go with shadow strike.

I don't care about damage type. I only care about playstyle. I want the dev has full shadow strike support in form of set, and I only asked for an epic set. It's even in the weaker damage type form that is pierce.
Both sets for Phantasmal Blades emphasise the Frenetic Throw/spam playstyle for it evident by both having casting speed and little-to-no cooldown reduction or because of Frenetic Throw's conversion in Demonslayer's case. I am advocating that there be something significant for the other playstyle.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree here .

Quote:
EDIT: Also, that items you linked. Come on, two faction items and one helm that has +3 shadow strike as an after thought? Also, let me repeat, I don't care about damage type.
Faction items are not inherently bad, many are usable on end game builds. Horns of Korvaak also has +1 to Inquisitor, massive Aether/Chaos resists alongside Steel Resolve basically solve those for you. If you pick up some Elemental->Pierce conversion, the proc is a bonus.

Then why not just do a Cold Shadow Striker? As far as I know, they are not struggling for gear or damage and have not for a long time.

Last edited by Evil_Baka; 03-16-2019 at 03:21 AM.