Old 11-24-2018, 11:59 PM
Acolyte

When I installed Soulvizier I had to download main mod and 2 more updates, 0.90 , 0.96 and 0.98i, if this is anyhow from help to you.
Old 12-23-2018, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

Just posting a query here. Does anyone remember news/forum posts over on THQ that they were working on Ragnarok before they closed down? Someone mentioned on the Steam forum that they were, but I can't find any info and of course THQ is long gone.
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.
Old 12-30-2018, 02:24 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by medea fleecestealer View Post
Just posting a query here. Does anyone remember news/forum posts over on THQ that they were working on Ragnarok before they closed down? Someone mentioned on the Steam forum that they were, but I can't find any info and of course THQ is long gone.
There was an Act V fan mod in development that was meant to comprise Norse mythology. I remember reading about it on the old forums. I never heard anything official though until Nordic's announcement, and I've kept up with Titan Quest over the years.
Old 12-30-2018, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator

Well, it seems ILE were working on a TQ2 before they closed. This from back in 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
Actually adding the ability to move your char based on WASD wouldn't be too difficult. You just wouldn't be able to use half the skills in the game properly.

We actually implemented WASD on a TQ2 prototype when I was at ILE and it was kind of cool, although a totally different game (we'd turned the camera into 3rd-person over the shoulder). However, a lot of extra work would have been required to make it work with the existing skill system, balance it, and make it not feel like a total hack.

I think it is also much easier to design and balance the game around one control scheme. I'd really only want to go WASD if we were creating a new game where that was going to be the only control scheme. Trying to support both is very difficult and most games that try suffer from it. At the very least, one control scheme ends up being more advantageous than the other.

I guess I'd also point out that developers in the quotes posted above indicate that they have ultimately chosen not to support WASD because they didn't feel it would be beneficial to the game.
Whether THQ continued work on it and that's what Nordic turned into Ragnarok we'll probably never know for sure.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:47 AM
Initiate

Default Is there still interest in a TQ modding site?

This maybe a too late for Titan Quest, especially considering Steam Workshop is now hosting content but, we now have a framework for quickly pushing out modding portals for games supported by ModDrop. You can see an example of the portal we released for Stardew Valley at moddrop.com/sdv. Do you think there's still any interest in this?
Old 01-10-2019, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

There may be Kreisher. You'd have to ask over on the new forum since that's where most of the modders for the game are hanging out. titanquestfans.net

Tags
titan quest