Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > What Else Are You Playing?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-05-2019, 07:17 PM
Baron Baron is offline
Acolyte
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 31
Default

Ah, Heroes, such a great game. I really miss NWC.

Started with Heroes 1, and discovered Heroes 3 thanks to a demo CD. It only had one small map. Damn, did that map so many times while waiting for the complete game .

I was completely hyped when I discovered WoG. Between this, HotA and Equilibris for H4, the eastern Europe really seems to like the franchise as well ! Amazed at how it still performs. Not that it isn't deserved, of course.

(I also remember the huge pain it was to install WoG back in time...Took me forever to figure this out).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstalix View Post
Necropolis ost was amazing
I recall i was also playing a fan made expansion called Wake of Gods
Don't know if you heard about Heroes Orchestra ?
Necropolis OST

Those guys even did some musics with Paul Anthony Romero himself .
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-10-2019, 09:16 PM
Awsumpossum Awsumpossum is offline
Emissary
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
Ah, Heroes, such a great game. I really miss NWC.

Started with Heroes 1, and discovered Heroes 3 thanks to a demo CD. It only had one small map. Damn, did that map so many times while waiting for the complete game .

I was completely hyped when I discovered WoG. Between this, HotA and Equilibris for H4, the eastern Europe really seems to like the franchise as well ! Amazed at how it still performs. Not that it isn't deserved, of course.

(I also remember the huge pain it was to install WoG back in time...Took me forever to figure this out).



Don't know if you heard about Heroes Orchestra ?
Necropolis OST

Those guys even did some musics with Paul Anthony Romero himself .
Does WoG significantly alter the base game? My girlfriend and I have been playing just the HD fan mod and enjoying it, but I'm hesitant to install a mod in case the alterations are too drastic. Haven't installed HotA either for similar reasons.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-10-2019, 11:26 PM
Lony97 Lony97 is offline
Counsel
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 294
Default

Oh guys! stop make my nostalgia feeling stronger

I loved so much Heroes of Might&Magic and also Might&Magic

But no , i don"t play them at the moment, did you tried HOMM online? Its really good ,

Last edited by Lony97; 03-10-2019 at 11:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-11-2019, 12:37 AM
Awsumpossum Awsumpossum is offline
Emissary
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony97 View Post
Oh guys! stop make my nostalgia feeling stronger

I loved so much Heroes of Might&Magic and also Might&Magic

But no , i don"t play them at the moment, did you tried HOMM online? Its really good ,
Not familiar with what that is.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-11-2019, 06:31 PM
Baron Baron is offline
Acolyte
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsumpossum View Post
Does WoG significantly alter the base game? My girlfriend and I have been playing just the HD fan mod and enjoying it, but I'm hesitant to install a mod in case the alterations are too drastic. Haven't installed HotA either for similar reasons.
Hmm, yes it does, but ! If that didn't change since I played it, you can actually choose what to "WoGify" or not in your game. When you launch a scenario, there is a "WoG options" window, where you can decide what to leave and what to take (and another window when you start the scenario itself).
Don't like those level 8 creatures ? Hop.
Not a fan of the new buildings ? Bang.
That redesign of the resistance skill is an aberration ? Boom.

That will require a bit of trial and error, but in the end, you might get a very nice experience. I remember that at the beginning of WoG, I tried all the options (and this brought so many crashes, haha), but eventually, I turned off many of them, only keeping a bit of stuff. This allowed me to get a (stable) fresh experience, while keeping what made Heroes 3 magical for me.

Hope this helps .
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-11-2019, 10:39 PM
Awsumpossum Awsumpossum is offline
Emissary
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 870
Default

Good to know. I'm curious what resolution people typically play on the HD mod. I switched to 1920x1080 and it makes it way too small, so I swapped back to whatever it was on originally. Just curious if I'm missing out on some tweak.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-14-2019, 12:37 AM
Lony97 Lony97 is offline
Counsel
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsumpossum View Post
Not familiar with what that is.
It's Heroes of might&Magic Online and it's still an active game
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-15-2019, 07:30 AM
Kekkuli Kekkuli is offline
Advocate
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 424
Default

Call me a blasphemer, but i prefer homm IV. I've tried them all from homm II and haven't really liked any but 4.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-15-2019, 08:45 AM
Natt's Avatar
Natt Natt is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 159
Default

If we are talking about other games...
What's your opinion on HOMM V, guys?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-15-2019, 04:59 PM
Ragnar's Avatar
Ragnar Ragnar is offline
Emissary
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 990
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natt View Post
If we are talking about other games...
What's your opinion on HOMM V, guys?
The last good heroes game, especialy with all expansions. It also has good mod support, heroes 5.5 is a must as it improves the AI a lot and speed up turns so you dont need to wait long.
Its best heroes after heroes 3 and 2. Didnt like heroes 4 and the direction they went with it.
__________________
Look into the face of the enemy, and rejoice!
For to stand before him, to bask in his fury,
is to tell him that you fear him not,
and that he is within a sword-thrust of destruction.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2019 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.11 ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.